POLL: Should Blomkamp's ALIEN film retcon the series?

Started by MrSpaceJockey, Feb 19, 2015, 10:18:17 PM

Should Blomkamp's ALIEN film eliminate ALIEN 3 and ALIEN Resurrection from the canon?

Strong Yes
Indifferent, but inclined to say Yes
Indifferent, but inclined to say No
Strong No
Whatever happens happens.
Author
POLL: Should Blomkamp's ALIEN film retcon the series? (Read 20,623 times)

Xenomrph

Gonna vote with a hearty "hell no".

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Master on Feb 23, 2015, 07:06:51 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 23, 2015, 06:53:02 PM
Quote from: Master on Feb 23, 2015, 06:39:49 PMAnd where it is seen in the movie?

Well, for starters there's the fact Weyland Corp (which has a different name) is set up by a British guy called Peter Weyland, not an American called Charles Weyland.

I don`t remember it being stated in Prometheus. And if you want to use some website or ted talk as evidence, please don`t.
Wat

oduodu

oduodu

Quote from: Master on Feb 23, 2015, 04:38:36 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Feb 23, 2015, 04:34:08 PM
Quote from: Russ on Feb 23, 2015, 01:35:10 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 23, 2015, 01:08:45 PM

If they pretend the other films didn't happen then there's nothing to explain.

I think that would be confusing to non-fans/casual viewers with an interest in the films - "hang on a minute, I thought she was dead..."

I have friends and acquaintances who I've sat with, and who know the first two films fairly well, but don't give a care for whatever happened afterward. The great majority of folk in the street don't care about the continuity of later films. A great deal of them have only seen Alien 3 or Resurrection a couple of times since their release. Last week in fact I was in a taxi and the driver was taking the piss out of Prometheus and couldn't really recall 3 or 4, because they "were shite". The only people who care are fans like us, and we're a small number, really. I know some massive Alien fans who never come into forums to talk about it.

I have different experience. My parents knows what Alien and Predator are and while none of them are fan (very far from it), they`d probably have no problem to say how many parts there are. That fact many of you don`t like those films cause they are not Alien/Aliens, dosen`t make them any less popular or inferior.

Also, FOX will never, NEVER, N-E-V-E-R remove one of their films out of canon, because it`s unprofitable from marketing point of view. New one will be sold along other four and Promatheus in another anthology box. Mark my words.

prometheus was a way of getting you to buy everything in the series - agree on that.

Quote from: Valaquen on Feb 23, 2015, 04:34:08 PM
Quote from: Russ on Feb 23, 2015, 01:35:10 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 23, 2015, 01:08:45 PM

If they pretend the other films didn't happen then there's nothing to explain.

I think that would be confusing to non-fans/casual viewers with an interest in the films - "hang on a minute, I thought she was dead..."

I have friends and acquaintances who I've sat with, and who know the first two films fairly well, but don't give a care for whatever happened afterward. The great majority of folk in the street don't care about the continuity of later films. A great deal of them have only seen Alien 3 or Resurrection a couple of times since their release. Last week in fact I was in a taxi and the driver was taking the piss out of Prometheus and couldn't really recall 3 or 4, because they "were shite". The only people who care are fans like us, and we're a small number, really. I know some massive Alien fans who never come into forums to talk about it.

valaquen

do you have any idea of what percentages we are talking about ?? are the fans a very small part of the forums ??

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed