Why do some people prefer Alien over Aliens?

Started by Aliens1986fanboy, May 03, 2020, 02:03:59 AM

Author
Why do some people prefer Alien over Aliens? (Read 36,473 times)

Basher917

Quote from: SM on Nov 16, 2020, 04:07:15 AM
I wouldn't have thought 'organism impregnates host with parasite which kills host when it is born' is terribly beyond most humans understanding.

True, but I was referring more to the really weird movements and behaviors it exhibits during the way it kills Lambert and generally whatever the f**k its doing during the shuttle scene.

It displays a foreign intelligence: in how it stowed away on the escape shuttle, but doesn't gun for Ripley like a mindless animal. It takes its time -- perhaps deliberately.

But the point is to not know its intent. Not to know what happened to Dallas when he just 'disappeared'. Think it adds to the horror of the creature's nature.

Schaefer

Why do i prefere Alien?!
Because its the better movie and aged alot better then Aliens.

Shugsi

Quote from: Basher917 on Nov 16, 2020, 02:02:36 PM
I wouldn't have thought 'organism impregnates host with parasite which kills host when it is born' is terribly beyond most humans understanding.

True, but I was referring more to the really weird movements and behaviors it exhibits during the way it kills Lambert and generally whatever the f**k its doing during the shuttle scene.

It displays a foreign intelligence: in how it stowed away on the escape shuttle, but doesn't gun for Ripley like a mindless animal. It takes its time -- perhaps deliberately.

But the point is to not know its intent. Not to know what happened to Dallas when he just 'disappeared'. Think it adds to the horror of the creature's nature.

This is the beauty of Alien in all it's 70s sci-fi oddness. The slowness and strange behavior. Even the question of the space jockey too. The crew are a bit odd also. I mentioned it before on here the other day. There was an American guy on another forum  (I bet he's on here too) years ago now who was one of the original Alien fans (and Outlander too which has over time been kind of linked unofficially to the Alien universe at times). He walked out on Aliens at the cinema. He said others did too at the time. Which I found interesting. What was the second movie original Alien fans wanted?

Fincher also had a bit of this mindset didn't he.

son_of_kane

The way it just kind of stands there and studies Lambert is absolutely chilling. The stuff of nightmares.

SiL

This is all behaviour, not biology.

bb-15

I sometimes think of the Xenomorph's behavior being like a super intelligent leopard. A cunning stalker, ambush predator.

;)

Gr33n M4n

I see Xenomorph behavior as being sort of cat like.

bb-15

Quote from: Phobos on Nov 24, 2020, 01:52:10 AM

Yes, especially in "Alien".

;)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: bb-15 on Nov 24, 2020, 02:01:48 AM

;)

The Covenant Alien reminded me of a panther.

Shugsi

Quote from: son_of_kane on Nov 16, 2020, 04:03:20 PM

The way it just kind of stands there and studies Lambert is absolutely chilling. The stuff of nightmares.

Also childlike.

bb-15

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Nov 24, 2020, 02:12:37 AM

;)

I agree when the xeno was slowly crawling on the outside of the ship.

Once it got inside, it was less of a cat-like ambush predator.

* The pack of neomorphs reminded me of wild dogs. Pretty frightening.

;)

Gr33n M4n

Xenomorph > Protomorph

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: bb-15 on Nov 24, 2020, 11:20:48 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Nov 24, 2020, 02:12:37 AM

;)

I agree when the xeno was slowly crawling on the outside of the ship.

Once it got inside, it was less of a cat-like ambush predator.

* The pack of neomorphs reminded me of wild dogs. Pretty frightening.

;)

It's a nice contrast to the more anthropomorphic Alien in the original film. That makes Big Chap look hauntingly smart and David's Alien more feral.  :)

Elmazalman

My favourite scene from the film.

That brief head and shoulders shot of it (as Parker shouts out: "Get out of the way, Lambert!") as it faces Lambert, its arms raised up and outstretched, is a beauty. I'd love to see the raw, unedited take of that shot just to see how it would've ended.

Quote from: S1L on Nov 24, 2020, 08:53:08 AM

Also childlike.
The unused shots of a terrified Brett, trying to scream, revealed the Alien's inquisitive nature towards its victims through some interesting body language (the initial hand reaching out).

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Phobos on Nov 25, 2020, 12:02:56 AM
Xenomorph > Protomorph

We don't use that word here... >:(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed