Two More Screenshots // 4 More Added

Started by ikarop, Oct 14, 2011, 06:00:05 PM

Author
Two More Screenshots // 4 More Added (Read 53,825 times)

robbritton

Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on Nov 27, 2011, 08:50:59 AM
Or lets not. I mean the melee thing they seem to stick to isnt nice in that it makes no sense for a 'rine to hit hard enough to force an Alien off him but it helps save you if a bunch of Aliens get to you. I mean yes, valid points have been made about having your squad around to help you if you get swarmed but we know which direction this game is going, you will be alone some times amd it wont always be coop so what then? If a game is too hard then people wont like it. They need to find that niche where its good for Aliens fans and casual gamers. Because it seems we want it bloody hard and casuals want it... Well casual.
Im not saying it should be incredibly easy but it shouldnt be amazingly hard

Vasquez held an alien to a wall with one leg. Dillon held one off for a fair while. Granted they were both ultimately doomed, but the point stands - the films have examples of humans being briefly successful in using physical force against the alien. Why shouldn't the games?

RagingDragon

Quote from: SM on Nov 28, 2011, 10:39:46 PM
QuoteI know Fox didn't make the game, but they are the funky, rotten roots below the ground.  If your roots are f**ked, your plant isn't going to make it.

Fox can only be held for the creative decisions of their licensees by letting them make those decisions.  Fox isn't making any creative decisions themselves.

This is a good point. 

ikarop

Ee
Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Nov 29, 2011, 11:01:38 PM
Quote from: newbeing on Nov 28, 2011, 05:51:37 PM
So... when can we expect some new media or info  ;D

I remember asking Ikarop that question to see if maybe he knew, somewhere on the forums too, and I remember the answer being not for a while.

Indeed. Nothing big for the rest of the year.

SM

SM

QuoteVasquez held an alien to a wall with one leg. Dillon held one off for a fair while. Granted they were both ultimately doomed, but the point stands - the films have examples of humans being briefly successful in using physical force against the alien. Why shouldn't the games?

Vasquez was able to put all her weight behind her to pin the head to the wall while she pumped bullets into wall.  She had phsyics on her side and she still ended up crippled.

Dillon just took a little while to die.  So did Lambert.

The above scenarios are a little more realistic than whacking an Alien in the face hard enough to make it back off.  but it's a video game - what are you going to do?

The Xenoborg

QuoteThe above scenarios are a little more realistic than whacking an Alien in the face hard enough to make it back off.  but it's a video game - what are you going to do?
I am not sure but doesn't the player in the game hit the Alien more than once in the face, with the butt of a shotgun?

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: The Xenoborg on Dec 01, 2011, 11:06:26 PM
QuoteThe above scenarios are a little more realistic than whacking an Alien in the face hard enough to make it back off.  but it's a video game - what are you going to do?
I am not sure but doesn't the player in the game hit the Alien more than once in the face, with the butt of a shotgun?

During the Close Encounter they show off in the demo, Winters hits then shoots a Xeno in the face.

SM

SM

Seems completely unrealistic - but sacrifices need to be made for the sake of gameplay.  As has been said many times, if the Aliens were as deadly in games as they are in the films - the games would generally be very short.

The Xenoborg

Unless the Alien AI was inspired from AvP:R!

SM

SM

Not necessarily - if it's anything like AvP:Poo the Aliens would have the advantage of you not seeing them coming.  Or indeed anything else at all.

The Xenoborg

Quote from: SM on Dec 01, 2011, 11:44:52 PM
Not necessarily - if it's anything like AvP:Poo the Aliens would have the advantage of you not seeing them coming.  Or indeed anything else at all.
The game's not gonna be pitch black. Only pitch black things are gonna be mildly pitch black.

PVTDukeMorrison

Its a video game based around a fictional movie guys, and your talking about realism. On the other hand, I highly doubt gearbox will make the same mistake rebellion did and give you the ability to knock down an Alien by simply hitting it with your rifle. The melee system will probably be for use against human enemies.

chupacabras acheronsis

realism equals immersion.

you cannot have an aliens game without immersion. it's all about being on the spot, feeling the dread echoing through the corridors.

the minimalistic HUD reflects that it's what they want to do.

The Xenoborg

Or let's not have a melee combat system. If an Alien is near you, you need to run for your lives. Like in AvP2.

RagingDragon

Quote from: The Xenoborg on Dec 02, 2011, 07:29:45 AM
Or let's not have a melee combat system. If an Alien is near you, you need to run for your lives. Like in AvP2.

This is how I would vote.  Realism, or the commitment to making things as realistic as possible, has been a strong theme in the Alien movies.  The more realistic the game, for the Aliens universe, the better it's going to be!

Chris!(($$))!

There needs to be enough of a melee system so that you this scenario takes place.
Xenos Jumps rights in front of Player.
A) Run away (Let others deal with it, but you can't outrun a Xeno)
B) Shoot (And get Acid Shower)
C) Shove Xeno  (Basically pushing its head to the side, more of a distraction then actually shoving the Xeno)
   a) Run back enough to safely shoot.
   b) Run back so others have a clear shot.
   c) Shoot and either get an acid shower or just take some acid damage.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed