The Predator Filming Additional Scenes in March

Started by ThePredatorUK, Feb 02, 2018, 09:03:31 PM

Author
The Predator Filming Additional Scenes in March (Read 92,032 times)

D88M

Great, yet more reshoots, yet more delays. They must be really insecure about their work, the least we can expect is that the reshoots are not awfully obvious like it has been the trend in the blockbuster with also senseless reshoots. If i have zero expectations about this, everytime we get news like this my interest declines more and more.

Hollywood

Quote from: D88M on Mar 14, 2018, 09:27:05 PM
Great, yet more reshoots, yet more delays. They must be really insecure about their work, the least we can expect is that the reshoots are not awfully obvious like it has been the trend in the blockbuster with also senseless reshoots. If i have zero expectations about this, everytime we get news like this my interest declines more and more.

What are you talking about? These are the same reshoots announced at the beginning of February and they're a normal, regular part of the filming process.

Stealth_Hunter

ace is always on top of the social media stuff!  Thanks dude! ;)

SiL

Quote from: Hollywood on Mar 14, 2018, 09:31:23 PM
Quote from: D88M on Mar 14, 2018, 09:27:05 PM

What are you talking about? These are the same reshoots announced at the beginning of February and they're a normal, regular part of the filming process.
Three weeks of reshoot with the main unit isn't a normal part (although is, these days, increasingly regular). Typically shoots done during post production are pickups to collect little bits and pieces that were missing that are needed for the edit to work better, and are usually done with a second unit. Getting the Director back for three weeks of reshoot means they're changing some fairly substantial chunks.

Or Shane Black doesn't like second unit :p

ace3g

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgUqpKaj0pA/?hl=en&taken-by=bonafideblack

bonafideblack I need the supertechnocrane for the shot 📸: @zacharywanzz

BigDaddyJohn

The test screening probably had some effect on the decision makers at Fox...

Jigsaw85

Wouldn't it be funny if the test screening reactions were so bad that all these reshoots basically changed the whole film like Solo? I would laugh my ass off if the official synopsis got released and it read "an elite rescue squad has been sent to Columbia to save a group of a hostages, while, unbeknownst to them, are being hunted by an unseen enemy."

Hollywood

Thanks for the info, SiL! It's funny I was just listening to a Collider podcast yesterday where they were discussing the concerns fans get when they hear the word "reshoot."

I've adopted Christian Harloff's mentality when he said "It's broken record stuff for people who are brand new to hearing about this. Reshoots are part of a film shoot, it happens every single time. Now, sometimes they're more elaborate than other times, sometimes it's like 'oh my God they reshoot 90%!' That's an issue. 'They shot 5%,' well that's normal, you know. Taking notes from the audience - also very normal. They do that for test screenings...because they want your notes at the very end of it, as a fan, and if so many peoole are saying the same thing, then the studios are going to listen."

He never mentions first or second unit stuff though. The video is the Collider movie talk episode titled "Is Fantastic Beasts 2 Hiding Johnny Depp?" And his part of the discussion starts at 14:50.

As for the amount they're changing, I doubt you could redo the film so much in 3 weeks. You can change significant aspects, sure, like the ending or replacing certain moments in certain scenes.

BigDaddyJohn

I guess they totally can tune down the humour, i wouldn't be surprised at all if they did.

Huggs

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Mar 15, 2018, 07:51:56 PM
Wouldn't it be funny if the test screening reactions were so bad that all these reshoots basically changed the whole film like Solo? I would laugh my ass off if the official synopsis got released and it read "an elite rescue squad has been sent to Columbia to save a group of a hostages, while, unbeknownst to them, are being hunted by an unseen enemy."

Or "a film crew lost in Columbia is pursued by a stuntman who suffers a psychotic break while still in his creature costume".  ;D

whiterabbit

3 weeks of re shoots means something isn't right and they're putting an effort in fixing that. Keeping positive.

Hollywood

How long do reshoots usually last?

Whos_Nick

They are probably adding more character stuff or changing an action sequence. 3 weeks isn't super long but it's more than average.

dallevalle

you get reshoots on every movie it's very normal.

whiterabbit

Yea but this late in the game and with the first unit isn't that common.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed