Prometheus Fan Reviews

Started by Darkness, May 30, 2012, 05:46:52 AM

In short, what did you think of the film?

Loved it! (5/5)
143 (32.4%)
Good, but not great (4/5)
148 (33.5%)
It was okay, nothing good (3/5)
68 (15.4%)
Didn't care for it (2/5)
30 (6.8%)
It sucked (1/5)
27 (6.1%)
Hated it! (0/5)
26 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 439

Author
Prometheus Fan Reviews (Read 321,146 times)

Gazz

Gazz

We've really got to stop using AvP as a comparison as if it means something.

Most films are better than those films. :P

Cybercat

Cybercat

I thought the movie was fantastic.  I was blown away by the whole thing.  This is the kind of movie that will continue to be dissected FOR YEARS.  If anyone hated this film, i think they made the mistake of expecting a haunted house xeno movie, but personally I thought it even delivered on those elements for me, just in a different way from Alien.  This was like a huge scifi nerd dream come true to me.

The fact that there is going to be a longer cut of this movie coming out in the near future is mind blowing to me.  I wish I had it now!

mastermoon

mastermoon

Quote from: Gazz on Jun 08, 2012, 09:58:53 PM

Yes there are countless movies much better then AVP.

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: mastermoon on Jun 08, 2012, 10:05:01 PM
Quote from: Gazz on Jun 08, 2012, 09:58:53 PM

Yes there are countless movies much better then AVP.

Yeah.... i think that's the point.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

On a similar note, we have to stop comparing movies to Alien as if it means something. Most movies are not as good as Alien.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Point is I enjoyed the f**king movie.

-Rakai'Thwei

mastermoon

mastermoon

Quote from: Alienseseses on Jun 08, 2012, 10:07:38 PM
On a similar note, we have to stop comparing movies to Alien as if it means something. Most movies are not as good as Alien.

Thats a big problem, like why would people compare Star Wars with Alien then start a flame war?.

I'm gonna rewatch Prometheus for the third time.

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: Alienseseses on Jun 08, 2012, 10:07:38 PM

So some people dont want this movie to be compared to some bad to ok sci-horror flicks while other dont want this movie to be compared to great to masterpiece sci-horror films...

Im confused.

So we should compare it to only mediocre sci-horror films?

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

I'm saying it should be judged on its own merits, as opposed to in the shadow of something else.

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

7.5/10

Watching again tomorrow.
Spoiler

Loved Fassbot, everything that went on inside the Prometheus, and the cool starmap inside the Engineer's ship.  The Engineers looked WAY better than the murky screencap from a camrip.  Much more convincing.  I was somewhat irritated that we only really saw them at the end of the movie.

I just wish some of the crew didn't have to act so retarded, and the giant starfish was goofy.
[close]

Most of the supposed plot holes you guys seem so irritated about didn't bother me as I was watching the movie.  We'll see with another viewing..

Prime113

Prime113

Oh, yeah, another thing that you guys seemed to have a problem with, that I really didn't, was how "stupid" the people acted. Lets take
Spoiler
Milburn, for example. A lot of people thought it was retarded when he approached the snake. I really didn't. You have to remember, these guys are incredibly eccentric. And, with Milburn being a biologist, was overwhelmed at finding new life.
[close]

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: szkoki on Jun 08, 2012, 08:58:17 PM
just realized that so many stuff is missing from the movie that are in the trailers
Spoiler
Yeah, the line janek gives in one of the trailers, "why is that door open?" wasn't in it and that was kind of misleading. Made you think something nasty had broken through the door. In fact that would have been cooler. A variant of a xenomorph or a hammerpede or something could have attacked one of the two co-pilots as they and janek were about to crash the ship. Would have been much cooler than the "hands up!" sequence, which i didn't really much care for.
[close]
\

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

Some cringeworthy lines were also removed, and I'm happy for that.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: Ballzanya on Jun 08, 2012, 10:37:47 PM
just realized that so many stuff is missing from the movie that are in the trailers
Spoiler
Yeah, the line janek gives in one of the trailers, "why is that door open?" wasn't in it and that was kind of misleading. Made you think something nasty had broken through the door. In fact that would have been cooler. A variant of a xenomorph or a hammerpede or something could have attacked one of the two co-pilots as they and janek were about to crash the ship. Would have been much cooler than the "hands up!" sequence, which i didn't really much care for.
[close]
\
Spoiler
He says Why isn't that door open, at some point, doesn't he?
[close]

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: Alienseseses on Jun 08, 2012, 10:41:46 PM
Quote from: Ballzanya on Jun 08, 2012, 10:37:47 PM
Spoiler
[close]
\
Spoiler
He says Why isn't that door open, at some point, doesn't he?
[close]

Yeah, he says it when they are driving back to ship after
Spoiler
Halloway gets infected
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed