Avatar the Last Airbender..and I don't mean the cartoon!!

Started by ShadowPred, May 22, 2008, 10:47:11 PM

Author
Avatar the Last Airbender..and I don't mean the cartoon!! (Read 13,350 times)

First Blood

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jan 03, 2014, 11:26:42 PM
First of all, thread has been dead since 2011, second of all, no.

Stop shitposting.

This.

Magegg

Quote from: Aspie on Jan 04, 2014, 04:43:57 PM...that last movie dashed my hopes and dreams.
I agree much. But I think the problem was that it tried to condense a 20-episodes season into a 1 1/2 hours movie. It killed all the spirit of travelling that was basically the heart of TLA. And also it was incompetent in almost every sense.

Legend of Korra Season One, that is 14 episodes and the story is way more straightforward, could be cool in screen. I imagine something akin to Batman Begins in tone and action. But it would be better for a 2-parter film.

I think if they plan a film-exclusive movie set in the same universe and continuity that of TLA and TLoK, it could be something great. Just like Avatar Roku and Avatar Wan's stories were pretty much stand-alones and were great and very cinematic.

Maybe a movie set after Avatar Wan's story but thousand years before Avatar: The Last Airbender. It could be expanded into its very own trilogy.

The fact is, the universe itself has much multimedia potential, almost as big as a Star Wars or a Lord of The Rings.

If the creators of the show might pitch some of this, I would be in the bandwagon.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed