Prometheus Fan Reviews

Started by Darkness, May 30, 2012, 05:46:52 AM

In short, what did you think of the film?

Loved it! (5/5)
143 (32.4%)
Good, but not great (4/5)
148 (33.5%)
It was okay, nothing good (3/5)
68 (15.4%)
Didn't care for it (2/5)
30 (6.8%)
It sucked (1/5)
27 (6.1%)
Hated it! (0/5)
26 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 439

Author
Prometheus Fan Reviews (Read 321,179 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Haha, maybe a little. Pinhead's older, angrier cousin perhaps.

CC

CC

I went to the theater and saw this movie, I was expecting a prequel to Alien. I was disappointed. When I watched it a second time, I enjoyed it a lot better however i have heard of the original draft i think some of it would have been better suited to the movie's story arc. I am interested to see where Shaw will be going and if they will eventually circle back to the original Alien Movie. Has anyone noticed that the "Trilobyte" Looks like a really big face hugger at the end?

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: szkoki on Feb 25, 2013, 11:16:04 AM
;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BWnTW4rL0U

Prometheus may have it's flaws, yet somehow this guy manages to miss most of the ones that matter, identifying things that either didn't happen or he is just plain WRONG!!

Just to pull out a few....

0:41 "who the f**k is the violin girl?" 

I mean ...seriously!!

0:49 "Security guy Jackson never seen again in the movie" 

WRONG!!! He was killed by the Engineer Weyland went to see in the final scenes.

1:02 "I forgot androids can read alien languages at first glance"

So?  David had studied many languages during the voyage, that was part of his brief.

....I mean I don't like the movie either...but come on lol!!

SM

SM

QuoteHas anyone noticed that the "Trilobyte" Looks like a really big face hugger at the end?

I think that was the point.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

It also hugged a face - hard to miss the resemblence. :P

szkoki

szkoki

it just got me...we should have never seen what was under the SJ costume in Alien if it was a costume....Prometheus just ruined the secret, itself and Alien aswell...oh yeah the big bald guy should have been in Prometheus no doubt i love him but not as the SJ from Alien and it should have been told with a twist that only we who saw Alien would understand but not the crew of Prometheus so the question would still remain around that derelict and the big bald guy would have been just a "worker" but still a magestic being that would have been a great build up to Paradise where they could actualy reveal the identity of the SJ from Alien who is even greater than this one in Promi because let be honest Prometheus doesnt have great ideas so if i were the director and i couldnt come up with great ideas in time i would save it later

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: szkoki on May 02, 2013, 11:49:54 AM
it just got me...we should have never seen what was under the SJ costume in Alien if it was a costume....Prometheus just ruined the secret, itself and Alien aswell...oh yeah the big bald guy should have been in Prometheus no doubt i love him but not as the SJ from Alien and it should have been told with a twist that only we who saw Alien would understand but not the crew of Prometheus so the question would still remain around that derelict and the big bald guy would have been just a "worker" but still a magestic being that would have been a great build up to Paradise where they could actualy reveal the identity of the SJ from Alien who is even greater than this one in Promi because let be honest Prometheus doesnt have great ideas so if i were the director and i couldnt come up with great ideas in time i would save it later

That only just got you? Don't get me wrong, I actually quite like the damn thing, for all it's faults, but WHAT? I though it was pretty obvious from the moment it was announced that the whole suit thing was a misstep.
To be fair though, Spaights' original script and Huante's earlier concepts showed much larger, more physically bizarre Engineers who would have been much more palatable as the creature inside that massive biomech construct in the original pilots chamber in Alien.

Morpheus

Morpheus

I'm sorry, i really dont want to read all this posts, but i just want to ask you guys something:  I am the only one who thinks that the idea of the Space Jockey be a giant dude with a elephant trunk on the face instead of a nose, just ridiculous?

Its not hard to notice that, most of the Aliens fans turned to be really anger with Ridley by revealing that the SP dont have a trunk, that its actually the suit...and that the Engineers on Prometheus are smaller than the one in Alien. And that i really cant tell, I do not see much difference in their size....for me they are all big though.

it could just be a diference like we all humans share. Some guys are bigger than others, some are smaller, and etc. Maybe the SP was like a big and strong guy like  :laugh:

But i really dont know much about it as most of you guys, i dont have the two movies to start to compare and to analyze though (lol)

But the thing is that i really dont care about their size, if the Engineers are smaller or not. They continue to be big, and that is what its important to me. They are the Gods, our creators, most advanced, most evolved, bigger than us. Gods like creatures, are Gods. They must be bigger then us. Its just like a symbolic thing, know. And, the fact that they are big, and they really look like us (the face and all) is something even more symbolic, to represent the fact that they are our Gods, we came from them, superior beings (the "bigger" thing fits here).

And i really like that. I really would hate if they had some elephant trunk on the face, would destroy all this magic.

And i know, i know, they are not THAT big, it could be greater, but still, it was ok.

and sorry by my english, i really hope you guys understand my post, lol. This forum is really helping me to work it out, i still suck to write, google helped me on this hahahahaha

bye people.

SM

SM

Quoteit just got me...we should have never seen what was under the SJ costume in Alien if it was a costume....Prometheus just ruined the secret, itself and Alien aswell...

You missed it over a year ago in the trailers?

Of course many were disappointed that it wasn't an elephant thing but really there was no 'secret' to 'ruin' as such.  It was an alien lifeform.  Now it's a slightly more humanoid alien lifeform.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Morpheus on May 03, 2013, 11:35:42 PMI am the only one who thinks that the idea of the Space Jockey be a giant dude with a elephant trunk on the face instead of a nose, just ridiculous?
Not at all - a giant dude with an elephant trunk is ridiculous. Why it ever had to be that I don't quite understand.

Huante had it pegged IMO...

Part human, no elephant trunk, actually looks like a Space Jockey and cool as shit.

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

Quote from: ChrisPachi on May 04, 2013, 11:07:24 AM
Quote from: Morpheus on May 03, 2013, 11:35:42 PMI am the only one who thinks that the idea of the Space Jockey be a giant dude with a elephant trunk on the face instead of a nose, just ridiculous?
Not at all - a giant dude with an elephant trunk is ridiculous. Why it ever had to be that I don't quite understand.

Huante had it pegged IMO...

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee395/ChrisPachi/Jockey_zpsbb1c3a78.jpg

Part human, no elephant trunk, actually looks like a Space Jockey and cool as shit.
I think saying something is as "cool as shit" automatically discounts it from being "cool"...  ;)

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

What? Shit can't be cool?... OK, you got me. :P

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Morpheus on May 03, 2013, 11:35:42 PM
I'm sorry, i really dont want to read all this posts, but i just want to ask you guys something:  I am the only one who thinks that the idea of the Space Jockey be a giant dude with a elephant trunk on the face instead of a nose, just ridiculous?

I wouldn't. Looking back at the original Jockey seen in Alien would suggest it is an elephant-like trunk. I don't know, but something tells me a tube wouldn't fossilize like the rest of an organic body. The Jockey's chair looked untouched but the Jockey himself was a fossil, including the nose part.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

It doesn't even look like a trunk. Too proportionally thin (closest I could think of is a proboscis of a butterfly), and it's bone or possibly flexible cartilage -- trunks have muscle fascicles. No bones. That, and it fuses with the thing's sternum.

It's just some weird-ass anatomical part. Or rather, was.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Maybe it's a musical instrument and its beats play externally through its ribcage like speakers. And it can activates starmaps whilst laying down ill beats. I believe this is what Giger was going for.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed