Pretty good
48 (20.6%)
Meh....
23 (9.9%)
Hated it.
7 (3%)

Total Members Voted: 233

Author
Green Band Trailer Officially Released! (Read 90,935 times)

dcsat

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Mar 01, 2017, 03:47:12 AM
Someone in the wheat field was being 'hugged, I think?

Yep, if you slow it down you can see it's another facehugger shot.

For those who are interested, at around the 2:16 mark there's a full body reveal of the xeno.

echobbase79

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Mar 01, 2017, 03:56:15 AM
Quote from: SiL on Mar 01, 2017, 01:25:55 AM
Better than the first trailer.

Alien effects are hopefully far from finished.

I agree. Probably the best, so far. Lots of interesting stuff.

'Neomorph' design is underwhelming. It's basically a Deacon with a thin tail and Caucasian human skin.

Alien looks a bit fake, even down to the dorsal tubes moving in a rubbery way when it's leaping through that duct. The speed is good to see, but as others have pointed out, while skinny, it seems to be missing the biomechanical detail of he original. The eye sockets are back, but for some reason they've been narrowed, which make it look grumpy - the original circular sockets were more nightmarish.

I agree, but I was wondering do you think it's still in the process of molting?

salomonj

Quote from: echobbase79 on Mar 01, 2017, 03:55:35 AM
Quote from: salomonj on Mar 01, 2017, 03:45:29 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Mar 01, 2017, 03:40:01 AM
Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Mar 01, 2017, 03:36:21 AM
Quote from: CainsSon on Mar 01, 2017, 03:33:57 AM
This looks intense! My only hope is that the film doesn't show the Alien much more than it does here, or it could lose its suspense. And that suspense is what made the Alien films great. From the looks of things Ridley got that suspense back with this.

I'm thinking that they showed so much of the classic Xeno here because they're gonna reveal something else for later in the film and I don't mean the Neomorph.
Exactly, if no one noticed, there was a second face huger in the trailer.
Meaning a second Xeno?

Another member from the board told me that there's
Spoiler
three or four Aliens in the movie. That probably includes the Neomorph.
[close]
Interesting... I wonder if it only showed the same one in the trailer or they were different Xenomorph's in each shot.

echobbase79

I guessing different ones.

Chris!(($$))!

After all the negativity since AvPR would be more accurate. :D

Circadian

Holy f**king shit , it looks f**king amazing!!

This trailer is markedly improved from the first one.

Yeah, I'm touching myself tonight. ;D

Born Of Cold Light

0:32 Wall-E

JokersWarPig

Holy shit

Honestly the Xeno's haven't been scary since Aliens, but Jesus if that one at the end didn't just give them their balls back I don't know what will.

That's how they should be, agile and aggressive.

Nostromo

Nostromo

I liked the first trailer much better, loved it actually. This one has a bit too much cheeso CGI for me with Alien3 and Res/AVP style Aliens. Also, never thought of an Alien on a jungle planet was a good idea or setting. Love the interior of the bases and space ship though. Thought I'd love this new trailer but CGI aliens and daytime jungle scenes (nothing scary or unique) made me vote Meh. I'm sure (I hope now) the movie will be better.

salomonj

Is it possible...

Spoiler
The dead body that David is operating on is Shaw? I don't know how to upload pictures but I zoomed in and the body does not at all look like a engineer, but rather a female human
[close]

newbeing

I vote meh. Nothing in the trailer I hated, but we pretty underwhelmed, by what I saw. It's ALIENS in the woods from what I can tell. No sense of wonder or mystery. People go down find xenos, they die, the end. Some new xenos are thrown in the mix for variety. I understand wanting to give people what they felt Prometheus was lacking, but this feels like they've swung the pendulum too far in the other direction and removed the grander story for more Alien action.
Of course this is only a trailer. Could be the movie is entirely different from what the trailer is selling, I'm just not into this so far. Doesn't feel ALIEN to me.

echobbase79

Quote from: salomonj on Mar 01, 2017, 04:28:06 AM
Is it possible...

Spoiler
The dead body that David is operating on is Shaw? I don't know how to upload pictures but I zoomed in and the body does not at all look like a engineer, but rather a female human
[close]

I torn on this. It's either that or someone else from the crew.

newagescamartist

I could see the film building up the reveal of a monster we haven't even heard of yet. They're already promoting this new series as going through hell to reach paradise, that implies that there is a devil at the end of the journey. Whether that ends up being David, Shaw, xeno, or something else entirely, who knows. I haven't watched the trailer, but it sounds like there is a ton of footage of the xeno. This tells me there is something else they're hiding.

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: salomonj on Mar 01, 2017, 04:28:06 AM
Is it possible...

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
It looks like something that is gonna be detailed in post.  By the size of the frame and the shape of the legs either it is a female from the ship or Shaw.  Sad, killing major characters off-screen is a major pet peeve of mine and I think is really lame writing.  If the character is worth spending a film exploring they deserve an on-screen death.
[close]

So much was lost in the original leaked version.  Lots of little things.  Now, yeah, I still don't know what i think of it.  I said earlier I'm in the minority that actually wanted Prometheus 2.  I love the ship and the engineer suits lining the walls.  I like their world, and I wish we had more of a chance to explore it.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: newbeing on Mar 01, 2017, 04:28:58 AM
I vote meh. Nothing in the trailer I hated, but we pretty underwhelmed, by what I saw. It's ALIENS in the woods from what I can tell. No sense of wonder or mystery. People go down find xenos, they die, the end. Some new xenos are thrown in the mix for variety. I understand wanting to give people what they felt Prometheus was lacking, but this feels like they've swung the pendulum too far in the other direction and removed the grander story for more Alien action.
Of course this is only a trailer. Could be the movie is entirely different from what the trailer is selling, I'm just not into this so far. Doesn't feel ALIEN to me.
Hey there, you sound like my clone. Seriously though as a diehard Alien (Favorite movie ever) & Aliens (mostly for the scenery, acting & story in Aliens) I thought the exact same thing about the forest scenery bringing absolutely no wonder or mystery. If the movie turns out bad this will prove that the original 2 writers and Giger were more responsible for the success of Alien than Ridley Scott. A forest and CGI jumping Aliens...woopieeffin doo.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed