Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 684,632 times)

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

True. Though the first Resi could be argues as standalone. The tripe that followed was inexplicable.

samoht

samoht

I chose AVP: R.

It was more scary and more gory than AVP which I feel is an important part in the alien and Predator films.

It was also more interesting.
I really liked the Predalien.

There are aspects of AVP that are better than AVP: R, but overall, I still prefer watching AVP: R.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Scary...there's a word I haven't heard used in the same sentence as Requiem.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 11, 2010, 03:09:11 PM
'Cause it doesn't fit at all.
Unless you are saying Scaringly bad.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

:D :D :D ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D :) :) :) :o :o :o 8) 8) 8) :P :P :P

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

To you too Tusks. ;) :D

samoht

samoht

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 11, 2010, 03:09:11 PM

I guess scary wasn't the best word to use.

I guess I felt more worried (for the characters) and more on edge in certain scenes than I was in AVP.
Such as when the alien was coming for them under the water in the pool and when they were being attacked whilst trying to get on the helicopter.

I think the gore adds on tho these feelings.

I understand that AVP: Reqium isn't the best quality of movie. But other peoples opinions don't effect me and I still enjoy watching it.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Welcome to the party ;D ;)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Believe it or not, at 20:30 me, myself and I began to watch for the 3rd time Aliens Vs. Predator: Requiem, after 2 years of inactivity of my DvD. ::) I was kind of optimist, thinking I could enjoy it more than the last time. In this latter, right after the vision, the first associative I had in mind was "steaming pile of s**t". So, I thinked I could give a more positive review this time around.
And guess what,
I was wrong. Oh, oh so wrong. ::)
I'll admit that I wasn't bothered by either creature design - I even kind of appreciated how the almighty Octopus Man looked (masked) and acted onscreen. The Predalien was nice. The Aliens stood right there doing nothing, but I didn't care much.
Photography is of the worst kind. I hadn't problems seeing what was going on the screen, but still some more light wouldn't have hurt.
The acting is top-notch f**ktasticly bad. People in great numbers die and those guys can't manage do make one, single different expression? Not that the dialogue was any encouraging anyway, it was really cringe worthy. At the "Are the monsters gone now mummy?" I almost wanted to impale my own tv.
At the store fight I began to laugh incontrollably. My mother went to see and even looked at me with a WTF kind of expression. ;D
I don't know why, but I laughed how that was pathetically weak scene. And don't get me started at the "Government doesn't lie to people!" moment.
And sooooo... I ended this film up with only a thing in my mind.
You can guess what.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Ooh! Ooh! Was it "steaming pile of shit"?

echobbase79

echobbase79

I'd summarize the AvP films like this.

For me Requiem= "I guess I should've seen that coming."

And AvP="Blablablablablablabla!!!!!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7CcGdp7HzA

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 18, 2010, 10:02:57 PM
Ooh! Ooh! Was it "steaming pile of shit"?

Major Alan Schaefer

Major Alan Schaefer

Funny enough I watched both AVP movies last night. I'm going to give my short thoughts of what I thought watching them after it had been at least 6 months or so since I'd watched either of them and the day before I'd watched Predator 1 & 2.

Both movies are bad...we know this so I'm just going to point out what I liked since everyone has over killed what they hate.

AVP: The Concept, I may be blasted for this but I like the idea of it. Antartica, underground hunting ground, changing scenery and the like. Good number of Predators with a good number of Aliens opposing. The characters weren't that great  thei dialouge was worse leavning my brother and I to conclude the movie really needed Harrision Ford as Indiana Jokes as the main character of it and it would have been a great movie! *cough* anyway The main drawback is the characters and the human/predator alliance.

AVP-R: is a different beast entirely the story ripped off of a B-Movie but as I was watching it I noticed a lot more things I liked compared to the first time I watched it...I'm NOT saying I liked the movie but I did like some of the things that happened. My major complaints again where with the writing and actors but the concept was solid. I liked the Predator and the Predalien in the film. The Predalien's ability to inpregnate people was corny but I think it could have been done far better if they hadn't made it ridiclous. If the Predalien had 1. only impregnated one chestburster and 2. impregenated someone other than a female it would have been far more interesting. Sadly they chose the B-movie route. I liked the Aliens hiding out in the sewer since that is simlar to Aliens. This movie's biggest problem is the parts that would have been the most interesting to see they skip for some reason or another. The National Guard fighting the Aliens, the Aliens taking over the town, the town's last stand before the missle kills them all and most importantly several of the fights between the Wolf and Aliens most notably the store fight. All of these events are implied and could have been very interesting if done well. The Aliens themselves were a nice looking design but the actors using them had obviously not watched Alien. There was no subtlety to how they attacked just charging and jumping on people. Also the fact they just laid there and took the abuse from The Wolf was an easy thing that was looked over. I enjoyed the fight to the helicopter though it could have been done better and could have excluded Dallas' amazing avoidance of being sprayed by acid. The Predalien design was interesting and it was potrayed fairly well in comparrision to the other Aliens. The last major fight between the Wolf and Predalien had good moments and bad. The Predalien fought a bit to much like a predator and less like an Alien was the main issue. The movie though had some nice moment. The Predator in paricular was done well, nice weapons and gadgets. The Sound and music also was much better in this film than the last one.

Regardless of the future of this franchise we can at least look forward to good standalones...prehaps in the future someone will make AVP Redemption :P

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

QuoteRegardless of the future of this franchise we can at least look forward to good standalones...

The thing is, that "Versus" - movies always have been miserable in their content. So to be fair, Anderson didn't do such a massive screw up as many others did when given the chance to let one iconic beast fight another iconic beast...

So I still see huge potential in the AvP universe for being THE best "versus" universe.

As much as Anderson and Strauses have f**ked this up, you could do such cool things with this premise.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Jun 21, 2010, 06:37:30 PM
Regardless of the future of this franchise we can at least look forward to good standalones...prehaps in the future someone will make AVP Redemption :P

Someone did. His name is Alex Popov.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed