Sound Design: AFTE is it that bad?

Started by acrediblesource, Aug 09, 2021, 07:12:45 PM

Author
Sound Design: AFTE is it that bad? (Read 3,402 times)

SiL

SiL

Aliens don't really make sounds when they're running around in the movies. It's more accurate for them to be quiet than to stomp around like Isolation.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, I remember a lot of complaints about the sound cues of Stompy because they'd never been portrayed as being particularly noisy (outside of the hissing) in the movies. 

Kradan

Kradan

But you liked it, didn't you ?

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 10, 2021, 07:55:04 AM
Yeah, I remember a lot of complaints about the sound queues of Stompy because they'd never been portrayed as being particularly noisy (outside of the hissing) in the movies.
I liked how AvP gold and 2 did have footsteps audio, but it's so quiet you can almost never hear it in-game. It is there, though.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 10, 2021, 08:00:21 AM
But you liked it, didn't you ?

I personally didn't have a problem with it. It just added to that quickening heartbeat when you heard those footsteps.

acrediblesource

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 10, 2021, 02:57:21 AM
Yeah I'm just goofing for the moment, but I do think it's not that big of a deal, but if you want, I can notify the devs in their feedback section on their discord, they take alot of the things said there to heart

I'm on there. So if you do, you'll be actually doing everyone a favour if they read it.

Drukathi

kuk, I doubt.

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 10, 2021, 04:37:46 AM
OMG,  is it gonna be another "Aliens are HUGE" argument.?  ::)
Why would it be?

Kradan

Kradan

A feeling

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: acrediblesource on Aug 10, 2021, 02:52:09 AM
Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 10, 2021, 02:44:06 AM
Dragon's POV meant from the Aliens view :laugh:
iknow, Nobody replying except you.....and its 2 weeks to release.

Im just waiting for Lt. I Know or Lt. I don't Want to know, or Lt. I know but i dont want to reply....to reply.

I think no one's been replying because you have an obvious problem regarding nearly every aspect of this game and this thread is just more of the same whinge-fest.

Personally this game doesn't look AAA nor has it been sold as such. It probably won't be great and may not even be good. But in the grand scheme of things who gives a f*ck? It's just a video game and hardly something to obsess and expend so much energy worrying about.

At least that's why I haven't been responding anyway.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

You tell it as it is...its true.....i obsess. But is it not fruitful to point towards an obvious fault? Like one does when making a review? Is that not the point of a review? The public has the right to point things out. is it wrong? Fistidious? Or were we always the fanbase to be allowed to do so?

After much review now, i understand maybe that the lack of sound of the smaller Aliens are intentional and was done purposefully toy to draw attention to the Queen (which we haven't seen). But thats just assumed. In retrospect I feel that this should not be a valid reason NOT to get the game. So i just want to be clear, i will buy the game. Im still on the fence about the Deluxe though. 40 bucks for a deluxe without information on it is a very expensive hunch.  I need more information on the titles on of the DLCs. Im hoping we get that before release.

SiL

SiL

It's not a fault. It's something you don't like. There is a big difference.

reecebomb

Quote from: Drukathi on Aug 10, 2021, 05:48:48 AM
tbh, I never much liked these aspects of Alien: Isolation's xenomorph. He stomps like an elephant (this is why he called Stompy?!) and he screams like a hysterical pig.

AI is a masterpiece and Stompy is a deathmachine how any alien must be. But sounds execution was a way off from ideal. In this regard, Stomy is more like AR alienosaur, no the classic one.

Alien should be quiet and inconspicuous. You should not know about his presence until he attacks.

Yep.

The Necronoir

Quote from: Drukathi on Aug 10, 2021, 05:48:48 AM
tbh, I never much liked these aspects of Alien: Isolation's xenomorph. He stomps like an elephant (this is why he called Stompy?!) and he screams like a hysterical pig.

AI is a masterpiece and Stompy is a deathmachine how any alien must be. But sounds execution was a way off from ideal. In this regard, Stomy is more like AR alienosaur, no the classic one.

Alien should be quiet and inconspicuous. You should not know about his presence until he attacks.

I'm sure I read or heard an interview with Creative Assembly where they said that they tried scaling back the sounds made by the alien, but it simply became too hard to play without being able to passively track its movements. I guess they could have made an ultra-hard "sim" mode where it was almost silent, for the masochists out there.

Drukathi

Quote from: The Necronoir on Aug 11, 2021, 01:14:56 PM
I'm sure I read or heard an interview with Creative Assembly where they said that they tried scaling back the sounds made by the alien, but it simply became too hard to play without being able to passively track its movements. I guess they could have made an ultra-hard "sim" mode where it was almost silent, for the masochists out there.

This isn't the point. The point - AFTE devs did the right things with sounds. Here is no mistake or something bad. And no need to write to developers to fix a healthy game.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed