Newt sleeping.

Started by Kimo, Jul 16, 2020, 03:53:55 AM

Author
Newt sleeping. (Read 7,003 times)

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: SM on Jul 17, 2020, 11:07:38 PM
It wasn't luck and they weren't hibernating. 

Unless I don't understand what "hibernating" means, these Xenos seemed pretty "hibernating" to me till Marines started frying their babies

426Buddy

426Buddy

The baby came from a woman recently snatched by a snatcher.

SiL

SiL

Yeah, some were definitely chilling, but not all of them.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 17, 2020, 11:52:58 PM
The baby came from a woman recently snatched by a snatcher.

That's true. Maybe some of Xenos were still picking the last survivors. I mean, they've already entered The Hive and made some noise but Xenos haven't reacted until Marined fried that one chestburster. We see shots of them "waking up" too

Quote from: SiL on Jul 17, 2020, 11:58:10 PM
Yeah, some were definitely chilling, but not all of them.

This, basically

Kimo

Kimo

Quote from: SM on Jul 17, 2020, 11:07:38 PM
Quote@SM
God dam luck she survived. I supposed as time went by the Aliens were all hibernating making her chance of survival higher. But the early days of the outbreak, would of been tough for a 9 year old girl. I'm still hoping for the day, we get to see this in video game or on film of the events on Hadley's Hope.

It wasn't luck and they weren't hibernating.  She could fit places the Aliens couldn't and she used it to stay alive.  And the Aliens were active up to at least a couple of days before the marines arrived.
I understand why she got the name Newt, cos newts can get in to allsorts of small spaces. But what about roaming Facehuggers? That's if ur ok with facehugger roaming around from outside the nest? I still think luck was a big contribution on to how Newt survived, especially in the early days of the outbreak. I mean even in Aliens the vents are pretty big for a xenomorph to crawl into. Also were newt was living even Ripley managed to follow her inside so I can imagine a fully grown xeno could get inside there as well. But ya, Newt chances of survival would of been greater then the average person because of her size but I still think luck was a major contribution as well.

SiL

SiL

Her brother says she fits places even other kids can't fit.

Kimo

Kimo

She's obviously used the vents to escape the Aliens at some point in the past. But she never stayed inside them all the time. she was roaming about the complex when the Marines arrived, so I bet she's done that several times in the past risking her own life. Like, you only have to see the amount of resources she has in her makeshift home to see that's she's been hording. So I bet she was still taking a chance when leaving the vents to collect vital resources. Obviously by the time the Marines arrived the xeno activity was low since most/all were hibernating. But still, you can't say it was pure skill and intelligence why she survived for so long. It's obviously a mixture of a lot of things, like her being good at hiding in the vents and also pure luck that a xeno ain't clocked her.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Kimo on Jul 18, 2020, 12:38:42 AM
But what about roaming Facehuggers?

I don't think facehuggers were freely roaming around the colony. Xenos caught colonists, brought them to Hive and glued them to walls so little bastards can attach themselves to their faces. IIRC, in movies egg opens and facehugger jumps out only when its victim is nearby

SM

SM

Quote from: Kimo on Jul 18, 2020, 01:51:57 AM
She's obviously used the vents to escape the Aliens at some point in the past. But she never stayed inside them all the time. she was roaming about the complex when the Marines arrived, so I bet she's done that several times in the past risking her own life. Like, you only have to see the amount of resources she has in her makeshift home to see that's she's been hording. So I bet she was still taking a chance when leaving the vents to collect vital resources. Obviously by the time the Marines arrived the xeno activity was low since most/all were hibernating. But still, you can't say it was pure skill and intelligence why she survived for so long. It's obviously a mixture of a lot of things, like her being good at hiding in the vents and also pure luck that a xeno ain't clocked her.

If it was "pure luck" then it's not "a mixture of a lot of things".

Kimo

Kimo

@Kradan
I did say "that's if your ok with facehuggers roaming freely" But still, it's plausible for a facehugger to fit in to tight spaces just like Newt.

@SM
"pure" as in 100% maybe it was the wrong word to use. But the got to be some luck involved on her survival it can't all be 100% vent skill. 

426Buddy

426Buddy

There is some luck involved on our survival everytime we drive on the road.

However the film makes a point to provide a plausible reason for her survival beyond just luck. Of course she was lucky to survive, but she probably wouldn't have if she couldn't fit into small spaces and hadn't already been familiar with the air ducts.

Kimo

Kimo

I'm not arguing that the Vents never helped her survive, it was defo a part of her survival. But as I said before, she will be taking some risk when leaving the Vents to roam about for supplies to horde. Even in the later days when the Aliens were hibernating the could still be 1 or 2 xenos scouting about the complex. 

426Buddy

426Buddy

I like the idea of roaming facehuggers, it's a scary concept. But that would have made it very difficult for anything to last for long imo.

I think the film series mostly shows that facehuggers only spawn when near someone. The EU is all about roaming facehuggers though :laugh:

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 18, 2020, 01:50:44 PM
I like the idea of roaming facehuggers, it's a scary concept. But that would have made it very difficult for anything to last for long imo.

I think the film series mostly shows that facehuggers only spawn when near someone. The EU is all about roaming facehuggers though :laugh:

AvP 2 ?

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 18, 2020, 01:56:12 PM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 18, 2020, 01:50:44 PM

AvP 2 ?

Well lot's of the DH comics have shown roaming facehuggers. Off the top of my head there is Berserker and Defiance, both done to great effect.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed