Pretty good
48 (20.6%)
Meh....
23 (9.9%)
Hated it.
7 (3%)

Total Members Voted: 233

Author
Green Band Trailer Officially Released! (Read 90,468 times)

Sgt. Shanx

Quote from: Xeno_from_Chino on Mar 03, 2017, 05:52:04 AM
The trailer was okay. but like others posted, not a fan of the Alien CGI in the trailer. It looks totally fake with no sense of realism. A man in a suit and animatronic puppeteers just seem to work best for the Alien. I think that's a lot of the reason why Alien and Aliens were the best Alien movies. They actually looked real on screen.

The Alien in this trailer almost looks like a downgrade of the CGI used in Alien Resurrection. As a long time alien fan for decades, watching this preview lessened my excitement for this movie. I hope the alien isn't CGI in most of the appearances in this film. If so, that'll ruin it. CGI just doesn't work for aliens. Way too fake looking.
respect...but imo the aliens look good in the trailer with cgi...they look much more dangerous and aggressive with the cgi highlighting how fast and agile they are...you cant achieve that with puppets, animatronics, or a guy in a suit...the models in "alien" and "aliens" were really good for that time period plus those were just really great movies, plot, and characters...i guess if its done right in certain shots but to see the creatures in thier full glory head to tail moving and attacking...cgi seems the way to go

Dangerous Days

Quote from: shawsbaby on Mar 03, 2017, 02:16:09 PM
We know that Daniels is also there as well. She could plausibly be the one witnessing the Xeno trying to smash through the glass. When it looks up and snarls in that final shot, good chance it's at Daniels.

Yeah, your probably right... Damn! We need some more context. May can't come soon enough.

Quote from: MajorB on Mar 03, 2017, 02:12:28 PM
Ridley thinks the Big Chap's design is no longer scary, so it makes sense to me that he's no longer filming it in a "scary" way. The shot in the trailer is designed to emphasize the new xeno's massive, intimidating size, like it's the film's bruiser villain. Compare the adult neomorph shots, filmed at night with quick cuts. Those are supposed to be scary.

The shower scene in the original trailer, with its hunting camera, looked as if Scott was trying to present the alien in a more traditional horror way. Time will tell I guess.

OmarVel1692

Actually watching the gif of the xeno over and over again...it looks like a combination of practical and cgi...specially in the dome

https://s13.postimg.org/bzziiph8n/Xenomorph3.gif

MajorB

Quote from: Dangerous Days on Mar 03, 2017, 03:13:57 PM

Ridley thinks the Big Chap's design is no longer scary, so it makes sense to me that he's no longer filming it in a "scary" way. The shot in the trailer is designed to emphasize the new xeno's massive, intimidating size, like it's the film's bruiser villain. Compare the adult neomorph shots, filmed at night with quick cuts. Those are supposed to be scary.

The shower scene in the original trailer, with its hunting camera, looked as if Scott was trying to present the alien in a more traditional horror way. Time will tell I guess.

I'm not convinced that they're the same creature.

Russ840

Quote from: MajorB on Mar 03, 2017, 05:16:49 PM

What makes you say that ? 

MajorB

Quote from: Russ840 on Mar 03, 2017, 05:47:36 PM
Quote from: MajorB on Mar 03, 2017, 05:16:49 PM

What makes you say that ?

The xeno on top of the ship is just so damn huge!

NickisSmart

Quote from: MajorB on Mar 03, 2017, 05:54:23 PM

The xeno on top of the ship is just so damn huge!

He's like a man. He's big!

Adorianu

"The xeno on top of the ship is just so damn huge!"

He is not that huge,its camera angle.

426Buddy

426Buddy

If I'm not mistaken the alien was always suppose do to be a bit bigger than an average man, 7-8 ft I believe. The other films tried camera tricks to make the creature seem taller but it wasn't always succesful.

echobbase79

Quote from: SM on Mar 03, 2017, 04:42:49 AM
They're decent in some shots, as ropey as the Alien3 puppet in others.

Yeah, the underwater stuff was good. It was the ladder scene that I thought the effects looked pretty suspect.

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: Adorianu on Mar 03, 2017, 06:07:06 PM

"The xeno on top of the ship is just so damn huge!"

He is not that huge,its camera angle.
Perhaps you are right, but he seemed quite large to me as well.

prometheusfire08

prometheusfire08

ugh...... the cgi Alien looked worse than a lot of the special effects used in the space hunter movie

fraggle rock has more realism than this garbage , at least in fraggle rock you could believe in the creatures and the atmosphere ........ can't believe Scott greenlit that downgraded , completely unrealistic and pathetic creature

total loss of faith in my entire adulthood moving forward from this point .

honestly the worst thing to ever come from the " mind " of a human being .........

bring back the ballet dancers in rubber suits if you ask me .

DERP

One thing bothers me the most:

Crews not wearing helmets. How could they think there won't be any airborne microbes which could infect them? I mean they'll scan the atmosphere just like the crews did in Alien and Prometheus and say 'hey! There's  oxygen, nitrogen, traces of Argon gas, just like Earth, so let's step out with no helmets on!'. And there were really those spore things which infects the crews, didn't it?

I mean Prometheus had the crews remove their helmet which passed off lot of people despite there weren't any airborne infections. But why repeat the same mistake just to advance the plot? Didn't the writers ever read audience's comments of concerns for Prometheus?

It diminishes the signature Alien movie treatment of crews with their helmets methodologically and cautiously exploring  a strange off-wordly planet.

Secondly, they didn't even care to make the planet a bit different than Earth! Didn't even bother to give a weirdly different designs to the trees? I mean the Engineers lived on that planet but even they were a lot different looking humanoids.

I can't get excited as it feels like they are somewhere in New Zealand forest and about to die one by one like campers going on a holiday to some cabin in the woods.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: prometheusfire08 on Mar 04, 2017, 05:09:17 AMugh...... the cgi Alien looked worse than a lot of the special effects used in the space hunter movie

fraggle rock has more realism than this garbage , at least in fraggle rock you could believe in the creatures and the atmosphere ........ can't believe Scott greenlit that downgraded , completely unrealistic and pathetic creature

total loss of faith in my entire adulthood moving forward from this point .

honestly the worst thing to ever come from the " mind " of a human being .........

:laugh: Ridiculous overreaction much...

Russ840

Yeah I'm. It seeing "bad CGI" that others are seeing. It's looks good to me. Looks like some refinements could be made and likely will.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: prometheusfire08 on Mar 04, 2017, 05:09:17 AM
DERP

One thing bothers me the most:

Crews not wearing helmets. How could they think there won't be any airborne microbes which could infect them? I mean they'll scan the atmosphere just like the crews did in Alien and Prometheus and say 'hey! There's  oxygen, nitrogen, traces of Argon gas, just like Earth, so let's step out with no helmets on!'. And there were really those spore things which infects the crews, didn't it?

I mean Prometheus had the crews remove their helmet which passed off lot of people despite there weren't any airborne infections. But why repeat the same mistake just to advance the plot? Didn't the writers ever read audience's comments of concerns for Prometheus?

It diminishes the signature Alien movie treatment of crews with their helmets methodologically and cautiously exploring  a strange off-wordly planet.

Secondly, they didn't even care to make the planet a bit different than Earth! Didn't even bother to give a weirdly different designs to the trees? I mean the Engineers lived on that planet but even they were a lot different looking humanoids.

I can't get excited as it feels like they are somewhere in New Zealand forest and about to die one by one like campers going on a holiday to some cabin in the woods.

The sea is filled with bacteria and viruses and all manner of microbes.

Why aren't beach goers dying in droves or showing any signs of infection?

Because those microbes didn't evolve to infect us.

An infectious disease co-evolves with us. The zoonotic diseases come from animals we have most contact with.

Swine flu, bird flu, Mad Cow Disease, Toxoplasmosis (from rats and cats) and AIDS (brought to us by our very closest natural relatives) etc etc.

Native Americans were infected by diseases brought from fellow humans to their lands.

Microbes on another world won't even notice us at first, it'll take generations upon generations before any mutations occur to allow infections.

The reason those spores infected the colonists is because these are designed to infect humans.

Same for why Aliens can gestate in humans, because they're designed to infect humans.

And if they're designed to infect us, that means they are also designed to infect Engineers due to their similarities to us physically and genetically. Their stuff is designed to infect anything they've created so that means all Earth life is fair game.

I really don't understand this argument, just because the Martians in War of the Worlds died from a sneeze, doesn't mean it actually always happens in real life. In fact, the Martians lived in sterile environments and had no immune system. Humans have an immune system so we'll be fine until one of the xeno-bacteria adapts to us and begins infecting which again will take time, it's not going to happen in one breath of fresh air.

Hell, the reason we're concerned about contamination on other worlds is because we're worried about bringing our own bacteria to a sensitive environment that could be an invasive species.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed