Sound Design: AFTE is it that bad?

Started by acrediblesource, Aug 09, 2021, 07:12:45 PM

Author
Sound Design: AFTE is it that bad? (Read 3,401 times)

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Quote from: SiL on Aug 12, 2021, 09:28:28 PM
You might want to rewatch it yourself, because it's barely making a sound. It makes a low scuttling noise that's barely even audible when it's about to ram the door. No heavy footsteps, nothing you'd hear over any decent ambient noise at any real distance.

It made a sound when it rammed the door? By all measure of physics it should not have even made a thud, but i guess when the deranged ideals of movie monsters are in placed it could just about sound like an elephant slamming into a door while pitter pattering away like frightened kitty cat! Well f**k science! But i guess thats not the point beucase everyone is expecting it to be a re-skin of Left for Dead (as the media moguls have put it)....when describing this game you MUST refer to Left for Dead  all the time every time.

SiL

SiL

It makes sounds when it rams the door, but we're not talking about them ramming things, we're talking them moving around.

What's science got to do with anything about the Alien? If you want to get worked up by what is or isn't scientifically accurate we have to throw the whole thing out ::)

This is a really weird hill to die on. They don't make much noise when getting around. This has been established since 1979. You're 42 years too late to the party on this one.

Corporal Hicks

Right, just snipped a bunch of nonsense from this thread and acrediblesource can take a little break without the ability to post. I've low tolerance for trolling here.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed