Aliens: Fireteam Elite Gets New Title, Box Art and Release Date!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 23, 2021, 06:01:40 AM

Author
Aliens: Fireteam Elite Gets New Title, Box Art and Release Date! (Read 19,865 times)

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Kailem on Aug 11, 2021, 03:09:53 PM
That seems not to be the case here.

Quote from: GAME"Pre-order Aliens: Fireteam Elite on PS4, PS5 or Xbox and get a code for the Game Exclusive Hardened Marine Pack DLC when you receive your copy of the game.

GAME Exclusive – "Hardened Marine Pack DLC" This item is only available in the UK from GAME Stores & Game.co.uk. Available to any customer purchasing the Aliens: Fireteam Elite. Strictly 1 per customer. While stocks last."

I citied info from GAME store when I asked him. Then he asked Cold Iron people about it and they answered that every pre-order version comes with the DLC.

Ask PhoenixKai on the game's discord server about it.

Kailem

I'm not on their discord. But either way I wouldn't be surprised if they're just parroting the standard PR response that only applies to the US market.

Places like Amazon and Shopto don't have any mention of the pre-order bonus on their sites, whereas they do for other games that have them, and GAME is literally saying it's exclusive to them in the UK. So either way I'll be getting it from them, even if I annoyingly have to pay more for it.

It's the only way to be sure.

molasar

Quote from: Kailem on Aug 11, 2021, 04:49:38 PM
I'm not on their discord. But either way I wouldn't be surprised if they're just parroting the standard PR response that only applies to the US market.

Places like Amazon and Shopto don't have any mention of the pre-order bonus on their sites, whereas they do for other games that have them, and GAME is literally saying it's exclusive to them in the UK. So either way I'll be getting it from them, even if I annoyingly have to pay more for it.

It's the only way to be sure.

I know and this is what I told them on the discord. Also Shopto told me that there is no DLC in a form of separate code provided to them. Thus it must be included in the box or activated automatically.

BTW the last Focus' (UK publisher) trailer also says that it comes with the DLC. It would be a wrong advertising if it did not.

acrediblesource

This type of ambiguity and lack of detail is cause for them NOT to get business. I know ppl like to get hard copies insteaad (because of their resale value) but this type of negligence to not inform people of the DLC with pe-order is a bunch of horseshit.

molasar

molasar

I just found Focus' article and it states that it is available at participating retailers only.

https://www.focus-home.com/en-us/news/aliens-fireteam-elite-releases-august-24-check-out-the-deluxe-edition-pre-order-for-even-more-content-and-prepare-for-the-xenomorph-threat

I am just checking with Cold Iron people again and I will try to get some info from Focus.

judge death

Can only hope you can buy the preorder bonuses, after/with standard issue and not being locked.

Kailem

Yeah most of the time you can, but it's never a guarantee (you still can't get the playable Jungle Hunter in Predator Hunting Grounds if you didn't pre-order when it came out).

Quote from: molasar on Aug 11, 2021, 06:14:29 PM
I just found Focus' article and it states that it is available at participating retailers only.

https://www.focus-home.com/en-us/news/aliens-fireteam-elite-releases-august-24-check-out-the-deluxe-edition-pre-order-for-even-more-content-and-prepare-for-the-xenomorph-threat

I am just checking with Cold Iron people again and I will try to get some info from Focus.

Yeah that sounds about right.

Stitch

From my experience in the UK, if it's not explicitly stated that you'll get the pre-order dlc, then there's a good chance you'll miss it. I pre-ordered RE3 from ShopTo, expecting that I'd get the dlc because it was stated by Capcom that all pre-orders would get it. ShopTo didn't send me the dlc, and Capcom said I had to get it from the retailer. They said Capcom never sent them any.

So, if it's GAME only, I'd get it from there.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed