Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1052

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 577,307 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I might re-watch the film eventually but I'll ask fluxcap to join me. I'm not sure I'll make it through on my own.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm doing a marathon in a few weeks when I go away.  :)

Haven't heard that name for a while. Where'd he go to?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

He's still very much alive and well but he's super busy with his job. It's why he had to step down as a mod and why his activity level plummeted.

Scree

Scree

Quote from: Alien³ on Mar 24, 2015, 02:36:45 PM
This picture sums up the personalities of each film perfectly.

Hehe, that's really lovely. ;D

szkoki

szkoki

:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHbBvuo4Yak#ws

maybe im more like a sentimental person

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 16, 2015, 04:57:52 PM
He's still very much alive and well but he's super busy with his job. It's why he had to step down as a mod and why his activity level plummeted.

Glad to hear. Tell him I said hi!  :)

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: maledoro on Dec 13, 2006, 12:31:40 PM
I liked the dark, eerie beauty of the movie. The bleak hopelessness that underlies the notion that nothing is certain and that one shouldn't expect a "Hollywood ending".

Aliens has been called a "roller coaster ride of a movie". In a way, the third movie was as well, but instead of rising into the air, the "ride" takes you underground, where one can almost see the "dark Satanic Mills" that Blake had written about.

Sure, one sees what one searches for, but there was a greater opportunity in Alien³ for one to find all kinds of metaphor, as it didn't rely on convention as Aliens had. There were all kinds of symbolism to be found in Alien³, especially Gnostic and alchemical. If there is any religious symbolism to be found, it's not the kind taught in Sunday School in little black books and pastel-colored paperbacks. It is more likely to be found in the writings of Böhme and the paintings of Bosch.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/maledoro/Elves/wink.gif
Glad someone likes alien 3 as well it was under rated like predator 2

TheLoneSpoon

TheLoneSpoon

deadcowboy

deadcowboy

Resurrection.  We learn in this movie quite a bit about the Alien. Not just a killing machine. Also learn that there are similarities between our species. Kind of really fills in when Prometheus  came out. I think based off Prometheus that we were grown from the same goo that the alien species came from.   

Morgoth

Morgoth

I'm seeing alien at a local theater tonight at midnight! So excited. Never saw it on the big screen before.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Morgoth on Jun 20, 2015, 01:58:42 AM
I'm seeing alien at a local theater tonight at midnight! So excited. Never saw it on the big screen before.

Nice! For me, the perfect way to view Alien would be on the big screen...and in 3D. Man, I would love to see the trilogy in 3D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jun 21, 2015, 03:50:04 AM
Quote from: Morgoth on Jun 20, 2015, 01:58:42 AM

Nice! For me, the perfect way to view Alien would be on the big screen...and in 3D. Man, I would love to see the trilogy in 3D

They did do a really good job with Titantic...

thanatos86

thanatos86

Alien 3
i think the franchise is pretty solid, Alien and Aliens are 2 masterpieces but Alien 3 has a special place in my heart, i love the atmosphere of the movie, the prisoners who found like a salvation in an ipotetic god, it gives me like a medieval feeling, they are killers/rapers who are looking for redemption and it likes the armageddon has arrived with the "dragon"  ;)
I loooved the original concept of the Wood-Planet too bad they never made it, but the post apocaliptic look of the planet is breathe taking.
I love the end of Ripley and i'm sorry to say it but i loved the beginning with the death of Hicks and Newt, its an Alien movie, not a Jurassic Park movie for families.
And the Soundtrack is a masterpiece.

Of course i love the whole franchise  :D
even Resurrection is a cute movie, not a masterpiece and the Newborn scares me lol sorry to say but Resurrection gives me the vibe of a classic Hollywood movie even if Jean Pierre said in the interviews he didint want to do an Hollywood movie, but its good to see and the new Ripley is so badass!  ;)

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

I can respect that!

Recently I have been reinterested in the Wooden Planet idea.  Some of the concepts are just so intriguing.  I love the visuals of gigantic church ceilings and acres of wheat fields (set on fire in a vain attempt to kill the Alien).  Having the Alien die in the glass factory where they make the church's stain glassed windows is also a clever idea, obviously repurposed into the molten lead sequence in the final movie.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I never liked Ward's vision. It was just so un-Alien. It seemed like a really unique sci-fi film but just an awful Alien concept. They did a comic out of his script IIRC but I never did read it. I'll try and find it.

http://vincentwardfilms.com/concepts/alien-3/graphic-novel-in-8-parts/part-1/

Here it is.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed