Full Trailer (HD)

Started by ikarop, Mar 17, 2012, 11:39:42 PM

Author
Full Trailer (HD) (Read 249,539 times)

silentassasin47

silentassasin47

I can't help but draw even more parallels between this and At the Mountains of Madness everytime I see the trailer.

Both stories start up with an expedition that takes the crew to a remote location (Antarctica, Zeta Reticuli II) in the hopes of learning about something primordial. Both journeys will completely change the way wee see human biology and life in the universe. However, as our characters explore this ancient, grotesque and titanic ruins, something goes wrong. Something awakens within these ruins, which poses a huge threat to the explorers.

We next learn about a race of highly advanced engineers that may or may not be a direct threat to our civilization, but the real danger lies in something THEY created. Whether in Prometheus the jockey race is actually the one that is going back to Earth with a deadly cargo or not remains to be seen, but the theme is still the same. There are far more horrifying things in the universe than Space Jockeys and Elder Gods

evolution_rex

evolution_rex

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 18, 2012, 01:17:08 AM
"They're changing" "Changing into what?"

The walls are changing... and i'm forced to echo Vicker's question. Into what?

Well, there is all the bio mechanical structures everywhere, so that might be how it grows.

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: zuzuki on Mar 18, 2012, 01:20:13 AM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 18, 2012, 01:17:08 AM
"They're changing" "Changing into what?"

The walls are changing... and i'm forced to echo Vicker's question. Into what?

Indeed into what, something seems to be moving there, but you can't make out what it is. It seems these poor bastards barely get a chance to look around those rooms and boom everything goes mental.

Now i understand why they don't advertise this as a prequel. The events in this one don't lead up i think to the ones in ALIEN. it just has some ''protagonists'' from the first movie and that's about it. quite clever of them, being able to revisit that world without milking the story format of the first movie.

I'm hoping they don't lead directly to Alien, but... 

The planet looks like it is one of the moons of Calpamos.  The ring in the background around the ship landing.  I think that ship is gonna end up being the derelict.  T

Another interesting point is that, if we believe the russian dude that said he was editing the trailer, we have no clips from the last 10 minutes.  So something interesting must happen after the jockey ship crashes.

Now, I will say it again, I don't want it to lead into Alien.  It just looks like it might.

silentassasin47

silentassasin47

Quote from: Deuterium on Mar 18, 2012, 01:27:02 AM
Okay, I will be the voice in the wilderness.  I can't say as this is a surprise...as there has been enough hints from previous interviews and quotes, but now there is no question that the premise of this film is very much based on the Von Daniken "ancient astronauts" stuff.  Heck, Holloway and Shaw confirm that at the beginning of the trailer, with all the talk of ancient artifacts and "clues", which lead them to believe that they are being given an "invitation" to visit some glorified extraterrestrial party.

I'm sure the film has the potential to be awesome...but I really am not a fan of this concedpt, because I feel it marginalizes our humanity and history.

Well.... the ancient astronauts stuff is not really anything new. It's actually part of early 20th century's sci-fi and horror, most notably in H.P. Lovecraft's stories and book where humanity is but a tiny insignificant race in a universe full of alien gods. Some of these even had a hand in engineering the species of our world. The movie does burrow some of the MODERN ancient astronauts theories but if anything you could link it more to earlier cosmic horror type of stories

mcknife

mcknife

what do you think about this image?

ice9684

ice9684

Anyone else notice the alien at 1:37

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

I think he came when he saw the trailer, too.

evolution_rex

evolution_rex

Quote from: mcknife on Mar 18, 2012, 01:30:58 AM

He got really board being all alone.  :laugh:

red_otter

red_otter

Quote from: fiveways on Mar 18, 2012, 01:20:31 AM
Quote from: red_otter on Mar 18, 2012, 01:10:39 AM
Quote from: fiveways on Mar 18, 2012, 01:06:19 AM
  Very similar feel to it [though this should actually be a good movie as event horizon is awful].

Beg to differ. Event Horizon may be flawed, but it has enough (IMO undeniable) strengths to be nowhere near awful. Apart from anything else, it was the only post-Alien-clone to actually dare to make a big-budget claustrophobic space movie with true horror elements. The production design alone was fantastic.

It is a nice looking movie if you can get over the fact they made a ship look like a gothic death trap.  I always had issue with that.  Still it is pretty. 

I still think it is a bad movie.

Then again, how many big budget films are their like that?  Event Horizon, Sunshine[which I also felt was overrated and awful], any others?  I'm drawing a blank on big budget ones....I can think of tons of cheap shitty ones....

Wow you thought Sunshine was awful?! I didn't love the last 15 minutes or so but I thought it was superb before that - easily the best of the post-Alien ripoffs. Really suspenseful, beautifully acted, well shot, good characters etc. Probably Danny boyle's best after Trainspotting; but I have to concede it wasn't hugely well-received, although I've never understood why.

Event Horizon...is a guilty pleasure for me. I totally accept it's majorly flawed, and it basically falls into cheap melodrama towards the end. But I still love so many things about it. The gothic death trap - I suppose it doesn't quite add up, but really most of the ship isn't that gothic, just the giant sphere room. And who's to say what a machine that's meant to do that WOULD look like?! Overall, too, I like the Hellraiser-style theme being brought into the Alien sub-genre a LOT.

In terms of others, no there haven't been any significant ones surprisingly. I've seen about 5 mins of Virus (with Jamie Lee-Curtis). Looked terrible and may well have been low-budget? After that, the only other similar major film I can think of is The Abyss which has elements in common but is obviously very different in certain key regards.

mcknife

mcknife

Quote from: evolution_rex on Mar 18, 2012, 01:32:35 AM
Quote from: mcknife on Mar 18, 2012, 01:30:58 AM

He got really board being all alone.  :laugh:

it reminds me the nasty sticky liquid that comes from xenomorphs mouth

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: SiL on Mar 18, 2012, 01:02:28 AM
"The Jockeys were out to get us all along!"

... really, movie? That's what you've got for us after 33 f**king years of people asking what that thing was? The footage is epic, but the plot can go f**k itself from what we just saw in the trailer.

Peter Briggs has read the script and said it sucked. I trust him.

Eva

Eva

Wanna talk about sci-fi movies that are just plain awful in every regard? Right now, Ghosts Of Mars is on TV2 Film and it's a trainwreck of suck.

I can't imagine what went through Carpenters head when he made that film...

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

I don't think this has been posted....

QuoteIn the distant future, two superpowers control Earth and fight each other for all the solar system's natural resources. When one side dispatches a team to a distant planet to terraform it for human colonization, the team discovers an indigenous race of bio-mechanoid killers.

Interesting plot to give your video, AMC. 

Who are the two superpowers?  They could be the companies (Weyland and Yutani) but I don't know if I like the idea of them being superpowers.  It's my feelings about the timeline moving too fast again.  I suppose I'm just going to accept this (slightly haunting) aspect of the story.

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: red_otter on Mar 18, 2012, 01:33:50 AM
Quote from: fiveways on Mar 18, 2012, 01:20:31 AM
Quote from: red_otter on Mar 18, 2012, 01:10:39 AM
Quote from: fiveways on Mar 18, 2012, 01:06:19 AM
  Very similar feel to it [though this should actually be a good movie as event horizon is awful].

Beg to differ. Event Horizon may be flawed, but it has enough (IMO undeniable) strengths to be nowhere near awful. Apart from anything else, it was the only post-Alien-clone to actually dare to make a big-budget claustrophobic space movie with true horror elements. The production design alone was fantastic.

It is a nice looking movie if you can get over the fact they made a ship look like a gothic death trap.  I always had issue with that.  Still it is pretty. 

I still think it is a bad movie.

Then again, how many big budget films are their like that?  Event Horizon, Sunshine[which I also felt was overrated and awful], any others?  I'm drawing a blank on big budget ones....I can think of tons of cheap shitty ones....

Wow you thought Sunshine was awful?! I didn't love the last 15 minutes or so but I thought it was superb before that - easily the best of the post-Alien ripoffs. Really suspenseful, beautifully acted, well shot, good characters etc. Probably Danny boyle's best after Trainspotting; but I have to concede it wasn't hugely well-received, although I've never understood why.

Event Horizon...is a guilty pleasure for me. I totally accept it's majorly flawed, and it basically falls into cheap melodrama towards the end. But I still love so many things about it. The gothic death trap - I suppose it doesn't quite add up, but really most of the ship isn't that gothic, just the giant sphere room. And who's to say what a machine that's meant to do that WOULD look like?! Overall, too, I like the Hellraiser-style theme being brought into the Alien sub-genre a LOT.

In terms of others, no there haven't been any significant ones surprisingly. I've seen about 5 mins of Virus (with Jamie Lee-Curtis). Looked terrible and may well have been low-budget? After that, the only other similar major film I can think of is The Abyss which has elements in common but is obviously very different in certain key regards.

If we add in the underwater thing we can get a few more flicks out of it, but they are all terrible.

I thought that sunshine was poorly written, disjointed, and the last 45 minutes were painful to watch.  It took me 3 times to finish it as I kept falling asleep.  I couldn't get into the dialog or the characters, it all felt kinda forced and awkward.

But I think that gentleman just can't write a third act.  "28 days later" had a similar issue.  Just turned to shit for the last 30 minutes.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: Eva on Mar 18, 2012, 01:42:26 AM
Wanna talk about sci-fi movies that are just plain awful in every regard? Right now, Ghosts Of Mars is on TV2 Film and it's a trainwreck of suck.

I can't imagine what went through Carpenters head when he made that film...

Cocaine is one hell of drug. I heard he was doing it when he made that movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed