Curious facts about yourself

Started by OmegaZilla, Oct 27, 2010, 01:42:59 PM

Author
Curious facts about yourself (Read 436,222 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

It somehow irks me when 'Gojira' is abbreviated into 'Goji'. Dunno why.

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: r888 on Oct 17, 2011, 05:45:30 AM
I wish the avengers were real sometimes

That would be scary and awesome at the same time.

Old people hate me and I think are trying to kill me.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I'd have to say that based on the most number of games played of a franchise the video game franchises I'm a fan of are...

Star Wars:

- Star Wars: Pod Racer
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
- Star Wars: Battle for Naboo
- Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2: Rogue Leader
- Star Wars: Clone Wars
- Star Wars Rogue Squadron 3: Rebel Strike
- Star Wars: Battlefront
- Star Wars: Battlefront 2
- Star Wars: Bounty Hunter
- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Call of Duty:

- Call of Duty
- Cal of Duty: Finest Hour
- Call of Duty 2: Big Red One
- Call of Duty 2
- Call of Duty 3
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
- Call of Duty: World at War
- Modern Warfare 2
- Call of Duty: Black Ops

Halo:

- Halo: Combat Evolved
- Halo 2
- Halo 3
- Halo: Reach

Alien/Predator/AvP:

- Alien vs Predator
- Alien vs Predator 2
- Alien vs Predator 2: Primal Hunt
- Alien vs Predator: Extinction
- Predator: Concrete Jungle
- Aliens vs Predator (2010)

Medal of Honor:

- Medal of Honor: Frontlines
- Medal of Honor: Rising Sun
- Medal of Honor: European Assault
- Medal of Honor: Airborne

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

My crippling sense of guilt compels me to beat myself up over decades on incidents.
I can apparently forgive everyone except myself.
To have a healthy amount of guilt is a good thing as you learn from it, but this is too much.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Sometimes I have moments where I just don't feel like doing anything. It's like my subconscious tells me to sit back down and be a lazy slob. I feel as though at some point I'm going to just let life pass me by without doing anything that matters. I also feel like everything I want to do or make will never be finished or started. Then I'll just be in a shitty mood for a few minutes or even hours.

Anyone else ever felt like this?

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

It is called procrastination.
Everyone does it every so often. I have been doing it all day. Explains why it took me three hours to write a five page double spaced paper.

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: King Rathalos on Nov 29, 2011, 12:04:09 AM
Sometimes I have moments where I just don't feel like doing anything. It's like my subconscious tells me to sit back down and be a lazy slob. I feel as though at some point I'm going to just let life pass me by without doing anything that matters. I also feel like everything I want to do or make will never be finished or started. Then I'll just be in a shitty mood for a few minutes or even hours.

Anyone else ever felt like this?

I wouldn't get too hung up on it. As the mono said, it's procrastination and it's very common. Too many people get hung up on doing something meaningful with their lives or doing something that matters. Generally this is purely to serve their own ego as opposed to actually doing something good. Enjoy your life and try not to take it too seriously. Indulge in the things you like and as long as you are not doing anything wrong by anyone else, be a lazy slob. Just be sure to shower regularly if you ever plan on getting laid.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I love my Irish tunes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySGDN4Xl2Rs#

This is real music.

AliceApocalypse

I used play in a women's Ultimate Frisbee team.  During the off season some of us from the team used to put on our cleats and play paintball  to stay in shape  :-[

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Oct 24, 2011, 03:56:19 PM
It somehow irks me when 'Gojira' is abbreviated into 'Goji'. Dunno why.

I've never heard that. But it WOULD irk me too. Then again there aren't many tangible folk in my life that I can have a conversation about Godzilla with, (or Alien/Predator/SpaceJockeys) without their eyes glazing over.

In that same vein ... for some reason it irks me when people refer to a pregnant woman as being 'preggers.' Just seems derogatory to me.

Quote from: TheMonolith on Nov 29, 2011, 12:00:53 AM
My crippling sense of guilt compels me to beat myself up over decades on incidents.

You wouldn't happen to be Catholic would ya?

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Nov 30, 2011, 05:23:53 PM
I used play in a women's Ultimate Frisbee team.  During the off season some of us from the team used to put on our cleats and play paintball  to stay in shape  :-[

Ultimate Frisbee? How is that different from standard Frisbee? Are the freebees shaped like ban saw blades and explode when dropped? Hicks plays paint ball too. You guys should meet halfway and have a skirmish. Bring your scuba gear though.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Haha!

Hicks competes in Airsoft, and his BBs aren't' biodegradable either! (Save the planet, bro!)  ;)

Would still be fun to see a clash between the two.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Despite what my forum activity shows I am actually quite. Not in terms of volume but if you have played those AvP2010 game nights when I was there you would notice you wouldn't hear a word from me. I have a mic but I chose not to use it. I am reserved, the strong silent type... those last 4 words I heard from somewhere...

I'm used to it on xbox live especially.  ;D

They ask if I have a mic, I reply with silence.

I kick lots of ass, they praise my actions, I reply with silence.

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Nov 30, 2011, 05:40:13 PM
Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Nov 30, 2011, 05:23:53 PM

Ultimate Frisbee? How is that different from standard Frisbee? Are the freebees shaped like ban saw blades and explode when dropped?

Ultimate Frisbee is an actual sport, with games and leagues.  It's like soccer, in fact we use the same fields. 
http://www.usaultimate.org/index.html
You should try it  :laugh: once we had a "diving for the frisbee" training day in the rain on a polo field.

Paintball was fun with the running & ducking, but I didn't like all the bruises it left.  Also, someone was using tournament balls on the regular field once and that orange dye took a week to get out of my hair.  Yuck.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I like to dance.

Bat Chain Puller

Okay that does look like fun. I watched some videos
Spoiler
and it just looks like a blast. I'll have to look around locally and get involved. I was thinking about learning stick fighting, but this looks more entertaining if not more therapeutic that beating the hell out of someone with a stick.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed