Avp2 remastered for consoles?

Started by Deathly_rYaN, Jun 15, 2011, 10:22:36 PM

Would you get AvP2 if Monolith remastered AvP2 for the consoles?

Yes
25 (67.6%)
Maybe
6 (16.2%)
No
6 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author
Avp2 remastered for consoles? (Read 5,836 times)

Brother

Brother

Quote from: x-M-x on Jun 24, 2011, 01:48:46 PM
Quote from: Brother on Jun 24, 2011, 12:37:39 PM
Some people like it and it gives some purpose to playing, not a problem if it's there.

Yea,

Except for the teenagers who are like 'omg!! my rank is higher than yours !!1 omg!!!'   ::)

:laugh:

Kid's will never learn, remember when you see a player on AVP2010 with Rank 1 or even 10, don't ever expect hes easy to 'own'  :D - it's all about ya skills not about ya 'number'

It's not even about the skill for some people.

Anyway, ranking can be handled in many ways that could work for A:CM, just look away from AvP3.

it would be interesting if ranks worked in a way that was not just 1,2,3,4 etc, but took more things into account than simply experience, and did actually reflect skill.
but that would probably be too complex for people to understand or be reduced to something as simple as a 2 digit number, unless it was merely KDR, but KDRs get to be pretty big numbers.

DragonBossk

DragonBossk

I agree that going up ranks gives purpose, and for me in can be good for a while, but eventually always gets me worked up over killstreaks and trying unlock new ranks and equipment. For me that can take the fun out of the game, and as of late I prefer playing games where your score resets after each gaming session, nothing is held against you the next time you play. This is why I find games such as team fortress 2, L4D and avp 2 refreshing and "light", just casual fun that only gets competitve if you want it to. Hell the two I mentioned don't even record your deaths.

Alien and Predator based games I believe should fall into the category of casual multiplayer games, and not go the route of competitive militaristic shooters. I know most would disagree but thats how I feel.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: x-M-x on Jun 24, 2011, 12:22:41 PM

Just no... a rank doesn't prove how good you are.....

Actually it proves just how good you are. If you are rank 1-2-3, this means you dont know the map and how the game is played at all. If you are rank 3 and kill someone who is rank 43.. well this is just luck you know.. that you killed that player and not someone with higher rank. Its battle, anything goes, everybody can kill anybody.. but you still dont know the maps, their spots, whats better to do in various moments and such. These things are learning with playing, your rank 3 proves you are not played enough to know the game. Sorry.

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: Moss on Jun 25, 2011, 06:39:22 PM

Actually it proves just how good you are. If you are rank 1-2-3, this means you dont know the map and how the game is played at all. If you are rank 3 and kill someone who is rank 43.. well this is just luck you know.. that you killed that player and not someone with higher rank. Its battle, anything goes, everybody can kill anybody.. but you still dont know the maps, their spots, whats better to do in various moments and such. These things are learning with playing, your rank 3 proves you are not played enough to know the game. Sorry.

1: Not letting a number tell me how good i am lol...

2: Your right..  played it few times but it did TURN OUT SHIT, back to AVP2 baby.  8)

Quote from: Moss on Jun 25, 2011, 06:39:22 PM

this would be true if there wasn't friendy matches, or such an unbalanced ranking system, and glitches in the xp system.

delsaber8

delsaber8

I've run into a few good level 1's. They might have as much experience as a level 43 because ranked match making is so terrible, they don't play it. Level is not a good indication of skill in this game.

Ghost Rider.

Ghost Rider.

Ranks are stupid. AVP2 is the best. I'd buy it if it was released again

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed