Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 492,249 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 03, 2013, 09:24:09 PM
Supernatural S5E19-22 'Hammer Of The Gods', 'The Devil You Know', 'Two Minutes To Midnight', and 'Swan Song'

Spoiler
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXpnI52cLEc#ws

A fantastic intended ending to a fantastic series. Beautifully dark, hauntingly inspirational, and downright perfect in its portrayal of the emotional bond shared between Sam and Dean Winchester.

"Endings are hard. But then again... nothing ever really ends, does it?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X_2IdybTV0#ws
[close]
Yup, yup and yup. 8)

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 03, 2013, 09:24:09 PMhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXpnI52cLEc#ws
My favorite of the Horsemen, along with Famine.

So...

Spoiler
Do you think Chuck is God? That's the last we ever see of him in the series.

What did you think of Gabriel's death?

Spoiler

And how awesome was that? ;D :laugh:
[close]
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Spoiler
Gabriel's death scene was sad. Looking back at his first appearance, I never could have imagined that I would have really felt for him in his final moments like that. His, erm, media appearance at the end was great, though :D

As for Chuck being God, I honestly have no clue. I'm leaning towards it being true, though. Either way, it definitely opens up a lot of great stuff to think about. The ambiguity of his last appearance was one of the coolest parts in the entire show.

Funny enough, Gabriel and Chuck have definitely shot up the list to become two of my favorite recurring characters (that aren't Bobby and Castiel), alongside Ellen, Jo, and Ash.
[close]

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Justice League Season One: "Fury," "Legends," and "A Knight of Shadows"

Fury was a nice little Wonder Woman centered story, and it was cool how it examined Amazon culture and it's possible drawbacks. BTW, am I the only one who doesn't like seeing WW fly? It just looks weird to me.

Legends was a cool tribute to Silver Age comics and a genuinely interesting and ultimately heartbreaking story when you find out what was going on. Green Lantern's emotional moments were quite good.

A Knight of Shadows... Etrigan is awesome, and the Hugh Hefner expy was an epic example of getting crap past the radar. Also, Flash is awesome, too. I really should have mentioned that by now, lol.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Maison Ikkoku - I'm So Sorry Kyoko! I don't deserve to eat your lunch! : Kyoko believes Godai is not eating during his "job search". Instead, Godai is hard at work at a cabaret but the Ikkoku tenants keep him from making money by partying there at his expense. Godai feels guilty when Kyoko gives him a very fancy bento lunch everyday (thinking he is still on the job hunt and working at the preschool, which he just got fired from). Fantastic episode, only about amazing 16 episodes overall remain, now the best are yet to come!

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Justice League "Metamorphosis" and "The Savage Time"

Metamorphosis: A neat episode with an interesting dilemma and good character moments for Green Lantern.

The Savage Time: A very cool time travel/alternate history story. Vandal Savage is awesome, and it makes for a good finale to the first season.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Through the Wormhole
Interesting theories about the Universe. Good stuff.

Nightmare Asylum

First nine episodes of the fourth season of Lost... :o

This show is insane in all the right ways.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 07, 2013, 12:12:37 AM

Would you say that you're now...  8) ... lost?

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 07, 2013, 12:12:37 AM

What did you think of The Constant? One of television's finest hours, in my opinion.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Sep 07, 2013, 12:42:59 AM
What did you think of The Constant? One of television's finest hours, in my opinion.

'The Constant' was amazing. Definitely one of the best episodes, if not the best episode, so far. From his first appearance Desmond has been one of the show's standout characters, and when he taps into the weirder parts of Lost's mythology it always yields fantastic results. This was definitely no exception.
Spoiler
Desomond on the phone with Penny was one of the show's best moments yet, and everything that built up to it felt perfect in its execution. There are so many terrible ways that time-travel could have been handled, and Lost managed to successfully avoid all of them.
[close]

This season I'm really loving the use of
Spoiler
flash-forwards
[close]
, especially in 'Ji Yeon' where
Spoiler
Sun's flash-forward was played off of Jin's flash-back.
[close]

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 07, 2013, 12:51:57 AM
This season I'm really loving the use of
Spoiler
flash-forwards
[close]
, especially in 'Ji Yeon' where
Spoiler
Sun's flash-forward was played off of Jin's flash-back.
[close]
The end of that episode...  :'(

I always thought Yunjin Kim and Daniel Dae Kim gave such under-appreciated performances on the show, going tragically unrecognized in the sea of positive critical reception for the cast's work.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Sep 07, 2013, 12:57:32 AM
I always thought Yunjin Kim and Daniel Dae Kim gave such under-appreciated performances on the show, going tragically unrecognized in the sea of positive critical reception for the cast's work.

I completely agree. I admit I'm guilty of the fact that, when I think of Lost's fantastic cast, they are not usually names that immediately come to mind. But whenever they are given focus in an episode they always absolutely nail the roles. They have some of my favorite flashbacks as well.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Lonesome Dove

I finally finished this miniseries, and damn, it was good. That ending was just about perfect.  :'(

Nightmare Asylum

Breaking Bad season one. The whole season.

Yup, I definitely get the hype. Consider me hooked.

First Blood

First Blood

Banshee Season One

Episodes 1-5

Well shit, they certainly didn't waste time establishing that the main character is a major badass. After a mysterious inmate is released from prison he travels to rural Pennsylvania to collect the rest of his score from a heist gone bad 15 years ago. When he gets there, the soon to be new sheriff, Lucas Hood is killed and the inmate assumes his identity and becomes Banshee's town sheriff. I am having a lot of fun with this one. The story isn't anything new; a Western of sorts. A mysterious drifter comes to a small town and peaks everyone's interest. There's the local thugs, and the big bad who controls the town. Also Ben Cross plays a creepy ass Russian gangster. Look forward to knocking off the last five eps.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed