Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 842,642 times)

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Kill the Irishman aka Bulletproof Gangster (2011)
Second viewing since the release. Lot better than I remembered. Has all the elements of a good crime movie.

Public Enemies (2009)
Also better than I remembered. Just not big on the ending but it's based on reality, so yeah.

Gas Pump Girls (1979)
Something about female graduates trying to save a local gas pump with the help of a greaser gang. At least that's what I remember.

Huggs

Huggs

End of days (4/5)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Beowulf (2007)

I think the story works as an interesting, subversive take on the original legend. I do think that the original intention of shooting in live action with Roger Avary directing might have been better, though.

Candyman (2021)

So this is really goddamn good and great complement to the original.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Fracture (2007)
Anthony Hopkins is so great in this one.
Only wish they bad guy got away with it.
And personally, it's hard to take the cop serious because he also was in Mafia! (1998).

The Deer Hunter (1978)
First viewing ever.
A tad long but quite good. Like it, don't love it, but there's certainly a lot of greatness to it.
Probably packed a bigger punch when the Vietnam war was more recent.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I guess The Deer Hunter was controversial because apparently Russian Roulette wasn't really a thing in Vietnam during the war.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Aug 30, 2021, 04:21:15 AM
The Deer Hunter (1978)
First viewing ever.
A tad long but quite good. Like it, don't love it, but there's certainly a lot of greatness to it.
Probably packed a bigger punch when the Vietnam war was more recent.

Longest wedding on film!

Huggs

Huggs

The Courier (3/5)

The Thing (5/5)

426Buddy

426Buddy

A Quiet Place 2 (3/5)

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Fast & The Furious 9 (2021) director's cut, almost 2h30m
Better than I expected. Loved how they totally quit caring and went over the top without giving a f.
Gonna be hard to top the next one. Maybe it's time to change into the M.A.S.K. franchise, or merge with Transformers.

Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 30, 2021, 11:39:54 AM
I guess The Deer Hunter was controversial because apparently Russian Roulette wasn't really a thing in Vietnam during the war.

Or because they showed it so explicit.
Anyway, the Russian Roulette hostage situation is a such a classic movie scene.

Quote from: Prez on Aug 30, 2021, 11:42:12 PM
Longest wedding on film!

True!  :D

Stitch

Stitch

Saint Ange/House of Voices
Interesting horrir/thriller which is more arthouse than your expect from the poster. Titled House of Voices, it has a poster streaked in blood and with all the stereotypical tropes of the haunted house genre. It's way more subtle than that.

Wysps

Wysps

A Fish Called Wanda.  I've always enjoyed Kevin Kline's performance in that.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: Wysps on Aug 31, 2021, 02:04:52 PM
A Fish Called Wanda.  I've always enjoyed Kevin Kline's performance in that.

His performance in the thriller "Consenting Adults" is excellent too.

Stitch

Stitch

Giallo

I don't know whether this is supposed to be leaning into the stereotypes and be super stylised, or not. Considering it's a Dario Argento film, and the title itself, I'm guessing maybe it is.

It almost feels like a comedy skit send up of serial killer movies, but then it goes dark and grim.

I'm not sure whether if recommend it or not.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Nosferatu (1922)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Shadow of the Vampire

I think this movie is peak Malkovich. "I don't think we need the writer anymore." "I don't expect you to understand, and I am loathe to admit it myself, but yes, the writer is necessary." :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed