Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1052

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 577,108 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Cvalda on Feb 28, 2013, 07:02:59 AM
I just remember loving the whole thing and leaving the theater really excited. :laugh: No terror, just joy :P Still love the film to this day -- it's got enormous flaws, but there's still nothing else like it, and it flies its freak flag proud. Contrast with my other favorite film of the year at the time, The Lost World, which I thought was amazing back then but now realize is a total sack of shit :P

The Lost World is a total sack of shit and you like Alien: Resurrection? You crazy.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 28, 2013, 07:25:49 AM
The Lost World is a total sack of shit and you like Alien: Resurrection? You crazy.
What was your preferred ranking of the films again?

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: Cvalda on Feb 28, 2013, 07:02:59 AM
I just remember loving the whole thing and leaving the theater really excited. :laugh: No terror, just joy :P Still love the film to this day -- it's got enormous flaws, but there's still nothing else like it, and it flies its freak flag proud. Contrast with my other favorite film of the year at the time, The Lost World, which I thought was amazing back then but now realize is a total sack of shit :P

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Cvalda on Feb 28, 2013, 07:51:23 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 28, 2013, 07:25:49 AM
What was your preferred ranking of the films again?

How can you call TLW, a film which logically follows after its predecessor in terms of story, a sack of shit in comparison to a movie that was almost literally pulled out of a movie studio's ass just to make extra cash off a dying franchise?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Opinion?

An opinion I heavily disagree with -- but an opinion regardless.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 28, 2013, 10:32:41 AM
How can you call TLW, a film which logically follows after its predecessor in terms of story, a sack of shit in comparison to a movie that was almost literally pulled out of a movie studio's ass just to make extra cash off a dying franchise?
TLW logically follows nothing -- it's an ass pull all its own: OH, HEY, THERE WAS ANOTHER ISLAND GUYS LOL SEQUEL TIME. The characters are idiots, the plot is inane, and somehow the special effects are even a step down from the first one. It's just a terrible movie, through and through. Alien Resurrection has lots of terrible bits, but it also has beautiful production design, an excellent score, and Jean Pierre Jeunet's signature, whacked out style. It ends with an A-list actress making out with her mutant grandchild. At least it has a spine.

TLW, meanwhile, has gymnastics.

Quote from: Alien³ on Feb 28, 2013, 10:07:48 AM
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/7/2007/11/straightjacket2.jpg
Promeefeus mutant sperm guy: self-portrait.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: Cvalda on Feb 28, 2013, 04:56:11 PM
it's an ass pull all its own: OH, HEY, THERE WAS ANOTHER ISLAND GUYS LOL SEQUEL TIME. The characters are idiots, the plot is inane,

You must be joking.

If TLW is guilty of what you say A:R is that but on black goo acid. A:R OH, HEY, WE HAVE RIPLEY'S BLOOD, SHE'S BACK BUT A SUPERHERO. LOL SEQUEL TIME. and the plot is waaaaay more insane than TLW.

Not that the films have anything related other than cloning, genetic monsters, and things going wrong.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Never said Alien Resurrection wasn't an ass pull. Difference is it's a striking, interesting, unique ass pull.

Alien³

Alien³

First Blood

First Blood

I find myself revisting The Lost World way more than Alien Rez.

Cvalda

Cvalda

dinosrs r awesum 4eva
Spoiler
;D
[close]

Alien³

Alien³

Cvalda

Cvalda

Hey, didn't you write some ebook or something? What was it about again?

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Cvalda on Feb 28, 2013, 06:07:14 PM
dinosrs r awesum 4eva
Spoiler
;D
[close]

Deel wiff it.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: Cvalda on Feb 28, 2013, 06:12:49 PM
Hey, didn't you write some ebook or something? What was it about again?

Dinosaurs. Yeah I love them.

So what...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed