Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 492,155 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Fresh off the Boat Season 2 Episode 1
Great to have this back

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Babylon 5 is something I've wanted to see ever since I was a child (I remember the trailer being on some VHS I had, and it's must've been something I watched a lot because I remember seeing the advert loads). Well, Pick have been screening it in the UK lately. I missed the first five or so episodes but I've been watching it since and I've quite enjoyed the first season. I like that it has more of a military feel to it than Deep Space Nine (a show I never got into) and I especially enjoy how it has more of an over-reaching story than most other shows from the period, with even little things from episodes being referenced later on.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Red Dwarf Season 11 - Love a bit of Red Dwarf.

farsightblogger

farsightblogger

Watching and enjoying The Orville - wasn't a fan of Discovery so this is filling my Trek hole.

Just finished watching The Expanse Season 2 again. I love this show, and Chrisjen Avasarala is the bomb.

Careful - proper spoilers in this clip
, but it's everything I love about her.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Jan 11, 2018, 03:35:13 PM Red Dwarf Season 11 - Love a bit of Red Dwarf.

Is that the one before last? I really enjoyed that series. Didn't find the one since to be anything like as good, sadly.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 11, 2018, 04:44:22 PM
Is that the one before last? I really enjoyed that series. Didn't find the one since to be anything like as good, sadly.

Yes, it is.  Just watching series 12 now I see what you mean.  Seems to be full of nods to the classic episodes.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Pacific E1-2

Good stuff so far. And hey, there's The Punisher.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Jan 11, 2018, 07:11:24 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 11, 2018, 04:44:22 PM

Yes, it is.  Just watching series 12 now I see what you mean.  Seems to be full of nods the classic episodes.

What did you think of the first episode? ;)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Pacific E3-4
Oh hey, that was the nun from Constantine. So far Leckie is two for two in associating with women from cancelled shows that I watched. :laugh:

Deep Space Nine S1 E5 "Captive Pursuit"
Interesting setup overall, but the last third could have been a better story all by itself. And O'Brien gets to be a badass, hell yeah.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Lethal Weapon Season 2 Episode 1
Shame that the ending of Season 1 was wrapped up so quickly. They could have got a couple of episodes out of it

Witless Season 3 Episode 1
Lol its all change, I didn't expect that

Lol such a random animated series. featuring Tom Hardy hahahaha

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Pacific E5-7

Poor Tim. He survived all those dino attacks just to get stuck in the middle of this shit.

Deep Space Nine S1 E6-8

They did some interesting stuff in these episodes, like exploring the ramifications of the Trills. Too bad the Q episode was almost a total loss.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Pacific E8-10

Not as good as Band of Brothers, but still pretty great in its own right. I do think it suffers a bit from a broader focus, but it mostly still works.

DS9 E9-10

One episode with a bunch of annoying gamers as aliens, and a Quark story that should have been better considering how cool Quark normally is.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 15, 2018, 05:46:31 AMNot as good as Band of Brothers, but still pretty great in its own right. I do think it suffers a bit from a broader focus, but it mostly still works.

There are two main problems with The Pacific:

Firstly, unlike Band of Brothers, it's based on a couple of individual guys' memoirs instead of a third-party book about the unit as a whole, so it boils down to these disparate individuals with no real connection rather than a cohesive group, which both makes it harder to follow who's doing what and less engaging as a whole.

Secondly, Band of Brothers came first.

It's still a great show, but it's not in the same league as BoB. Also it didn't help that out of the three main characters,
Spoiler
the one I really liked gets knocked out halfway through (Leckie) and the other one I liked is hardly in it (Basilone). That leaves Sledge as the focus of most of the episodes, especially in the second half, and I just didn't like him.
[close]

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 14, 2018, 05:19:11 AM
The Pacific E5-7

Poor Tim. He survived all those dino attacks just to get stuck in the middle of this shit.

Deep Space Nine S1 E6-8

They did some interesting stuff in these episodes, like exploring the ramifications of the Trills. Too bad the Q episode was almost a total loss.

"You Hit Me. Picard never hit me"

"I'm Not Picard"

I agree the Q episode while not the greatest (Season 1 was finding its feet) had some great moments between Q and Sisko, especially the one above

Russ

Russ

I binged "Hard Sun" on Saturday. It was great - ludicrous, but great.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed