Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 954,095 times)

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Holdfast: Nations at War

It's as goofy and meme filled as depicted on youtube for being a game about the Napoleonic Wars. I've actually been having a lot of fun though and I like how on the one map where it was just open fields we actually clued in a little more to follow officers and form lines/volley fire to make up for the lack of cover in order to win... though on other maps such coordination isn't nearly as common. Another favourite experience is just being in the presence of a officer who had an uncanny John F. Kennedy impersonation (whether it was real or soundboard... I don't care), and when that man up front and center said "Charge men! Nothing bad ever happened to a Kennedy!" you can bet your ass I followed that man to glory.

Stranded Deep

The water is scary af, like on the tiny islands there are enemies like big crabs that I can handle, but out in the water I always feel like I'm in constant danger because of Hammerhead and Tiger sharks who all got their notes from Jaws, and it's in the ship wreaks where all the good loot is. Also saw a Goblin shark once... and I don't want to meet the Great White. There was one ship wreak really close to shore and it was turning night but I decided to try and risk it only to just see how dark it was under water to the point I could barely see in front of me and I just said "NOPE".

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jan 03, 2021, 11:24:58 PM
Quote from: Phobos on Dec 20, 2020, 08:03:23 PM
Half Life

Dammit Kradan

I remember, [cancerblack] !  ;D But Isolation was first on my list

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jan 04, 2021, 02:03:46 AM
I'll be honest, I played the shit out of AT as a kid back when all I had was a Sega Saturn.   

The Playstation version actually has lighting changes that are different from the Sega version.  Like you had to turn on lights to see and shit.

Yeah, quite a few bits in that version where you have to trigger lights or find goggles/lamps or you can't see shit.

Kradan

Kradan

I've played Trilogy on my PSP several years ago. It didn't have any music for some reason which made it much scarier

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I actually kind of dug AT's ost.  It was funky. 

Kradan

Kradan

Alien Isolation

So I survived The Hive and was deailing with reactor core and raincoat Joes. I was very low on ammo and there were still 3 Joes left. But then something completely unexpected happened - game once again had mercy on my soul and set all of the Joes on fire. Not that I'm complaining, but WTF was that ? Is it a glitch ? Or is there some other explanation for it ? Have someone else here had the same situation ? I'm very curious to know

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Kradan on Jan 05, 2021, 09:02:20 PM
Alien Isolation

So I survived The Hive and was deailing with reactor core and raincoat Joes. I was very low on ammo and there were still 3 Joes left. But then something completely unexpected happened - game once again had mercy on my soul and set all of the Joes on fire. Not that I'm complaining, but WTF was that ? Is it a glitch ? Or is there some other explanation for it ? Have someone else here had the same situation ? I'm very curious to know

Right after you pull the switch to overload both cores and before you purge the nest, they catch on fire from the impending overload. No glitch. I actually wouldn't have noticed it if it wasn't pointed out to me in my first playthrough.

Kradan

Kradan

Huh, never saw or heard of it before. Anyway, it was still very nice of game to do that  :D

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Wysps on Jan 02, 2021, 02:41:12 PM
Are they entertaining glitches at least?
Some entertaining, some infuriating, some game breaking which required reloading saves. Game has also crashed to desktop multiple times, and almost killed my PC once.

Well, it could have been faulty ram, but I think it was exacerbated by the game because it was fine before I tried cyberpunk, and it Blue Screened as I was playing, then wouldn't restart. That was a fun hour of trying to work out why I couldn't turn on my machine.

In any case. I'm now 80 hours in, have finished all side quests but one, and done all endings except the secret one. It's fun, but should never have been released in this state.

Gonna finish up the last bit and then move on.to Death Stranding.

Kradan

Kradan

Alien Isolation

Just finished it on Nightmare. As with Hard despite its somewhat frightening name I didn't find Nightmare to be that much ... hard. I mean, yeah, it's tough but not frustratingly so. Especially when you're familiar with the game - I wouldn't recommend anyone to play Isolation for the first time on Nightmare. It's good challenge of your skills and your knowledge of the game

Anyway, here are some things I've noticed:

1. Not being able to see your health bar turned out to be not that much of a problem
2. Resources are low. And when I say low. I f**king mean it. You won't  be able to craft enough of every item - so you're better choose your priorities early in the game. For example,  mine were medkits,  EMP mines and Molotovs, all other priorities were secondary. And use your tools only when it's absolutely necessary - only when you can't achieve your objective by stealth. The same goes for ammo. You better save it for the latter parts of the game when Stompy gets ejected and game starts to throw Joes in your way.

3. Dealing with humans and Joes significantly harder on Nightmare than with Stompy. Even though Stompy can insta-kill you, he has pretty narrow vision and it's always possible to hide from him without direct confrontation . But there are moments in the game when there is no choice but to fight humans or Joes. While hostile survivors are quite vulnerable themselves they come in groups. have long range weapons and damn good aim.  While Joes are slow, they come in groups too,  very tough sonovabitches, will follow you for a long distance and it's difficult to outrun them in narrow corridor without getting damage. Thankfully, the humans and Joes have same weakness - vents

4. As long as there something in between you and Alien and you  don't make eye contact with it - it won't see you. And try to not stay in front of it - move with it

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Quote from: Kradan on Jan 07, 2021, 09:36:13 PM
Alien Isolation

Just finished it on Nightmare. As with Hard despite its somewhat frightening name I didn't find Nightmare to be that much ... hard. I mean, yeah, it's tough but not frustratingly so. Especially when you're familiar with the game - I wouldn't recommend anyone to play Isolation for the first time on Nightmare. It's good challenge of your skills and your knowledge of the game

Anyway, here are some things I've noticed:

1. Not being able to see your health bar turned out to be not that much of a problem
2. Resources are low. And when I say low. I f**king mean it. You won't  be able to craft enough of every item - so you're better choose your priorities early in the game. For example,  mine were medkits,  EMP mines and Molotovs, all other priorities were secondary. And use your tools only when it's absolutely necessary - only when you can't achieve your objective by stealth. The same goes for ammo. You better save it for the latter parts of the game when Stompy gets ejected and game starts to throw Joes in your way.

3. Dealijg with humans and Joes significantly harder on Nightmare than with Stompy. Even though Stompy can insta-kill you, he has pretty it's always possible to hide from him without direct confrontation . But there are moments in the game when there is no choice but to fight humans or Joes. While hostile survivors are quite vulnerable themselves they come in groups. have long range weapons and damn good aim.  While Joes are slow, they come in groups too,  very tough sonovabitches, will follow you for a long distance and it's difficult to outrun them in narrow corridor without getting damage. Thankfully, the humans and Joes have same weakness - vents

4. As long as there something in between you and Alien and you  don't make eye contact with it - it won't see you. And try to not stay in front of it - move with it

Nice! I beat it on hard and figured i was very satisfied with that and not wanting to do nightmare! Ha

I missed one damn achievement on that game which was to not die once. I thought I had loaded up previous saves but once the game ended, it didn't pop. I'm not about to go through all that again anytime soon.

Kradan

Kradan

My first run was on Easy, couple next ones - on Medium, the one before - on Hard and this time I've finally dared to do Nightmare. Again, if you're familiar with the game, can plan ahead and manage your resources Nightmare mode won't be that much of a problem

I still don't see any satisfaction in trying No Death run though. Maybe one day ...

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Stranded Deep

Wow that ending was cringe.

Not to mention that it seems the longer you play the more the game starts having a stroke. My raft became stuck on nothing out in the ocean than vanished, 2 of the 3 bosses didn't even fight back at all and in the last hours of this game the render distance started to die.

It's a shame too because I thought the idea had potential in the beginning but then it just trips and falls the longer you play.

Moving on.

Kradan

Kradan

Alien Isolation

Tried Safe Haven. It was really enjoyable experience - I think being able to choose between two missions with different prise resources is interesting mechanic that encourages different playstyles. But Dear God,  these last two missions were stressful

Btw, I've wanted to  play HL today but as soon as I open the game it sends me to pitch black screen and that's it. I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to computers so: any advices ?

windebieste

windebieste

Did you get it free on EPIC?

-Windebieste.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed