AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 684,646 times)

Milan

Milan

Quote from: Vulhala on Aug 15, 2009, 08:39:22 AM
Quote from: Spidey3121 on Aug 15, 2009, 07:04:40 AM
This poll opened the day of AvP:R's release so it makes sense that it holds a firm lead as anyone coming off an immediate high of seeing it would vote it better than AvP.

I was literally just about to ask wtf was going on with AvP:R being in the lead  :D

I think it's the Predator fans that put AvP-R in the lead, fans like me :)

You see...in AVP we didn't get any Predators...we didn't get our fanatic hunters from the past, we didn't get  "El Diablo cazador de hombres".

We got a race of aliens, who once conquered earth made the humans their slaves and where whorshipped as gods. These gods learned humans how to build stuff and in return humans build these large playgrounds, called pyramids, where the gods could leave their baby gods to play with their pets, The Gods also had the humans sacrefise themselfs to be able to breed these pets and the humans saw this to be a great honor!

In AvP-R we get introduced to a much better looking Predator, he sees the alarm of a ship crashing towards earth and he grabs some gear and goes to investigate, he finds the ship but on crash-site he also finds out what caused the crash, On the homeplanet he didn't know that the ship was carrying alien eggs and that a Pred-Alien was onboard, he also sees that some face huggers have survived the crash and left the ship so he begins to track them, the hunt is on!
But this ain't a thropy hunt, he ain't allowed to take any thropys, the alien eggs on that ship didn't belong to him, The prey created from them ain't his to take, they belong to another clan, he can't hunt their prey, take their trophies, but he can't have the Aliens running free on earth, killing their prey.
It's pest controll. It's cureing a cancer spreading on earth among their prey.
So he hunts it, stalk it, kill it...

...And the deputy who fell victim to him knows this story all to well;

"Anna; When I was little, we found a man. He looked like - like, butchered. The old woman in the village crossed themselves... and whispered crazy things, strange things. "El Diablo cazador de hombres." Only in the hottest years this happens. And this year, it grows hot. We begin finding our men. We found them sometimes without their skins... and sometimes much, much worse. "El cazador trofeo de los hombres" means the demon who makes trophies of men."

AVP features the shittiest take on the Predators ever, can't even call them Predators, they have as much in common with the oldschool Predators as Newborn have with the xenomorph called "Kanes son".
AvP-R ain't a good movie, they did the same thing to the Aliens in that movie as AVP did to the Predators and I don't like it.
The Predator got raped in AvP and then I go and have the Alien raped in AVP-R just to prove how wrong it was, I think it's f**king stupid.
Two wrongs doesn't make it right.

Now make an AvP-3 where the humans are the ones getting owned cause that's what these creatures are supposed to do.

Pred Killer

Pred Killer

Quote from: Milan on Aug 15, 2009, 12:13:16 PM
Now make an AvP-3 where the humans are the ones getting owned cause that's what these creatures are supposed to do.
That is how it is in my fan-fic: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=25308.msg528462#new

Milan

Milan

Quote from: Pred Killer on Aug 15, 2009, 12:33:00 PM
That is how it is in my fan-fic: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=25308.msg528462#new

It was a good read, I liked it alot.
There are some things that I would tweak alittle,
Maybe a different setting, a desert setting with canyons, some jungle, a small town, in africa maybe.
People there might work with oil, diamonds, cutting forrest,
It's a warm place, uneasy living, it has troubles, the locals don't like the companys takeing shit over, getting rich on their natural resourses. Some just protest, some protest with arms.

Let Hank get into an argument that starts a fight, Hank wins the fight and that makes him "prey" in the eyes of the Predators that was watching them.
A Predator chooses his big game by their "fighting" skills, he wouldn't go after a dude with an axe until he sees him become aggressive. You would qulify as "prey" if you punch a dude in the face while a Predator is watching.

Why I would change it? It's because it would be a new setting, a setting that haven't been featured in any of the movies, it would be somewhat original.
And the second change would be done to make the Predator act like more like the Predators in Predator 1-2,
The Predator watched potential targets and selected those who could and would fight.
Anytime watched Dutch and Co attack the camp, Pussyface watched the Colombians fight the police, and selected "prey" to hunt dureing those situations, combat situations.

Hope, you didn't get offended but I rather give you honest feedback.
Maybe it will help, the story is really good so far, can't wait to see what happens next.

Pred Killer

Pred Killer

Quote from: Milan on Aug 15, 2009, 01:35:25 PM
Quote from: Pred Killer on Aug 15, 2009, 12:33:00 PM

It was a good read, I liked it alot.
There are some things that I would tweak alittle,
Maybe a different setting, a desert setting with canyons, some jungle, a small town, in africa maybe.
People there might work with oil, diamonds, cutting forrest,
It's a warm place, uneasy living, it has troubles, the locals don't like the companys takeing shit over, getting rich on their natural resourses. Some just protest, some protest with arms.

Let Hank get into an argument that starts a fight, Hank wins the fight and that makes him "prey" in the eyes of the Predators that was watching them.
A Predator chooses his big game by their "fighting" skills, he wouldn't go after a dude with an axe until he sees him become aggressive. You would qulify as "prey" if you punch a dude in the face while a Predator is watching.

Why I would change it? It's because it would be a new setting, a setting that haven't been featured in any of the movies, it would be somewhat original.
And the second change would be done to make the Predator act like more like the Predators in Predator 1-2,
The Predator watched potential targets and selected those who could and would fight.
Anytime watched Dutch and Co attack the camp, Pussyface watched the Colombians fight the police, and selected "prey" to hunt dureing those situations, combat situations.

Hope, you didn't get offended but I rather give you honest feedback.
Maybe it will help, the story is really good so far, can't wait to see what happens next.

It is a little too far in to change the setting. Now I regret putting it in Alaska. >.< Oh who knows, maybe I could put an epic fight between an Alien and a Pred on a glacier or something. I can change it to make it to where Hank and Ambrose get in a small fight or something though, indeed.

Celtic-predator

Celtic-predator

Just as a question, if AvPR portrayed the Predators in the same way as AvP, which movie would you prefer?

Milan

Milan

Quote from: Celtic-predator on Aug 16, 2009, 07:10:47 AM

Just as a question, if AvPR portrayed the Predators in the same way as AvP, which movie would you prefer?

Well, then it would be AVP.
Because the Aliens in it where good, they were creepy, they where, how should I put it...capable.
AvP featured ugly, out of character, stupid Predators but it had good aliens,
AvP-R had a slightly better Predator but far from good. But it also had ugly, out of character and stupid aliens.

If AvPR portrayed the Predators in the same way as AvP we would have a movie with Aliens and Predators that were equally, ugly, out of character and stupid.

I'm more a Predator fan than an Alien fan.
But it doesn't mean that I want to have my favorite creature kill weak aliens.
Cause they should be the most dangerous prey out there, if you view the Predator as a Yautja.
And I think it fit's the Alien as a creature, something that is called "the perfect organism" should be the perfect prey in the eyes of a Predator, they value they prey after the risk in hunting it, the higher the risk is of the hunter getting killed, the higher value the trophy has.
Something called the "ultimate prey" is a prey that most likely will kill the hunter hunting it.

Pred Killer

Pred Killer

Quote from: Milan on Aug 16, 2009, 03:41:03 PM

Well, then it would be AVP.
Because the Aliens in it where good, they were creepy, they where, how should I put it...capable.
AvP featured ugly, out of character, stupid Predators but it had good aliens,
AvP-R had a slightly better Predator but far from good. But it also had ugly, out of character and stupid aliens.

If AvPR portrayed the Predators in the same way as AvP we would have a movie with Aliens and Predators that were equally, ugly, out of character and stupid.

I'm more a Predator fan than an Alien fan.
But it doesn't mean that I want to have my favorite creature kill weak aliens.
Cause they should be the most dangerous prey out there, if you view the Predator as a Yautja.
And I think it fit's the Alien as a creature, something that is called "the perfect organism" should be the perfect prey in the eyes of a Predator, they value they prey after the risk in hunting it, the higher the risk is of the hunter getting killed, the higher value the trophy has.
Something called the "ultimate prey" is a prey that most likely will kill the hunter hunting it.

Could not agree more.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

You could say the same thing in reverse. If AvP:R portrayed the Aliens the same way as AvP, which movie would you prefer? I'd still choose AvP:R.

Pred Killer

Pred Killer

AVPR is a good standalone movie. It would be great if it weren't for damn Chet. It is completely illogical and NON CANON for the alien to take hair traits from its parent host (not to mention the damn reproduction procedures, they were actually planning on Chet stab his victims with his tail and for them to explode and produce a new f**king predalien, how pathetic.)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Ya, I'll give you that. The hair was a stupid move. But that's what happens when he film's makers don't give the audience any credit and believe the mandibles won't convince people enough the Alien came from a Predator.

Pred Killer

Pred Killer

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 16, 2009, 05:27:51 PM
Ya, I'll give you that. The hair was a stupid move. But that's what happens when he film's makers don't give the audience any credit and believe the mandibles won't convince people enough the Alien came from a Predator.
For me they wouldn't have even had to give it mandibles, being larger and having a different texture would have been fine, because it's not like dragon in Alien 3 had friggen horns, gawd the unique exuberant thriller that was once the aliens series is no more.

Milan

Milan

Quote from: Pred Killer on Aug 16, 2009, 05:31:31 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 16, 2009, 05:27:51 PM
For me they wouldn't have even had to give it mandibles, being larger and having a different texture would have been fine, because it's not like dragon in Alien 3 had friggen horns, gawd the unique exuberant thriller that was once the aliens series is no more.

Well, I belive that why the dragon is has a different look compared to the Aliens that came from the humans is because it spent time within a dead host, I think that the Alien would "suffer" if the host dies while the embryo is in it, like that it has to quit working before the job is done, I see the Alien called Kanes son as 99% alien 1% human,
but the dragon may be 92% Alien 8% ox.

However, It may just be that a Alien looks different if it comes from an ox/dog, human or Predator, but I don't like that idea, I rather have all Aliens look the same with some smaller differences but if their host die before they "bust" out then the differences should be larger.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

No, the Runner looked different because it lacked dorsal spines, and it walked on all fours mostly. People could look right at it and say: this thing came out of a four-legged creature. The Predalien, same thing. Give it a trait that is disntinctly Predator-ian, like mandibles, and people will know where it came from. The Runner didn't have fur or whiskers; why would a Predalien have mandibles?

Milan

Milan

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 17, 2009, 04:07:00 AM
No, the Runner looked different because it lacked dorsal spines, and it walked on all fours mostly. People could look right at it and say: this thing came out of a four-legged creature. The Predalien, same thing. Give it a trait that is disntinctly Predator-ian, like mandibles, and people will know where it came from. The Runner didn't have fur or whiskers; why would a Predalien have mandibles?

Mutation?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Still haven't seen AVPR, so I won't vote, but as an Alien fan I would probably like AVP better. AVP didn't really respect the Predators, and from what I heard AVPR didn't respect the Aliens. I think I saw a clip on youtube of an Alien getting killed with a pistol??? I say they get someone with respect for BOTH creatures to reboot the series. And i really, REALLY like AVP, but the Predators just weren't treated the way they should have been, and I'm more of an Alien fan.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed