AvP Featurette 3 is Out!!!

Started by Darkness, Apr 27, 2004, 04:24:33 PM

Author
AvP Featurette 3 is Out!!! (Read 20,589 times)

Saint Sinner

Saint Sinner

The "Predalien" could ruin this movie. They already said that they wanted to stay as far away from Alien: Resurrection as possible, and if you think about the Newborn compared to the Predalien, it seems like a copycat move to place a hybrid in AVP. Maybe a sequel, but I hope they don't do it here. The use of a hybrid creature has the ability to completely cheapen both franchises. I mean, it may work in a comic or a video game, but it's cheesy. Might come out looking (on screen) like some Power Rangers villain. The two creatures were meant to battle and exist in the same universe, but IMO, that's as far as it should go in a movie.  Even though it might be some big secret, I'm doubting that it'll be in the movie. The only real "evidence" someone could provide is the fact that in interviews someone saw a crate with the words "hybrid" on it, which still isn't enough for me right now.  And that picture everybody keeps believing is a Predalien, is of a carving of a Predator above the staircase inside the pyramid.

Predboy

Predboy

Damn!!!!!!!!!!!! Those pictures look so damn cool. Now I know this movie will be the best of all the movies that were made.   ;D     ;D     ;D     ;D  

Rusty Nails

Rusty Nails

Me likey... Anderson already said that the/a predator(s) are giving "birth" in a way that a chestburster will come out of them, so you should all expect a/ predalien(s).  @AdamJz, so it's really you then? Otherwise if the other "real" is reading this, then e-mail me and I'll bring the message you wanted to Darkness right away. Ciao everybody, and goodnight.  -Rusty Nails

Saint Sinner

Saint Sinner

Rusty, can you provide the interview or source where this was said? I've read nearly everything and never seen that said anywhere.

Red_Beard

Red_Beard

Maybe an chestburster will tear through a predator, but it could end up being a regular alien.  Sure there was the dog alien, but the aliens have always been refered to as an insect like spcies.  And in that respect, i would compare them to other insect species that plant their "seeds" in other creatures, in which the hatchlings are always the same, no matter what organism they are planted in.  So why wouldn't this apply to the aliens as well?

AdamJZ

AdamJZ

Aliens are not bugs, they dont look like them and they are not them.

Killer_Kakashi

Killer_Kakashi

It's because of Hudson's line in aliens. Something about an ant hive? That line makes a lot of people say that aliens are very much like bugs, even though they ain't

Me

Me

PAUL ANDERSON:  "I had the idea for this movie nine years ago," claims Anderson. "And being able to make a movie that I have thought about for that long is really a dream come true. At the same time, trying to follow in the footsteps of some of the best filmmakers in the world is incredibly intimidating and kept me awake on many nights. I consider Scott's and Cameron's movies to be masterpieces.  "There are a number of innovations in AvP," Anderson continues. "The Alien Queen, for example, is the most sophisticated animatronic ever put on screen. It's got double the points of articulation of T-Rex that was built for Jurassic Park. So, in terms of what it can do, how it can perform, it's a massive leap forward from what James Cameron was doing with two stuntmen in the Alien Queen suit operating the arms. That was a puppeteered marionette and this is really state of the art. It's as good as you can get."

Predgirl

Predgirl

Hello I'm back oh and about asking me to go out with you well I hope you live in Pennsylvania because thats where I live.  Anyway that is ok Growler you have a pretty good point about the Predator eating habits, but it seems kind a messy if you know what I mean.  To Vekin yes I'm only commenting here, but its ok if anyone wants to ask me about anything I don't mind.  I'm usually a care free person anyway. Thanks Killer_Kakashi for the comment at least someone agreeds about what I said. If you really want to know my age check out my site it says it there ok and maybe I'll email you.  If anyone is wondering about the trailer coming out in the movies I'm seeing Van Helsing next weekend and I'll tell everyone if its there, but I doubt it.  And to Growler hope you get back home soon safely and then you can check out the featurettes.   ;D  

Saint Sinner

Saint Sinner

Even though there are some similarities to "bugs" the only real reason they were called that in Aliens is because a lot of the material came straight from Heinlein's Starship Troopers. (Aliens in that were referred to as bugs. Another example from the book, which is used in Aliens, is the term "bug hunt" said by Hudson)  I don't think they're ncessarely "bugs" though, they are an extremely intelligent Alien species.

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

To PREDGIRL, I've been looking around your site from the link you gave me and you got some sweet looking stuff   ;D   is it all done by you?.Also I'm not to sure or were to find a link or something to email you if that would be alright so I could send you some of my stuff.And I was wondering if you use MSN because that would be easier and we could chat back and forth and send pics back and forth alot easier to.I live in Canada and our timezones are pretty close( its 1:20am right now).If you want to email me you can at .......bristow_666@hotmail.com About the "bug" comments the only resemblance I see with the 2 is that they both live in hives,have queens,warriors,drones,etc. and possibly use pheromones to follow one another since they have no eyes also I think they use the stinger like weapons at the end of there tails as exactly that stingers that may secrete an emobilizing poison to paralyze there pray for easy transport back to the hive to be cacooned for the facehuggers.These are just MY thoughts but I agree(ADAMJZ) they are NOT bugs but more organic in nature and pure KILLING MACHINES!!!!   ;D     ;D  OOMMMAHHAHHHAHHHAHH!I cant wait till this sucker comes out I'm having withdrals

Vekin

Vekin

Well said bringer of death. One reason why the Space Jockeys possibly design the aliens that way  because it is such an efficient lifestyle compared to other oraganisms

Pred X

Pred X

Zerg vs Alien vs Protoss vs Predator hahaha just kidding. Sweet new material, hopefully this movie is such a success that ALIENS VS PREDATOR(as it should be titled) 2, Predator 3, and Alien 5 are all made.

Growler

Growler

First to Predgirl:: Hello neighbor.  My hometown is Youngstown Ohio which is about an hour 1/2 drive from Pittsburgh where I went to the Art Institute there.  to Bringer of Death::  You're on the money with the Aliens.  I don't see them being any different than a colony of ants.  I've played the AVP Extinction game as the Aliens and it was just like watching ants at a picnic.  Dragging bodies back to the hive like ants dragging little chunks of food.   I'm not saying Aliens are ants, they just behave like them.

Rusty Nails

Rusty Nails

@ Saint Sinner:  "Paul Anderson: f**k, no! (laughter) There will be no predator babies. Predators may give birth to things, but it won

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed