Pretty good
48 (20.6%)
Meh....
23 (9.9%)
Hated it.
7 (3%)

Total Members Voted: 233

Author
Green Band Trailer Officially Released! (Read 90,937 times)

harlequinade

Quote from: Infected on Mar 01, 2017, 12:19:05 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Mar 01, 2017, 12:11:01 PM
Those are petrified aliens, even in the other set pics you could see "something" that was not an engineer. The petrified look could be, well I would assume it was from an engineers doomsday cure for the black goo, should something go awry. If they have the power to create they surely have the power to destroy.

Still doesn't any one find the similarities between the city and the temples on lv-223 interesting. They look the same aside from rocks in Prometheus there is petrified engineers in Covenant. Same round dome, wall, statues... almost like a time warp.

You mean this? you can see two things in this, one: the rapid infection of the black goo dropped on them and attacking each other before being totally obliterated by it.
Two: a xeno head type engineer (if you choose to ignore the arm of the engineer)

oh...yeah I can't ignore the arm now:)

whiterabbit

I can't help but think avatar, alien style when I see that tail. Almost as if it was done on purpose. :P

Evanus

So when does the red-band trailer arrive?

HuDaFuK

We already had one.

Evanus

Yes, but I thought there was going to be a new one..?

HuDaFuK

No idea. I'd assumed this was the one being shown with Logan and therefore is the new trailer that's been promised.

Walter

aliennaire

Quote from: Infected on Mar 01, 2017, 12:02:45 PM
...and the focus is gonna be on David, so pulling out that conclusion it might seem to head towards David being the creator of it all,
wich is for most fans the worst case scenario of the whole engineer/jockey mystery.
Straying away from the Space Jockey mystery is what undermined - to a certain level - the story told in Prometheus to me. Arriving at the 'David's creatures and where to find them' type of story five years later might be even more unsatisfying.

Don't get me wrong, it's fascinating to explore how someone with the mind, completely different from yours, ticks and Fassbender has given so much 'flesh' to his role. However hinging the plot around the android and using him as a link between two movies outstrips the significance of other characters together, being used mainly for body countdown effect. Wasn't so hyped about Shaw, but I still hope we either see her at some point alive or learn she had a decent end.

Great trailer by the way! Even the flexible dorsal tubes are growing on me- this way Alien can move nimbly without breaking them or getting stuck in the places where it cannot fit :-)

harlequinade

The CGI of Alien is fine but that of her, when you see it in gif form... O_o

aliennaire

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 01, 2017, 12:49:57 PM
We already had one.
Yes, we've got the green-band one. The red is presumably going to be aired tomorrow  ;)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 01, 2017, 12:51:58 PM
No idea. I'd assumed this was the one being shown with Logan and therefore is the new trailer that's been promised.

There's a green and red version of this one. Presumably it'll come online later today when it was originally intended to.

Ferengo

Loved the movement of the Alien in the corridor, really frightening. I think this looks a lot better than the previous trailer.

Also I did think the dialog that was given at the end of Last Supper and again at the start of this trailer sounded far more polished than what we saw in Last Supper. So not surprised to see it make an appearance here.

So far, liking what I'm seeing.

Beardomorph

This confirms it. http://digitalcinema.bydeluxe.com/site/dlxportal/docs/TrailMix_by_Deluxe-_WK_9_US.pdf

Although I can't imagine more than a couple of seconds of footage differing from the green band trailer, if the Logan trailers are any indication of the differences.

Rankles75

So, how did David get a new body again? 😉

hfeldhaus

Has the trailer been screencapped fully yet?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed