New Alien Covenant Poster!

Started by SuicideDoors, Mar 23, 2017, 01:01:44 PM

Author
New Alien Covenant Poster! (Read 56,988 times)

Predaker

Predaker

That is not a female engineer... I highly doubt we will ever see any, if they even exist.

As cool as the poster is, it's also a bit of a letdown knowing it isn't indicative of the film it's advertising.

Quote from: Dangerous Days on Mar 26, 2017, 04:06:23 PM
Quote from: SiL on Mar 26, 2017, 11:36:31 AM
The first film explicitly shows the Alien bleeding when hit by the harpoon gun. There was no contradiction in intention: you shoot the thing, it's shot. The end.

The film also explicitly shows the creature remaining physically intact when being hit by plasma blast from the engines of a spaceship, which obviously creates a logical contradiction with the harpoon scene. A contradiction that RS himself recognises, hence him feeling the need to explain what he would of done if he had the time and technology.

We could see the alien surfing on solar flares but if it slips on its board and gets a boo boo, then it's not indestructible. As contradictory as that may be, an injury overrides the notion of indestructibility. To say otherwise is cherry picking and ignoring fact, plain and simple. This misconception negates key elements that helped make ALIEN so great in the first place (and dumbs it way down.)

Evanus

Evanus

I think it's a female engineer, or just a really buffed up male engineers. But I doubt that, because the other ones look skinnier. It would be really stupid if there are no female engineers. Wouldn't make any sense at all.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Dangerous Days on Mar 26, 2017, 04:06:23 PM

The film also explicitly shows the creature remaining physically intact when being hit by plasma blast from the engines of a spaceship, which obviously creates a logical contradiction with the harpoon scene. A contradiction that RS himself recognises, hence him feeling the need to explain what he would of done if he had the time and technology.

Yup, as we all know, the ending wasnt originally planned and ridley had ridiculously short amount of time and budget to shoot it, and as we probably all know, he wanted the alien to explode when the engines hit it and storyboarded it that way,but there was no way a budget or time could allow that

Heres a great article on that  - https://alienseries.wordpress.com/2012/10/20/mortal-after-all/

bioweapon

bioweapon

QuoteSo you are saying engineers are xenomorphs once they are facehugged, because they use the hosts.
So therefor the xeno is part bio mechanical because the engineer suits are also bio mechanical and that would explain the skull xenomorph, its all based on an engineer suit.
And the crest on top of the jockey is some kind of king queen suit and when its facehugged or morphed into a xeno it becomes an egg laying queen.
Im not saying its possible but in a weird way it could be the answer to it all, but wouldnt Ridey retcon every movie with this?

Dont know. I just saw similarities and the size reminded me of

Infected

Infected

Quote from: bioweapon on Mar 26, 2017, 08:27:17 PM

QuoteSo you are saying engineers are xenomorphs once they are facehugged, because they use the hosts.
So therefor the xeno is part bio mechanical because the engineer suits are also bio mechanical and that would explain the skull xenomorph, its all based on an engineer suit.
And the crest on top of the jockey is some kind of king queen suit and when its facehugged or morphed into a xeno it becomes an egg laying queen.
Im not saying its possible but in a weird way it could be the answer to it all, but wouldnt Ridey retcon every movie with this?

Dont know. I just saw similarities and the size reminded me of
Yes i know it cant be unseen that it looks a lot like the eyes of the original derelict jockey.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: zoidy on Mar 26, 2017, 07:16:37 PM
It's art. And its not representative.

It's pretty important to remember this too.

Quote from: Adorianu on Mar 26, 2017, 05:39:09 PM
Quote from: Evanus on Mar 26, 2017, 03:45:57 PM
Yep, I think so too. Maybe it'll be similar to the first one, but with a Neomorph instead of a Xenomorph.

I think on the first poster it was Protomorph.

While yeah, I agree Covenant's Aliens are intended to be an in-between design, I don't think they're supposed to be some completely different creature. Just another variation of the Alien in the same way that the Runner is and Resurrection's mutants are. They were simply called the Aliens behind the scenes on Covenant.

Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Mar 26, 2017, 04:22:49 PM
Quote from: Evanus on Mar 26, 2017, 03:38:16 PM
Quote from: Evanus on Mar 25, 2017, 01:21:35 PM
I edited the image so you can see the details better.  :)

::)

Anyway, I wonder if this will be the last poster. I thought they were going to do three posters in the style of the first two, but this one is very different so I don't know anymore.
I've wondered about that myself. Perhaps Hicks knows the answer?

I've no idea, I'm afraid.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 26, 2017, 09:21:48 PM

Yep, I think so too. Maybe it'll be similar to the first one, but with a Neomorph instead of a Xenomorph.

While yeah, I agree Covenant's Aliens are intended to be an in-between design, I don't think they're supposed to be some completely different creature. Just another variation of the Alien in the same way that the Runner is and Resurrection's mutants are. They were simply called the Aliens behind the scenes on Covenant.

Anyway, I wonder if this will be the last poster. I thought they were going to do three posters in the style of the first two, but this one is very different so I don't know anymore.

Haven't heard those words in a long time. :laugh:

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 26, 2017, 09:21:48 PM

Dammit Hicks, you are supposed to know these things. :laugh:

Protozoid

Protozoid

Quote from: Evanus on Mar 26, 2017, 07:53:26 PM
I think it's a female engineer, or just a really buffed up male engineers. But I doubt that, because the other ones look skinnier. It would be really stupid if there are no female engineers. Wouldn't make any sense at all.
On the blu-ray, they briefly show a document that Spaihts (?) prepared, which details the Engineers. One of the few things that can be read on the front page is that Engineers no longer reproduce asexually. I don't know if they kept that for the final film, however. I've sometimes wondered if the xenos themselves are the female Engineers, or something created to replace them. This might also explain why the last Engineer is fascinated by Shaw, although there are other possible explanations for that, too. Personally, I believe the lack of female Engineers is probably meaningful, I'm just not certain how.

Corporal Hicks

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

Awesome 8) :o

Predatorium

Predatorium

Holy moly! Hello new phone wallpaper! This is a really great Alien movie poster!

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Nice!! 8)

Enoch

Enoch

So the poster scene is not something from the movie.
Ok, but it could be indication of something from the movie.

zoidy

zoidy

How could it be indicative of something from the movie? I mean, the film has aliens in it, for sure. The rest is art.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed