Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 684,520 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SamHain on Feb 03, 2010, 02:54:16 AM
Then he just had to take the spear off...
Right. Turn your back on a pissed-off Alien. Spectacular game-plan.

QuoteCocky? Paul Anderson just wanted a excuse to kill the poor pred
At least he did it in-character for the creature.

QuoteMost of the aliens were killed by Wolf's plasma casters in AvP-R but still everybody bitches about it
No-one has ever bitched about the Aliens Wolf shot. Ever.

QuoteThe problem isnt that the alien killed him... but that he lifted and throwed him like nothing, sorry but I can see a alien doing that a human but a predator? Its just as bad as having Wolf holding those 2 aliens by the neck
Celtic was impaled through the chest and lifted into the air. Again, huge difference - In AvPR the Aliens were being held around the neck. Celtic was dying. As for being thrown, I don't see the problem. It's not like Aliens are weak.

QuoteThe spear was next to him...and he could have used the netgun and dagger many times instead of wrestling with the alien
While wrestling he was spending most of his time trying to stop the Alien tearing him to pieces with its bare hands.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Gill was impaled through the chest, Gill ;)

SiL

SiL

Tomato, tomahto. ( :P I'm not being serious I realise that I made a mistake I was just trying to jokingly brushing it off sorry for any confusion)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Not really, since it does make a difference.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Makes me want to call him Gilbert...let's stick with Chopper. ;)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 03, 2010, 04:39:41 AM
Not really, since it does make a difference.
I left out the smiley because I thought it was obvious, but evidently not ...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Aw geez, it's late night...knew I shoulda held off on that last tequila shot...

SamHain

SamHain

Quote from: SiL on Feb 03, 2010, 04:28:34 AM

Right. Turn your back on a pissed-off Alien. Spectacular game-plan.
At least he did it in-character for the creature.

He could have taked the spear after he saw that Chopper was dead, but he decided to watch his buddy being headbitten and run after the alien. Now THAT is a spectacular game plan

No-one has ever bitched about the Aliens Wolf shot. Ever.

Dude I have seen a lot, I mean A LOT of people, most aliens fans that keep saying that all the aliens were dumb, that no way a predator would kill so much them even thought Wolf killed most of the aliens with long raged weapons

Celtic was impaled through the chest and lifted into the air. Again, huge difference - In AvPR the Aliens were being held around the neck. Celtic was dying. As for being thrown, I don't see the problem. It's not like Aliens are weak.

Its Chopper/Gill, and it was just humiliating to the pred, it showed that the pred was like nothing compared to the alien. And preds arent weak too so I guess there wasnt any problem with the 2 aliens being hold by the neck.

While wrestling he was spending most of his time trying to stop the Alien tearing him to pieces with its bare hands.

... instead of just killing the alien

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SamHain on Feb 03, 2010, 03:30:09 PM
He could have taked the spear after he saw that Chopper was dead, but he decided to watch his buddy being headbitten and run after the alien. Now THAT is a spectacular game plan

He didn't realize it was an Alien at first glance. He heard the blood splatter, turned around, and when he realized what was going on, he knew he had to kill the alien as fast as he could.

Dude I have seen a lot, I mean A LOT of people, most aliens fans that keep saying that all the aliens were dumb, that no way a predator would kill so much them even thought Wolf killed most of the aliens with long raged weapons

Then they're idiots. Predators will always have the advantage at long range.

Its Chopper/Gill, and it was just humiliating to the pred, it showed that the pred was like nothing compared to the alien. And preds arent weak too so I guess there wasnt any problem with the 2 aliens being hold by the neck.

Well what would you like him to have done? He just had his spinal cord severed. Not like Gill could've really done anything.

How do you kill something that is on top of you, chest on chest, and wants to rip your head off? Worry about defending yourself first.

SamHain

SamHain

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 03, 2010, 03:55:25 PM
He didn't realize it was an Alien at first glance. He heard the blood splatter, turned around, and when he realized what was going on, he knew he had to kill the alien as fast as he could.

If he wanted to kill the alien as fast as he could then why didnt he just throwed his spear or shuriken?
You can say that he has a teenager... but thats no excuse for him being dumb

Then they're idiots. Predators will always have the advantage at long range.

I agree!

Well what would you like him to have done? He just had his spinal cord severed. Not like Gill could've really done anything.

Hasnt he wearing armor in his back? If yes then no way a alien tail would be able to stab him, we have seen that preds's armor is immune to bullets, so the tail wouldnt do any damage

How do you kill something that is on top of you, chest on chest, and wants to rip your head off? Worry about defending yourself first.

I would try to get the alien off me just like Celtic did then I would take my weapons and finish it

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SamHain on Feb 03, 2010, 05:55:58 PM
If he wanted to kill the alien as fast as he could then why didnt he just throwed his spear or shuriken?
Hadn't Celtic only the Wristblades and the Net-Launcher? ???
The again, if it's a teenager, it obviously hasn't made experience in fight and strategies.

Hasnt he wearing armor in his back? If yes then no way a alien tail would be able to stab him, we have seen that preds's armor is immune to bullets, so the tail wouldnt do any damage
On Screen > What you think.
If the tail has impaled him and stabbed the armor itself, it can nonetheless.
I don't remember him wearing armor in that spot though.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The tail went through to the other side of his body so him wearing armour is neither here nor there.

I would try to get the alien off me just like Celtic did then I would take my weapons and finish it

That's exactly what he was doing, but when you've got a razor sharp tail swinging at you along with big hands with big sharp claws, it's not easy. Or did you expect Grid to just sit there and wait to be killed?

SamHain

SamHain

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Feb 03, 2010, 06:13:44 PM
Hadn't Celtic only the Wristblades and the Net-Launcher? ???
The again, if it's a teenager, it obviously hasn't made experience in fight and strategies.

No. He had a spear(next to him), a dagger and 1/2 shurikens(on his belt or something) too.
If he didnt knew how to fight he shouldn't be in this ritual and just because he is young we have to accept his stupidity?

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Feb 03, 2010, 06:13:44 PM
On Screen > What you think.
If the tail has impaled him and stabbed the armor itself, it can nonetheless.
I don't remember him wearing armor in that spot though.

I just looked at scene that Celtic and Chopper were going to the pyramid and both of them were wearing armor in the back... if their armor cant protect them then why the are they wearing it? And in the originals their armor were bullet-proof

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 03, 2010, 06:27:50 PM
The tail went through to the other side of his body so him wearing armour is neither here nor there.

In the scene that Celtic and Chopper were going to the pyramid we can see the armor.

That's exactly what he was doing, but when you've got a razor sharp tail swinging at you along with big hands with big sharp claws, it's not easy. Or did you expect Grid to just sit there and wait to be killed?

What about after the scene after Celtic cutted Grid's tail? The alien wasnt even paying attenction but instead of using his weapons he decided to push him.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

He reacted as quickly as possible to deal with what was going on. Pretty much as soon as he saw it was an alien, it was on him.

People complain about the aliens being stupid and Wolf just walking through them unscathed; no one complains about them being killed at range by caster or otherwise.

How is it humiliating? It showed that a predator could be killed. Aliens bust through inches thick steel doors, I doubt throwing a corpse is much of a work out for it.

The two aliens Wolf held back were aware of Wolf, facing him and traying to attack him; yet for reasons that can not be explained couldn't. Wolf should have died right there (being that he was in range of every attack in the aliens arsenal).

There wasn't much it could have done at that moment. He had to get the alien off before he could kill it. Just showing that a pred could fight with an alien like that is big a big boost for the preds.

You can say that he has a teenager... but thats no excuse for him being dumb

Again, he didn't have his spear or the time to safely get it. Also, I'm not sure Celtic has any shurikens at his disposal. He used what weapons he could when he could.

He didn't have any armor on his back that the tail went through IIRC. Even if he did though, an alien could feasibly get through it. The aliens have been shown deflecting 10mm explosive tipped light armor piercing rifle rounds, yet the predators weapons can break their armor (skin). The aliens have incredible strength, and it isn't impossible for them to break predator armor.

Which is what Celtic did. It lost the same way Anytime and Pussyface lost; overconfidence.

No. He had a spear(next to him), a dagger and 1/2 shurikens(on his belt or something) too.
If he didnt knew how to fight he shouldn't be in this ritual and just because he is young we have to accept his stupidity?

The spear wasn't immediately next to him. I don't remember him having shurikens, but perhaps he did.

Also, the "young teenage" pred thing isn't literal. PWA used that as an analogy to human coming of age rituals. These were supposed to be experienced hunters going through a test to become elites. They were supposed to be more experienced than Anytime or Pussyface. That said, they were not experienced against aliens.

I just looked at scene that Celtic and Chopper were going to the pyramid and both of them were wearing armor in the back... if their armor cant protect them then why the are they wearing it? And in the originals their armor were bullet-proof

They had a lot of armor on, but they weren't full suits, there were a lot of gaps. Again, the aliens were also bullet proof (to much more powerful rounds than the preds armor was ever seen taking).

Their armor did offer a fair bit of protection from the claws too.

In the scene that Celtic and Chopper were going to the pyramid we can see the armor.

Even if it was there, the aliens could still be able to break it.

What about after the scene after Celtic cutted Grid's tail? The alien wasnt even paying attenction but instead of using his weapons he decided to push him.

The pred couldn't kill the alien there; cutting the tail was even a risky move. After it cut the tail and saw the acid blood, it knew that damaging it up close would be a bad thing (unless Celtic wanted an acid bath).

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Well, I think the way Chopper died is just right. He knew what he was up against, what did await him in the pyramid (omg :o), still he  was focusing on a human meaning no serious harm to him. The alien killing him (the size of the tail is unessential) was OK, those creatures tear up metal like it was carboard, and Chopper's back (assuminfg that their armor would be 'alien-resistant', which is certainly not in this movie, having seen how grid scratched the helmet with a tiny slam) wasn't fully armored. I think his death and the way grid did throw him was ok. It showed how strong and ferocious aliens are, how deadly their nature is. I think Chopper was the overconfident one.. Celtic was the stupid one, and I don't like it. He had plenty of time to get his spear, and it was just next to him. He must have known what he was up against, how easily he could die. Still he started to fight just with his wristblades, however he was unblooded. The way he could survive that long is respectful though meaningless. His death was in vain.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed