The Strategy Game Thread (All Platforms)

Started by RagingDragon, Apr 30, 2014, 05:24:22 AM

What is your favorite type of strategy game?

Real-Time Strategy/Tactics (Starcraft, Age of Empires, Command & Conquer)
14 (56%)
Turn-Based Strategy/Tactics (Age of Wonders, X-COM, Heros of Might and Magic)
3 (12%)
4X (Civilzation, Master of Orion)
1 (4%)
Tactical Roleplaying (Final Fantasy Tactics)
1 (4%)
City Building, Economics, Management (SimCity, Ceasar, Anno, Tropico, Rollercoaster Tycoon)
0 (0%)
Real-Time/Turn-Based Hybrid (Total War, Sins of a Solar Empire)
3 (12%)
Wargames/Grand Strategy (Crusader Kings, Hearts of Iron, Europa Universalis)
3 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author
The Strategy Game Thread (All Platforms) (Read 18,619 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Whoah...I didn't know the Terminator one

Wweyland

The Terminator one looks good, but I would have preferred they focused on the "old future lore" from the first 2 (or 3) movies. But maybe they merge it all together.

Retropocalypse

Unsure if people are aware but EA recently added the Command & Conquer Ultimate Collection to Steam.

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/39394/Command__Conquer_The_Ultimate_Collection/

We can finally play all the old classics, including my faves Generals and Zero Hour.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Shinawi

I miss the old strategic Rainbow Six games. Planning ahead the route for your AI teammates provided various ways to accomplish each mission. And the AI teammates had specific roles that they specialized in, which provided good cooperation. It was fun to play again and again due to the variety of ways to do the missions. Rainbow six: Rogue Spear also had different camera views for the replays. This provided good cinematic videos.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed