REQUIEM28'S Artwork

Started by Requiem28, Dec 24, 2008, 09:21:52 PM

Author
REQUIEM28'S Artwork (Read 160,117 times)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Requiem28 on Jan 09, 2013, 09:45:21 PM
Thanks very much guys  :)

Honestly, I would love to see everyone's take on a perfect Godzilla.  A design from everyone that accents what exactly it is about Godzilla that makes us such a big fan.

Challenge Accepted.

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Quote from: Requiem28 on Jan 09, 2013, 07:29:22 PM
GODZILLA!

Holy Hell... That looks....

...Legendary better work their asses off, cause it's going to be near impossile to top that. I'm not a fan of Bulky, Animalistic Godzillas. Never have been, but as far as that direction goes, you made it look great.

Quote from: Requiem28 on Jan 09, 2013, 09:45:21 PM
Thanks very much guys  :)

Honestly, I would love to see everyone's take on a perfect Godzilla.  A design from everyone that accents what exactly it is about Godzilla that makes us such a big fan.

I think I just might give that idea a go, actually.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Thanks KNIGHT   :)

Well, my work was shared on the Godzilla 2014 facebook page, and as expected, there were haters of the design.  A LOT.

https://m.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=363145807117319&id=310513959047171&set=a.327895833975650.72969.310513959047171&__user=0

I guess a lot of people just can't accept a redesign of Godzilla?  :-\

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

People are still ungrateful after 1998.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Requiem, dude, they're fanboys. And on top of it, they're Godzilla fanboys. Being hilariously conservative and 'museum-izing' is their job.

A redesign is always going to have at least some negative reactions.

The 'Tyrannosaurus' comments are (as always have been) hilarious; if your Godzilla looks like a Tyrannosaurus to them, they've never, ever seen a Tyrannosaurus skeleton or a life reconstruction of said animal, be it an illustration or a model. The only things they share is the fact they're reptilian and the posture (more-or-less). The more general 'looks like a dinosaur' comments seem to forget that the original Godzilla, regardless of its origin, looked like a specifically modified early reconstruction of a theropod (with the upright, 'tripod', tail-dragging posture).

One complaint I found interesting is the mention of the design being 'top heavy' and the question of balance. You can easily resolve that with the fact the drawing is in prospective, and in case you didn't plan to, make a strong base for the tail to add more of a counterweight.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Yeah.  I tried to defend my case with stating what influenced my choices and also bringing in the original history of Godzilla.  As I said before in one of my comments, "if Japan can take our King Kong and alter the design and scale of him (which I thought looked like shit in all honesty) then why can't we do the same for Godzilla ( but make alterations that make sense)  :-\

For all we know, Gareth Edward's design may not look exactly like the original either.  He IS going for a realistic take, so...

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Saw your comment man. Wish I could 'like' it more than once.
The King Kong example is very solid and effectively one I have never thought of...

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

People generally just don't like change. It was the number one complaint about the Godzilla design from 1998 (when it should have been about the film itself.) The design has since become more popular and accepted. Especially by the younger generations of fans who grew up with this bad boy.

REQ - If your design (or something similar enough) goes rampaging through theaters in 2014 then you'll just have to wait about 12 years for most people to be good with it. (They'll be to busy hating the 'newest' Godzilla design and remembering the good ol' days of 2014.)

On a side note ... Godzilla has had more face lifts from Toho than all the Hollywood stars over the age of 40, combined!

Requiem28

Requiem28

Agreed, Bat Chain.

Finally, after long efforts, HQ....

*More pose studies with this Zilla design coming up.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Unf!

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

MOTHER OF f**k

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

DUDE :o

Requiem28

Requiem28

Alright, here's what I've done so far for my Godzilla 2014 design...

Newer sketches...

Coming up...

Bonus:

Spoiler
Pre-rendering stage...

[close]

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

My eyes cannot handle the brilliance in these pieces.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Ok it's official.

You are Crash McCreery's heir.

These. Are. f**king. Gorgeus.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed