Full Trailer (HD)

Started by ikarop, Mar 17, 2012, 11:39:42 PM

Author
Full Trailer (HD) (Read 249,549 times)

ChrisPachi

Quote from: red_otter on Mar 19, 2012, 01:33:32 AMDo you mean the goo dripping off its mouth in the original? If so I don't completely follow - what specifically reminds you of that? Think I'm probably not getting which bit of Alien you mean.

I was thinking of the strange goo dripping upwards from the eggs in the original film.

red_otter

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 19, 2012, 01:38:12 AM
Quote from: red_otter on Mar 19, 2012, 01:33:32 AMDo you mean the goo dripping off its mouth in the original? If so I don't completely follow - what specifically reminds you of that? Think I'm probably not getting which bit of Alien you mean.

I was thinking of the strange goo dripping upwards from the eggs in the original film.

Gotcha. That makes sense now and I agree.

I also agree it's most likely nanotech.

fiveways

Quote from: Deuterium on Mar 19, 2012, 12:44:24 AM
Quote from: fiveways on Mar 19, 2012, 12:29:08 AM
I didn't hear it either.  Where is it in the trailer?

If you are talking about my ealier post, and when Janek shouts:

Spoiler
"Kill Everything...Do you copy me !!"
[close]

It occurs at 2:03 time stamp of the International Trailer -- UK.  This second trailer has been added to the original (first) post of this topic.

I ment the original trailer.  Quoted the wrong one.

Cvalda

I wish the Jockey temple looked a lot more Giger-y, like its original inspiration. Ah well :-\

r888

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 19, 2012, 01:50:58 AM

I wish the Jockey temple looked a lot more Giger-y, like its original inspiration. Ah well :-\

I hoping for that too

fiveways

Quote from: r888 on Mar 19, 2012, 01:52:35 AM

I hoping for that too

I find it has aspects of that in it.  I am glad they didn't go full "Dune" with it. 

LarsVader

I think it does!
Just 500.000 years older  :D
There is one shot from the bottom of the thing looking up where one can make out the remains of a face on top.

Lonely Universe

Hmm. I thought the fat man images were done for Dune? I think the temple looks alot like Giger's egg silo design.

Deuterium

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 19, 2012, 01:04:57 AM
I'm thinking that the small jumping things are some kind of nano-tech material.

Also reminds me of the nanotech "black goo/fuel" from District 9

LarsVader

Deuterium

DoomRulz

I'm curious to see how the Space Jockey gets to be so huge like it was in Alien.

LarsVader

LarsVader

Quote from: Deuterium on Mar 19, 2012, 01:59:38 AM
Quote from: LarsVader on Mar 19, 2012, 01:56:33 AM
I wrote something about all of this here:
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=42208.msg1287048#msg1287048
Nice post, thanks for the link.
Thanks!
I'll even throw in another sreenshot!  :D

See the connection?

Cvalda

Screenshots from the 1080P UK trailer, which oddly enough seems to have the proper color timing and finished (or "more finished") visual effects than the US (and, as someone else pointed out, also features un-color corrected blood):

If the UK gets a blood-soaked PROMETHEUS and we in the US get some sanitizied, "black" blood bullshrim, I will be one unhappy cinemagoer >:(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed