20th Century Fox Panel at CCXP to Include Alien: Covenant?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 29, 2016, 01:46:48 PM

Author
20th Century Fox Panel at CCXP to Include Alien: Covenant? (Read 47,989 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

The artist who did that fan poster should seek legal advice and take Fox to the cleaners!  :laugh:

Ingwar

Ingwar

"The panel Fox in CCXP - Comic Con Experience in 2016 showed the first scenes of backstage Alien: Covenant. The material had Ridley Scott giving Some details about the plot.

According to him, the film will bring the roots of the Alien franchise back. The plot is located just before the first film Alien and xenomorfo will be present all the time, as the first poster. Also according to the director, the production much less bet on science fiction than Prometheus .

The film, Scott explains in the video, will follow a crew with a mission to colonize a distant place in space. They find a planet unmapped what appears to be harmless, with mountains and rivers (all filmed in New Zealand), but holds many dangers and the group will need to combat the danger of the place. The idea, he says, is to bring back the atmosphere of horror. A claustrophobic aesthetic:  "I think it will scare the people of truth" . He also talked about the character of Michael Fassbender , which is dangerous, but "may have a soul" . The scenarios seem grandiose, with statues of the faces of the engineers who resemble the heads of Easter Island. The debut Alien: Covenant is scheduled for May 19, 2017."

https://omelete.uol.com.br/filmes/noticia/ccxp-2016-alien-covenant-tera-mais-horror-e-menos-ficcao-cientifica-diz-ridley-scott-em-video-exclusivo/

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 02, 2016, 09:33:16 PM
The artist who did that fan poster should seek legal advice and take Fox to the cleaners!  :laugh:

They wouldn't have done it without artist permission. That teaser poster says one thing: we can expect a lot of Fassbender as David and Walter. Hell yeah.

https://twitter.com/Escape60Oficial/status/804803009385467904

Guy in that video (11 seconds) looks like Benjamin Rigby or maybe it's just my imagination.

DorkiDori

total bummer that nothing really came of this event outside of an updated "poster" of sorts.

i talked to a guy who actually went into the Escape 60 thing. said it was kinda neat, but nothing new or interesting was revealed about Covenant.

Ingwar

Waiting and waiting ...

DorkiDori

^^^ THAT!!!!

Pretty much the expression on my face since June when filming was wrapped...

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 02, 2016, 09:42:29 PM
"The panel Fox in CCXP - Comic Con Experience in 2016 showed the first scenes of backstage Alien: Covenant. The material had Ridley Scott giving Some details about the plot.

According to him, the film will bring the roots of the Alien franchise back. The plot is located just before the first film Alien and xenomorfo will be present all the time, as the first poster. Also according to the director, the production much less bet on science fiction than Prometheus .

The film, Scott explains in the video, will follow a crew with a mission to colonize a distant place in space. They find a planet unmapped what appears to be harmless, with mountains and rivers (all filmed in New Zealand), but holds many dangers and the group will need to combat the danger of the place. The idea, he says, is to bring back the atmosphere of horror. A claustrophobic aesthetic:  "I think it will scare the people of truth" . He also talked about the character of Michael Fassbender , which is dangerous, but "may have a soul" . The scenarios seem grandiose, with statues of the faces of the engineers who resemble the heads of Easter Island. The debut Alien: Covenant is scheduled for May 19, 2017."

https://omelete.uol.com.br/filmes/noticia/ccxp-2016-alien-covenant-tera-mais-horror-e-menos-ficcao-cientifica-diz-ridley-scott-em-video-exclusivo/

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 02, 2016, 09:33:16 PM

They wouldn't have done it without artist permission. That teaser poster says one thing: we can expect a lot of Fassbender as David and Walter. Hell yeah.

https://twitter.com/Escape60Oficial/status/804803009385467904

Guy in that video (11 seconds) looks like Benjamin Rigby or maybe it's just my imagination.

Is this from the link, and that's it for the convention or is there more??

AL

Ingwar did a great job in the translation of the article.

I have tried to look for more news but there are only two articles about the FOX panel, and they both say the same thing.

Ingwar

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 02, 2016, 11:37:12 PM
@AL I didn't translate this, my browser did it :)

@Himmelblau

That's the link to the article:

Thanks!! 8)

Translation of the ESCAPE 60  CCXP:

Known attraction for his challenging puzzles he set up a stand that mimics a spaceship with the name "Escape 60 Xtreme - Alien Covenant". It is the union of the new movie from the alien monster franchise with the group challenge game. In it you can not work alone but in partnership. Everyone helping each other.

When entering the ship the assistant who stays inside helps people with what they should do and what is prohibited. We have about ten minutes to find all the clues inside the ship. So we started working as a team. As I had some experience, I started to guide the group of young people as a way to get out of the place.

It is important in this game to have a leader to direct the actions otherwise people get lost and the game ends up becoming a "each for itself" and that is not the idea of ​​the game. I will not tell you details about the challenges so that you will not lose the grace of who to attend in the next few days.

The proposed challenges are relatively simple, I do not know if they will be the same ones that will be available in the Escape rooms scattered around SP. I think it's a preview and a way to promote the movie since the Alien character is a pop icon.

After seven minutes out of ten we had already finished the challenge and discovered a way out of the ship. The assistant outside said to a girl. "They ended up missing three minutes. They were the best. " And then everyone on the team won as a prize a beautiful picture with plaques and the best: Vips tickets to the Imax room of the UCI network. Unity is strength.

http://nosbastidores.com.br/ccxp-escape-60-traz-desafios-do-novo-alien-covenant/

AL

AL

Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 02, 2016, 11:37:12 PM
@AL I didn't translate this, my browser did it :)

:P it was quite accurate

From the same site that Himmelblau took the article

...The audience had a chance to get a synopsis of the film and a guided tour by Ridley Scott himself in some sets.
Covenant is going to happen ten years after Prometheus. We will accompany another expedition team in search of an unknown planet to begin the colonization process. Believing they had parked on a deserted planet, the team will face the unexpected creatures that will bring a complete destruction of the ship's crew.

With sinister locations in the midst of marshes without trees, Scott promises "This movie will scare the shit out of you!". By the concepts that we saw translated into scenarios, storyboards, lighting games and locations, we have no doubt about that.

After the showing of the video, there was a chat with Afonso Solano about the biology of the xenomorph And the inspiration of Giger and Scott in translating the creature as a mixture of man's greatest fears: sex and insects. Nothing more appropriate.

Stolen

QuoteAlso according to the director, the production much less bet on science fiction than Prometheus

I hope this doesn't mean that Covenant will be just a simple horror movie.
I'm for the return of stifling atmosphere à la Alien but says like this, the film looks much less ambitious than Prometheus.

WinsteadLeung

Pvt. Himmel

Stolen

Official or fake account ?

Darkness

Fan account, obviously. It's not verified or anything. If there was an announcement, it'd be posted on here: https://www.instagram.com/alienanthology/

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed