I hate Alien Covenant

Started by GetThat81, Aug 11, 2023, 02:40:44 AM

Author
I hate Alien Covenant (Read 10,704 times)

GetThat81

GetThat81

Am I the only one who hates Alien: Covenant with a passion?

I hate the fact that the android David destroyed a nation of space jockeys in a scene and also created the xenomorph species.

It's like Alien: Covenant wanted to make David as the focus of the Alien franchise instead of the xenomorphs and the Space Jockeys.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Am I the only one who loves Alien: Covenant with a passion?

I love the fact that the android David destroyed a nation of space jockeys in a scene and also created the xenomorph species.

It's like Alien: Covenant wanted to make David as the focus of this particular film instead of the xenomorphs and the Space Jockeys.

bobby brown

bobby brown

I hate Prometheus more. Covenant is still a fun sci-fi movie.
but dude, you don't need to hate it. just DISREGARD it.

oduodu

oduodu

No I Dont Hate It. Just Wasn T The Direction I Was Hoping The Franchise Would Take.

I Consider The Prequel Series As A "Could Be" . Head Canon. Even If It Is Mc(Main Canon). To Me The Space Jockey Is An Alien Being Dead On An Alien Space Ship Both  Of  Unknown Origin. 

It No Longer Bother S Me That The Space Jockey Is Something Else Now.

I Can Still Enjoy Both Prequel Films For The Possibilities They Represent But In A Slightly Diminished Way For Covenant.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 11, 2023, 02:41:32 AMAm I the only one who loves Alien: Covenant with a passion?

I love the fact that the android David destroyed a nation of space jockeys in a scene and also created the xenomorph species.

It's like Alien: Covenant wanted to make David as the focus of this particular film instead of the xenomorphs and the Space Jockeys.

Preach 'em, brother !

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: bobby brown on Aug 11, 2023, 05:49:12 AMI hate Prometheus more. Covenant is still a fun sci-fi movie.
but dude, you don't need to hate it. just DISREGARD it.
I also hate more Prometheus than Covenant. Covenant at least has his good things and nice ideas, Prometheus lacks of all that. Prometheus was wrong and it was a failure since the moment that Ridley decided to not to do an full Alien prequel

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: GetThat81 on Aug 11, 2023, 02:40:44 AMAm I the only one who hates Alien: Covenant with a passion?

No, it seems plenty of people do.

QuoteI hate the fact that the android David destroyed a nation of space jockeys in a scene and also created the xenomorph species.

Cool. I thought it was an impressive scene. I'm also not sure those were space jockeys as such, and there's probably a lot of xenomorph species, I think you mean The Alien.

QuoteIt's like Alien: Covenant wanted to make David as the focus of the Alien franchise instead of the xenomorphs and the Space Jockeys.

Yes, it feels like Ridley wanted to focus on that stuff. It was a fun movie.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I'll always consider the bigger offense (and it had many offenses) to be Prometheus making the Space Jockey's tall blue skinned humans (rather than biological/technological 15 foot constructs like was implied in the original movie) who grunt like kids on the spectrum over David creating the Alien.  David was also much more interesting in Covenant than he was in Prometheus. 

To me Prometheus f**king killed the movies.  Covenant tried to get some of the magic back, but it just wasn't enough to save the series final revolution down the drain. 

Covenant was mediocre overall film with some cool sequences and visuals.  Prometheus was f**king trash.  Not the little waste bin you have under your desk you throw wadded up pieces of paper in, but the whole outside rolling bin.  Maybe even the whole landfill. 

I am merely responding to this post, so people don't think Prometheus is an OK film.  >:(

Samhain13

Samhain13

Ridley just loves David, its his movie, he is the star, I like some of the symbolism David story can have but nah I'm more interested in the Alien.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Indeed.

David should've been a major subplot.  Not the main plot. 

David Weyland

David Weyland

You could argue that Covenant following Prometheus was on a trilogy/multiple film story arc.
You couldn't have a creature that don't speak as the main protagonist to bridge the narrative, be awful dull after awhile

Samhain13

Samhain13

David just wanted a willy

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Why couldn't they just make Fifield the main character?

SiL

SiL

Too colourful. Only straight-laced characters live in these movies.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It is frankly f**king criminal what they did with all that talent in Prometheus.

Rafe Spall's an amazing dramatic actor in White Christmas where he conveys horror in a gut wrenching way. Sean Harris' also amazing alongside Fassy in Macbeth and in The Stranger.

Logan Marshall-Green in Upgrade's maybe the best example of this, his performance quality's night and day with Prommy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed