Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 492,154 times)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Right on the money in regards to that first spoiler tag.

Eva

Eva

The Blacklist

Just can't get into the characters of this show. Spader's character is just waaay to cartoonish and 1-dimensional to me and rest are essentially window dressing and people for Spader to react with or against. It's a bit like that Jennifer Garner secret agent series some years ago, just more... silly.

Homeland

I'm liking it more now that some story twists have been fully revealed and the overall plot gains momentum. after a couple of episodes, I started getting nervous where all these different side stories were headed and why I should care as a viewer, but then a certain episode beautifully connected the threads into a single main narrative. One side story doesn't interest me however - the Brody family shenanigans. They could cut that entirely for all I care.

Somehow I hope that Nicholas Brody won't play a vital part in this season and what we saw of him on the episode dedicated to his current whereabouts, is pretty much all we the in season 3. This show doesn't need to revolve around him and Carrie.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Arrow S01 E15 "Dodger"

Much better than I expected from the episode description. The Dodger, lazy Dickens reference aside, wasn't too bad. he was actually pretty fun and kind of cool in places, but the character development for Ollie definitely overshadowed him. It was cool seeing Ollie pull off some more detective work, and Moira's plot is getting pretty interesting. The island flashbacks were good, but could have been darker.

Arrow S01 E16 "Dead to Rights"

Another outstanding episode. It was great seeing Deadshot again, and it was cool seeing Kelly Hu actually get something to do for once. Also, I'm really impressed with how they've handled Tommy. At first, I wrote him off as "that Entourage-y douche," but now I genuinely like the guy.

Spoiler
I'm not sure how I feel about Tommy learning about Ollie's secret, but I'll wait to see how it plays out.
[close]

Arrow S01 E17 "The Huntress Returns"

This one wasn't bad, but I felt it could have been better. The setup with Huntress felt a little forced, but I liked what they ultimately did with the character. Besides, that outfit she had on at the beginning was hawt. Oh, and Manu Bennett was awesome in the flashback scenes, but that's just to be expected. Also, the club is finally open... and it looks kind of lame, to be honest.

First Blood

First Blood

I haven't seen James Callis since BSG came to an end. So when he showed up in the Dodger episode and played a suave ass jewel thief, I was more than happy.

And I also agree about Tommy. Didn't really like him at the start of the season, but the character grew as it progressed. Just wait until the end man...

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: First Blood on Nov 09, 2013, 09:01:23 PM
I haven't seen James Callis since BSG came to an end. So when he showed up in the Dodger episode and played a suave ass jewel thief, I was more than happy.

Spoiler
I haven't seen BSG.  :-X
[close]

QuoteAnd I also agree about Tommy. Didn't really like him at the start of the season, but the character grew as it progressed. Just wait until the end man...

Spoiler
I can see how that's going to be rough, with his father being the big bad and all. He really should have seen it coming, though. With a name like Malcolm Merlyn, you're either a super villain or a fashion designer. :laugh:
[close]

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Doctor Who S01E09-10 "The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances"

Goddamn, this was good to see again. One of the best Who stories ever. Chilling, touching, funny, and occasionally downright frightening. Also the introduction of Captain Jack, one of the greatest characters the grace the show.

f**k, they really gotta bring back Jack.

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Nov 10, 2013, 10:36:43 AM
Doctor Who S01E09-10 "The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances"

Goddamn, this was good to see again. One of the best Who stories ever. Chilling, touching, funny, and occasionally downright frightening. Also the introduction of Captain Jack, one of the greatest characters the grace the show.

f**k, they really gotta bring back Jack.

I don't like Dr Who that much and I borderline despise the Matt Smith era, but dayum that was a good two-parter and still one of the best stories by far.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

My personal favourite is "The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit".

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Nov 10, 2013, 06:11:14 PM
My personal favourite is "The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit".

That's another top one. Second best of Tennant's 2 parters I'd say. (Human Nature / Family of Blood being the best for me.)

First Blood

First Blood

Been watching episodes of Band of Brothers on HBO the last day or so, didn't realize that both Tom Hardy and Michael Fassbender were in it. Crazy how their careers have skyrocketed since then.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: First Blood on Nov 11, 2013, 06:26:54 PM
Been watching episodes of Band of Brothers on HBO the last day or so, didn't realize that both Tom Hardy and Michael Fassbender were in it. Crazy how their careers have skyrocketed since then.

The good old Trickster is in there as well. ;)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Arrow S01 E18 "Salvation"

ANother very good episode. The villain of the week was pretty strong, and the reveal at the end was a good one. Also, Lau from TDK needs to get better at calculation.

Nightmare Asylum

Supernatural S6E01-03 'Exile On Main St.', 'Two And A Half Men', and 'The Third Man'

Feels good jumping back into this show, but I also think I really needed that break after the epic fifth season. So far I'm finding this season to be quite interesting. I already know what's up with Sam, but it is cool seeing those pieces move into place. I also really like the hints we got in the third episode about Castiel's situation.

First Blood

First Blood

Season Six is okay after the epic fifth season. Balthazar is pretty cool.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Arrow S01 E19 "Unfinished Business"

Another good episode, with solid character development and action.

Arrow S01 E20 "Home Invasion"

Eh, this one was kind of a mixed. There were too many plot threads going on at once to really work as a whole.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed