The alien that came from newts dad

Started by littlesprout, May 17, 2023, 02:11:57 AM

Author
The alien that came from newts dad (Read 3,108 times)

Local Trouble

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on May 28, 2023, 01:49:37 AMQuery, is The Derelict with eggs far enough from where the Nest is nuked in Aliens? Does LV-426 still have potential for Xenomorphs?

@Xenomrph ^

Xenomrph

Yes, it's behind a mountain range and a good ways from the colony.

Jonjamess

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 28, 2023, 11:04:47 PMYes, it's behind a mountain range and a good ways from the colony.
No, the movie implies the Derelict is destroyed along with the atmosphere processor and the colony. How do we know it is implied clearly? Because in Alien 3, WY is desperate to capture the dog alien and retrieve the embryo Ripley is carrying. If the Derelict was still intact they would just go there to get some Aliens instead. This is also then further confirmed with Alien Ressurection where they spend how many years trying to clone Ripley to get an Alien. Again if the Derelict was still there why would they bother doing this?

The only bit of Aliens media that states the Derelict did in fact survive the atmosphere processor explosion is the awful video game Colonial Marines which is not at all Canon.

So no the Derelict is not intact after the events of Aliens in terms of the lore.

[cancerblack]

I'm almost certain it's more than just ACM, but it's too early in the morning for me to think clearly on the subject. Either way, it's all tat and merch that suggests that, not any of the films.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Jonjamess on May 29, 2023, 07:28:29 PMSo no the Derelict is not intact after the events of Aliens in terms of the lore.

Oh, snap! :o

Eal

Eal

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on May 18, 2023, 12:37:34 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 17, 2023, 09:48:09 PMYeah but all that stuff with the huge number of marines nobody ever mentioned before makes RoP worth ignoring, frankly.

THIS.

I have yet to read/listen to RoP, but I'm put off it for this very reason. There were no marines stationed on Hadley's Hope..why would there be? Also, 'Aliens' makes it very clear that the colonists were fighting a losing battle in their last stand; evidence of small arms fire and damage from seismic survey charges. I don't recall anyone seeing evidence of explosive tip caseless standard light armoured piercing rounds from pulse rifle fire...

"And by the way...even though this has never been mentioned or implied by any of the events depicted in the films or by any of the numerous Company characters in the films...there was actually this huge operation going on between Aliens and Alien 3 that also would later conveniently fail in time for the plot of Alien 3 to happen and for this story to work." - 20th Century and writers of average Alien series novels.

Jonjamess

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 29, 2023, 07:36:09 PMI'm almost certain it's more than just ACM, but it's too early in the morning for me to think clearly on the subject. Either way, it's all tat and merch that suggests that, not any of the films.
Yeah you're right some of the comics I believe imply the Derelict survived. If we only consider the movies though its heavily implied it is destroyed at the climax of Aliens.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Jonjamess on May 29, 2023, 07:28:29 PMThe only bit of Aliens media that states the Derelict did in fact survive the atmosphere processor explosion is the awful video game Colonial Marines which is not at all Canon.
Aliens Female War has Ripley going back to it with some marines.

The first AvP PC game has you play as a marine stationed at the derelict.

Colonial Marines Technical Manual mentions a research team sent to investigate.

Aliens Infestation features it.

[cancerblack]

Female War and AVP are the ones I definitely should have remembered.

SiL

SiL

To be fair I had to double check Female War because it's been a damn while.

[cancerblack]

I was pretty into the comics (and read the books at least once each) as a kid so I feel remiss for blanking on it.

Local Trouble

For a while I feel like "but what about the derelict?" was one of the most common refrains among the fandom after Alien 3, along with "that was all just a dream, right?"  I've been arguing about it online since 1992.

[cancerblack]

I'd give you shit about that, except by this point it's only 1/3rd worse than me.

Local Trouble

I am the very model of a wasted life.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed