How is AVP-R "going back to the roots"?

Started by Robotpo, Nov 20, 2007, 10:42:23 PM

Author
How is AVP-R "going back to the roots"? (Read 65,852 times)

Spaghetti

Quote from: SM on Nov 21, 2007, 01:19:45 AM
QuoteThe extend DVD films are still cannon in my mind.

So why ignore them in favour of this awful regurgitation thing?

I agree,

why not use egg morphing which is as "back to the roots" as you can get, over this horrific pred-alien-queen barfing idea?

Colin_Strause

Quote from: Gates on Nov 21, 2007, 01:31:12 AM
Quote from: Colin_Strause on Nov 21, 2007, 01:17:35 AM
The extend DVD films are still cannon in my mind.

This guy is funny... ::)

If it's the director's vision for the film, then it's cannon.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Nov 21, 2007, 01:32:11 AM

That is seriously lame. Nothing personal, but by that logic, any director that takes hold of a sequel to a
particular franchise could make up any shit they wanted to without paying attention to what has been established and then expect that made up shit to be regarded as official by the fans who are most likely going to reject it. Nice try, but its failed.

So if an alien 5 is made and a director wants the aliens to shit ice cream out and molest children, its canon in terms of the alien lore. ::)

Anomaly

A little optimism: Credit where credits due tho.. this film looks better than AVP. I'll say that.

Gates

I'm not questioning that...I find it hysterical that you would say that, considering you decided to ignore egg-morphing in favor of this regurgitation nonsense...

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 21, 2007, 01:29:08 AM
If they had the budget or the desire to show "egg-like cocoons", why not just show eggs then?

Because the story did not call for it.

And note how Colin is not commenting on this, in any way. :)

Highland

Quote from: Gates on Nov 21, 2007, 01:35:56 AM

I'm not questioning that...I find it hysterical that you would say that, considering you decided to ignore egg-morphing in favor of this regurgitation nonsense...

So did Cameron, look how he turned out.... ::)

Colin_Strause

Quote from: Gates on Nov 21, 2007, 01:35:56 AM

Well, since we didn't see the beginning or the end of that scene in Alien, it's totally open to what actually happened off screen. 

Colin_Strause

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 21, 2007, 01:34:51 AM

That is seriously lame. Nothing personal, but by that logic, any director that takes hold of a sequel to a
particular franchise could make up any shit they wanted to without paying attention to what has been established and then expect that made up shit to be regarded as official by the fans who are most likely going to reject it. Nice try, but its failed.

So if an alien 5 is made and a director wants the aliens to shit ice cream out and molest children, its canon in terms of the alien lore. ::)

Yep. That's life.

kcirtap33

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 21, 2007, 01:34:51 AM

;D

Ballzanya

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 21, 2007, 01:36:38 AM
Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 21, 2007, 01:29:08 AM
If they had the budget or the desire to show "egg-like cocoons", why not just show eggs then?

Because the story did not call for it.

And note how Colin is not commenting on this, in any way. :)

whoever said i was complaining that he was posting on the board? Doesn't mean I have to agree with his statements or his reasons for why he chose to do things in the film. I don't have some vendetta against him or any desire to kick him in the balls or anything. lol.

echobbase79

All the Alien sequels f**ked with the lifecycle. If any film is to be blamed it should be the first one because Ridley should've kept the egg morphing scene in the version released back in '79. The whole process is opened for interpretation.

Anomaly

To be honest.. time to turncoat on this particular issue. Egg morphing is LAME. lol

ShadowPred

Life's a bitch people, you alien will be sh** on much worse, hell A:R proved that.

Spaghetti

Quote from: Anomaly on Nov 21, 2007, 01:40:10 AM
To be honest.. time to turncoat on this particular issue. Egg morphing is LAME. lol

Not as lame as barfing into peoples mouthes in my opinion.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed