Playing AVP2 on Vista

Started by predxeno, Apr 30, 2010, 04:54:24 PM

Author
Playing AVP2 on Vista (Read 5,496 times)

predxeno

predxeno

The alien and predator nightvision modes don't work for me.  Any help?

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: predxeno on Apr 30, 2010, 04:54:24 PM
The alien and predator nightvision modes don't work for me.  Any help?

sounds likes a graphics problem, funny how you think its vista causing this problem? lol

this problem has happend before in XP 98 even 2000 machines don't blame it on vista.

Make sure your graphics card drivers are fully up-to-date also what card do you have ??

predxeno

predxeno

I'm not exactly a computer expert so I have no idea how to find out what my graphics card is.

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

I got an E Machines Nvidia Graphics card. and AvP2 plays so good. and I have it set on Best Graphics.

though, I wonder how the game will run on windows 7? sence I am thinking of buying one in the near future.

predxeno

predxeno

We should petition Steam to make a compatible version of AVP 2 and Primal Hunt like they did for AVP 1 Gold. ;D

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

theres a Compatable version of AvP1? hmmm.

I personaly think they should rerelease AvP gold and AvP2 gold in a two pack. compatable for newer computers. AvP1 Gold won't work for my vista. it'll play but the picture is messed up.

predxeno

predxeno

Yeah, download the Steam client on your computer.  This is the same client that is required for you to download in order to play AVP3.  So you can trust it, after all Rebellion trusts it enough to tell the consumers to install it.  AVP1 Gold is given a new name on this client.  It is now called Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000.  It's only $4.99.

x-M-x

x-M-x

AVP2, works on Windows 7 with out problems.

tested it my self  8)

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

Excelent. thanks x-M-x for your troubles.

predxeno

predxeno

My CD key isn't working.  The game says either I have a bad internet connection or their servers or something isn't working.  I have used the key before on a different computer.  I think that computer may also still have the game on it.  Could this be the problem?

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: predxeno on May 01, 2010, 05:52:20 AM
My CD key isn't working.  The game says either I have a bad internet connection or their servers or something isn't working.  I have used the key before on a different computer.  I think that computer may also still have the game on it.  Could this be the problem?

You want to play online? if thats the case then please check this thread on my forum.

What you need to play Aliens vs. Predator 2 online

predxeno

predxeno

Is there any way to update my graphics card so I can have the nightvision for alien and predator?

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

it depends intirely on what kind of Graphics card your using.

Do you set your computer to automaticly update? if so it should update itself. but again it depends on the type of Graphics card you have.

Hey Predxeno, Where can I download Steam? I got well over $5 so I can buy the game no problem. I just need the download. got a link?

Brother

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

Um, thanks Brother! :D DAMN! Have to download it tomarrow. no matter. I got plenty of time.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed