Aliens Expanded - A New Aliens Documentary Announced

Started by Darkness, Apr 26, 2022, 08:03:14 PM

Author
Aliens Expanded - A New Aliens Documentary Announced (Read 33,402 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

TheBATMAN

Good news. This doc wouldnt have felt fully comprehensive without his input.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Wweyland

Glad to see this shaping up nicely, the only things missing seem to be Jim and Sig, but these were always a tall order.

xShadowFoxX

Been a good while since I heard from this project. Looking forward to watching it.

Cosmic Incubation

KiramidHead

This still isn't out?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Got in an argument with the CreatorVC CEO on their discord about the novelty (or lack thereof) of making the minimum price for the Blu-ray release be $100 and justifying it by throwing in a bunch of extra bullshit like posters and patches to jack up the price.

I argued for a less expensive version that didn't come with a bunch of extra nonsense. Here's some choice quotes I got as a reply:

QuoteThen your going to miss out unfortunately. Our work is for superfans who recognise the value of what we're creating with them and for them. Our physical media is personalised, highly collectable and a limited run. Backers get to have their names in the credits alongside the cast of Aliens and James Cameron. The value is immeasurable

QuoteThey way I look at it, is you either see the value in what we're offering or you don't. Our target audience shows up because they understand and appreciate what we deliver.

QuoteFor you, I'd recommend thinking of the posters etc as extras. The price we put on our limited edition, personalised Blu-Rays won't change. It'll be a timeless connection to the Aliens universe that you can always point to and know you will have been part of.  The way I look at it is that it's a manifestation of your fandom - and a little bit special because of it 💫

Worth pointing out that a "connection to the Alien universe" might have more weight if the project wasn't a fan project.
Like, my name is in the Alien RPG. That's a connection to the Alien universe.

SiL

Would it kill them to pull their heads out their arses.

Xenomrph

Like, I want to support the documentary, but I don't know if I want to $100 support it, especially not if the CEO is going to have that kind of attitude.
I wasn't even the only person balking at the $100 price tag. I backed their "trilogy" set for 'In Search of Darkness' and I think I paid less than $100 for all 3 and it didn't come with a bunch of extraneous bullshit merchandise.

I'm tempted to call him out on that (among other things) but I don't know if I want to get banned from their discord for criticizing the project or something.

SiL

"I appreciate you want to give me money, but you don't want to give me enough money, so clearly you're not the level of fan we're aiming at" is certainly a bold f**king sales pitch.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed