Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 684,676 times)

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

I heard someone say here that AVP didn't have enough gore. IMO, I liked it the way it was. The fights between the Preds and Aliens should be gory, and they were, but I didn't mind everything else.

CanadianHero67

CanadianHero67

Quote from: War Wager on Jan 06, 2009, 10:13:10 PM
He only looked skilled because his enemies were dipshits. :)
Nah, the aliens would be fine if Wolf did not have all his tools and weapons. If you take those away from him he would be killed early in the movie because Predators rely on weapons and tools but Aliens have razor teeth, claws, and tail as well as acid blood.

severen76

severen76

^^ Not in AvP:R though. The aliens had a few chances to kill Wolf but didn't even put up a decent fight.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Only real exception being in the power plant when it sent him flying off the catwalk.

Rich Green Acid Blood

Rich Green Acid Blood

What was the point of Wolf skinning the police officer? Was he trying to use him as bait or did he just do that for fun?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Just what Predators do. Nothing more.

panzytuio

panzytuio

They both kinda tie.  I would say AVP probably if I had to choose one.

Celtic-predator

Celtic-predator

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 07, 2009, 01:10:09 AM

Wasn't he trying to eliminate all evidence of an alien infestation? If so, why did he waste time when aliens could be breeding all the while?  And why leave evidence of him being there?

Rich Green Acid Blood

Rich Green Acid Blood

That's exactly what I've been thinking, why waste the time to do that? I suppose the Predator was playing to the audience to show them that he was for real, this movie is rated R for a reason, and if you mess with a Predator, he's got the tools and attitude to not think twice before skinning you!

Celtic-predator

Celtic-predator

Quote from: Rich Green Acid Blood on Jan 07, 2009, 05:08:15 AM
That's exactly what I've been thinking, why waste the time to do that? I suppose the Predator was playing to the audience to show them that he was for real, this movie is rated R for a reason, and if you mess with a Predator, he's got the tools and attitude to not think twice before skinning you!

tools, attitude and lack of sense. :p

In the AvPR commentary the Strause brothers did say it didn't make any sense, but they did want to pay homage to the original Predator movie.

War Wager

War Wager

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 06, 2009, 11:08:43 PM
Only real exception being in the power plant when it sent him flying off the catwalk.

And that Alien was still being stupid. It could have speared him through the stomach from behind, but no, it has to jump right in front on him, screetch and then bitch slap him. :P

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Celtic-predator on Jan 07, 2009, 05:01:15 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 07, 2009, 01:10:09 AM

Wasn't he trying to eliminate all evidence of an alien infestation? If so, why did he waste time when aliens could be breeding all the while?  And why leave evidence of him being there?

Since he was a veteran Predator I assume three things:

1) The skinning didn't take very long
2) There's nothing about the skinning that suggests an alien presence
3) The aliens hadn't spread to the point of being out of control until quite some time later

Rich Green Acid Blood

Rich Green Acid Blood

I don't think it has to make sense, it was just cool seeing a guy skinned by a Predator. And I suspect that's what was going through the Strause Bros. heads. Or perhaps it had been a while since Wolf had gone on a hunt, so he treated himself by decapitating an innocent onlooker.

WDB

WDB

Hated avp with a passion.  I can stand avpr.  LOVE how they brought back original sounds from the older movies.  Still wish that they would make the cannon sound like a whip again like in the original predator movie unless they had it added but I didnt hear it.  Avp way to goofy. Avp closer but still way off.

Celtic-predator

Celtic-predator

Quote from: WDB on Jan 12, 2009, 03:31:11 AM
Hated avp with a passion.  I can stand avpr.  LOVE how they brought back original sounds from the older movies.  Still wish that they would make the cannon sound like a whip again like in the original predator movie unless they had it added but I didnt hear it.  Avp way to goofy. Avp closer but still way off.

Wait, you're basing your opinion on an entire movie because of the sounds? Any other problems?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed