New Alien: Covenant Set Photos Reveal Extraterrestrial Massacre!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 20, 2016, 08:45:04 AM

Author
New Alien: Covenant Set Photos Reveal Extraterrestrial Massacre! (Read 54,115 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Stolen on Jul 10, 2016, 07:30:23 AM
Concept Art of Prometheus

Do you think perhaps the cause of the massacre in Covenant is going to be the same creation from Prometheus?

HuDaFuK

Would be neat if they created the Xenomorph to combat some greater threat to their civilisation.

Corporal Hicks

I mentioned it in another thread but I remember a fanfic that was posted on PlanetAvP a long ass time ago that had the Jockey's creating Aliens to fight the Predators. I always liked that. Of course, that wont be the case for Covenant but I never had a problem with the concept of the Jockey's creating Aliens to use as weapons against some other species.

Scorpio

Quote from: Infected on Jul 10, 2016, 09:47:39 AM

i know its still a year away, and Ridley is getting older, if there will be a next one could it be in five years or should he give the stick to someone else? this is and could possibly the last alien movie we will get from Ridley, anyone thought about that?

I honestly thought Ridley would never direct another Alien film, let alone two prequels.  I wouldn't be surprised now if he did make the next two (if they happen).

Gate

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 10, 2016, 10:03:33 AM
I mentioned it in another thread but I remember a fanfic that was posted on PlanetAvP a long ass time ago that had the Jockey's creating Aliens to fight the Predators. I always liked that. Of course, that wont be the case for Covenant but I never had a problem with the concept of the Jockey's creating Aliens to use as weapons against some other species.
The question then comes from the alien's complete existence being designed to combat a specific race. What the f*** was so bad they needed xenos?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Gate on Jul 10, 2016, 04:45:18 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 10, 2016, 10:03:33 AM
The question then comes from the alien's complete existence being designed to combat a specific race. What the f*** was so bad they needed xenos?

And that's the fun question! Where potential for other films lay.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 10, 2016, 09:57:24 AM
Would be neat if they created the Xenomorph to combat some greater threat to their civilisation.

Yes, Predators.  :P

Jokes aside, I love this idea though. Maybe Aliens were created to fight an even deadlier creation of theirs.

Perfect-Organism

I really hope it's not predators.  That's just lame.  If there's anything the predators lack, it's elegance.  I would imagine that whatever the engineers were facing was deadly but somehow elegant.  The predators are basically a bunch of rednecks and I cringe at the fact that the alien films are associated with predators.  Just not my thing.  I thought it was kind of cool circa 1992, but there wasn't a single creative team in film, book, or comic that managed that relationship at a satisfactory level.

Enoch

Are you all kidding?? This is Ridley Scott movie!
No Predators or simillar stuff :)

That being said, I have some info that there will be a new
superior and intelligent entity!

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 10, 2016, 05:50:14 PMThe predators are basically a bunch of rednecks and I cringe at the fact that the alien films are associated with predators.

Right there with you man. Predator is Alien for wrestling fans.  :D

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Enoch on Jul 10, 2016, 06:27:24 PM
Are you all kidding?? This is Ridley Scott movie!
No Predators or simillar stuff :)

That being said, I have some info that there will be a new
superior and intelligent entity!

The idea that there will be a superior entity makes sense.  After all.  Ridley himself said, "who created them?".

Enoch

I cant wait to see what kind of creature will be there.

Perfect-Organism

I suspect that it will be a case of a long chain of creators without ever finding out who actually created us.  So we created androids, the engineers created us, something created the engineers, and something created those guys, and so on, ad infinitum.  None of which is God actually (in the context of the film).  I'd be ok with that sort of a reveal in the films.  Nothing worse than solving an unsolvable mystery.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 10, 2016, 07:00:00 PM
I suspect that it will be a case of a long chain of creators without ever finding out who actually created us.  So we created androids, the engineers created us, something created the engineers, and something created those guys, and so on, ad infinitum.  None of which is God actually (in the context of the film).  I'd be ok with that sort of a reveal in the films.  Nothing worse than solving an unsolvable mystery.

Predator: Incursion had a part in it where the Marines mentioned scientists studying something in the hopes for "finding the origins of life" or something along those lines.

Perhaps this is a nod to the whole new theme of creating life and the overall origins of most (if not all) life in the Alien-Predator universe.

Stolen

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 10, 2016, 09:55:44 AM
Quote from: Stolen on Jul 10, 2016, 07:30:23 AM
Concept Art of Prometheus

Do you think perhaps the cause of the massacre in Covenant is going to be the same creation from Prometheus?

Maybe not, but seeing this artwork. I thought that maybe, they will come back to an idea not used in Prometheus.

The bodies are petrified, like the pictures of Covenant set.

Pompei

Prometheus Artwork

Covenant

This is a very strong image, sad and equivocal. It's a scary and original idea of adapting it to the big screen.
I can't stand these movies without visual or artistic interests. This image buries most blockbusters.
This is talent and ingenuity.

ART :

Can't wait for the next.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed