OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

11 votes for the final reasoning! :D

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Final reasoning would be a both button

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I mean, AvP is better than AvPR in practically every aspect you can think: Photography, acting, characters, effects, creature design, action.
Some of these fields are crap for some people, but they are definitely better than AvPR's. :)
*Guess Doom will make some additional accounts now! :D

SamHain

SamHain

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Apr 25, 2010, 12:11:39 PM
I mean, AvP is better than AvPR in practically every aspect you can think: Photography, acting, characters, effects, creature design, action.
Some of these fields are crap for some people, but they are definitely better than AvPR's. :)

... in your opinion.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SamHain on Apr 25, 2010, 02:36:13 PM
Quote from: OmegaZilla on Apr 25, 2010, 12:11:39 PM

... in youropinion.

Photography: You can see at least something, and you can't make out that the Aliens are guy in suits in 99.9% of the whole film, because Anderson knows how to shoot Aliens.
Acting: Lance Henriksen alone beats up AvPR's cast.
Characters: Both movies have several character development lack, but in AvP you can actually care for some. Plus, Weyland.
Effects: Suits and CGI were done in a much better way.
Creature design: No Overbite buckteethed aliens and no Octopus Predator.
Action: At least the fights are entertaining here...

So?

SamHain

SamHain

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Apr 25, 2010, 02:40:51 PM

Photography: You can see at least something, and you can't make out that the Aliens are guy in suits in 99.9% of the whole film, because Anderson knows how to shoot Aliens.
Acting: Lance Henriksen alone beats up AvPR's cast.
Characters: Both movies have several character development lack, but in AvP you can actually care for some. Plus, Weyland.
Effects: Suits and CGI were done in a much better way.
Creature design: No Overbite buckteethed aliens and no Octopus Predator.
Action: At least the fights are entertaining here...

So?

- I coud see everything, maybe it was dark in some scenes and the aliens didnt looked much different from avp
- Acting is same shit for me
- I didnt give a shit to anyone in avp, and truly hate some characters, but in both movie they suck
- The preds looked fake like hell in AVP, I'm with AVPR in this one
- In avp the preds looked fat, fake and all the same shit and the aliens looked terrible. so I think that both alien and pred designs were better in AVPr, the only bad design was the predalien
- The only ''true'' fight in AVP was celtic vs grid which was average and the rest of movie consisted in lex saving Scar's ass which was humiliating , AVPr had more fights and all of them were better than any action in AVP, and showed that a pred that doesnt need human's help

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SamHain on Apr 25, 2010, 03:08:55 PM
- Acting is same shit for me
Mmmmm.... yeah. ::) At least AvP hadn't a whole bunch of newbies as the cast.

- The preds looked fake like hell, I'm with AVPR in this one

Oooooo ja

- In avp the preds looked fat, fake and all the same shit and the aliens looked terrible. so I think that both alien and pred designs were better in AVPr, the only bad design was the predalien
Fat, because they were wearing some armor? :D
O yes, the designs are better in AvPR... with the massive mandibles and the buckteeth... and the childly proportions... :P

- The only ''true'' fight in AVP was celtic vs grid which was average and the rest of movie consisted in lex saving Scar's ass which was humiliating , AVPr had more fights and all of them were better than any action in AVP, and showed that a pred that doesnt need human's help
Fights that went off, in like 30-40 seconds each. Final battle lasts 1:50 minutes. Hell, at least the AvP ones catch some kind of attention and last 3 good minutes before ending. And Scar kills a good bunch of Aliens without the help of Lex.
And Predator needing human help has absolutely nothing to do with the actual quality of the film. Nothing. Just because the Predator is a "badass" in AvPR doesn't make the film better.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

- I coud see everything, maybe it was dark in some scenes

Then you see in night vision, lucky you.

Quote from: SamHain on Apr 25, 2010, 03:08:55 PMand the aliens didnt looked much different from avp

Absolute rage. The heads changed entirely, and that's the most distinct visual aspect of the Alien. Not to mention that the suits seemed much beefier, less lithe.

Quote from: SamHain on Apr 25, 2010, 03:08:55 PM- The preds looked fake like hell, I'm with AVPR in this one

Wolf might in fact be the best Predator design we've seen.

Quote from: SamHain on Apr 25, 2010, 03:08:55 PMthe aliens looked terrible. so I think that both alien and pred designs were better in AVPr, the only bad design was the predalien

The Aliens in AvP looked better than they did in AR and AvPR. Even if all movies used the exact same suits (which they don't), AvP just used the suits to best effect in terms of camera angle and lighting.

Quote from: SamHain on Apr 25, 2010, 03:08:55 PM- The only ''true'' fight in AVP was celtic vs grid which was average and the rest of movie consisted in lex saving Scar's ass which was humiliating , AVPr had more fights and all of them were better than any action in AVP, and showed that a pred that doesnt need human's help

AvPR showed that Predators are f**king retarded. And before you jump me for that, I'd rather see Predators as needing a hand from time to time rather than being balls-out retarded.

If AvP's fight was average, then the ones in AvPR were abysmal. Nothing about them resembled a fight we actually wanted to see. It's just one dude in a suit wailing on other dudes in suits doing nothing to stop the first guy. The issue isn't even that the Aliens are getting their asses kicked - it's that they're so irrelevant.

One Predator messes up a dozen Aliens in half an hour? Alright, sure, but at least depict it in a way that's consistent with some semblance of dramatic expectation. Don't scale back the Aliens so the scaled back Predator can kick their asses. Create a fight sensitive to the context and location which leaves the audience guessing.

What if Wolf slaughtered a bunch of human beings and draped their corpses around a lure area to confuse an Alien's senses? What if Wolf pulled a Scar and tricked an Alien into a false sense of security? What if Wolf used the terror he can cause to herd the humans into an easily-accessible, central location, thereby luring the Aliens to the same place?

It's all about tension and justification. Because from what we've seen in the films, any Alien would've eaten Wolf for breakfast given his level of intelligence and wit. 

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: MadassAlex on Apr 25, 2010, 03:28:13 PM
That, that was sarcasm, all right Alex? :o

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Well, his head sucked as per ADI's suckageness in general, but his mask was really, really good and the body was pretty spot-on.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

*Wipes tear*
now I feel better. Thought your predator taste went apeshit. :o
Yeah, the mask is well done and P2-ish; I'm sorry to say this, but ADI really failed with the Face. :P

SamHain

SamHain

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Apr 25, 2010, 03:19:24 PM
Mmmmm.... yeah. ::) At least AvP hadn't a whole bunch of newbies as the cast.

I dont care if there were newbies, I care about their acting and in both movies it sucked in the same level

http://i43.tinypic.com/5f5gth.jpg
Oooooo ja

thats a behind-the-scenes picture, he looked better in the movie

Fat, because they were wearing some armor? :D
O yes, the designs are better in AvPR... with the massive mandibles and the buckteeth... and the childly proportions... :P

After celtic takes part of his armor off and in the making of we can see that is not just the armor. And I could deal with 1 fat pred, but all of them looked the same shit

Fights that went off, in like 30-40 seconds each. Final battle lasts 1:50 minutes. Hell, at least the AvP ones catch some kind of attention and last 3 good minutes before ending. And Scar kills a good bunch of Aliens without the help of Lex.
And Predator needing human help has absolutely nothing to do with the actual quality of the film. Nothing. Just because the Predator is a "badass" in AvPR doesn't make the film better.

Doesnt matter the time, they were still better for me.
So you dont care when one of main creatures is show as a loser? Isnt that the one of the main reasons that you hate AVPr, for showing the aliens like nothing?

Quote from: MadassAlex on Apr 25, 2010, 03:28:13 PMquote a

Then you see in night vision, lucky you.

... or a TV with great quality

Absolute rage. The heads changed entirely, and that's the most distinct visual aspect of the Alien. Not to mention that the suits seemed much beefier, less lithe.

I was talking about the way the were showed in the movie, not the design

He was good but anytime and pussyface were better, and when I said that they looked fake I was talking about AVP's and that AvPr got best effects

The Aliens in AvP looked better than they did in AR and AvPR. Even if all movies used the exact same suits (which they don't), AvP just used the suits to best effect in terms of camera angle and lighting.

... in your opinion. I thought the ones in AVPR better

AvPR showed that Predators are f**king retarded. And before you jump me for that, I'd rather see Predators as needing a hand from time to time rather than being balls-out retarded.

If AvP's fight was average, then the ones in AvPR were abysmal. Nothing about them resembled a fight we actually wanted to see. It's just one dude in a suit wailing on other dudes in suits doing nothing to stop the first guy. The issue isn't even that the Aliens are getting their asses kicked - it's that they're so irrelevant.

One Predator messes up a dozen Aliens in half an hour? Alright, sure, but at least depict it in a way that's consistent with some semblance of dramatic expectation. Don't scale back the Aliens so the scaled back Predator can kick their asses. Create a fight sensitive to the context and location which leaves the audience guessing.

What if Wolf slaughtered a bunch of human beings and draped their corpses around a lure area to confuse an Alien's senses? What if Wolf pulled a Scar and tricked an Alien into a false sense of security? What if Wolf used the terror he can cause to herd the humans into an easily-accessible, central location, thereby luring the Aliens to the same place?

It's all about tension and justification. Because from what we've seen in the films, any Alien would've eaten Wolf for breakfast given his level of intelligence and wit.

The fights were not perfect but I liked them :)

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: SamHain on Apr 25, 2010, 04:40:08 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/5f5gth.jpg
Oooooo ja

thats a behind-the-scenes picture, he looked better in the movie

Quote from: SamHain on Apr 25, 2010, 04:40:08 PM... or a TV with great quality
I have AVPR on bluray and a 40" inch TV. With the brightness up, I still can't make out what's happening onscreen. Even the day scenes have a dark, afternoon shadow over them.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: SamHain on Apr 25, 2010, 04:40:08 PM
... or a TV with great quality

I have an HD TV. All I could make out was one dark, formless blob fighting another dark, formless blob.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed