New Alien Covenant Poster!

Started by SuicideDoors, Mar 23, 2017, 01:01:44 PM

Author
New Alien Covenant Poster! (Read 56,993 times)

Infected

Infected

Nice Himmel!!

If you lighten the picture, you see a little more.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Nice, infected! 8)

Infected

Infected

I see different xeno's these with very nasty teeth.

Evanus

Evanus

Quote from: Evanus on Mar 25, 2017, 01:21:35 PM
I edited the image so you can see the details better.  :)

::)

Anyway, I wonder if this will be the last poster. I thought they were going to do three posters in the style of the first two, but this one is very different so I don't know anymore.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Evanus on Mar 26, 2017, 03:38:16 PM

Anyway, I wonder if this will be the last poster. I thought they were going to do three posters in the style of the first two, but this one is very different so I don't know anymore.

I'm betting one more. :)

Evanus

Evanus

Yep, I think so too. Maybe it'll be similar to the first one, but with a Neomorph instead of a Xenomorph.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Anyone know the artist responsible for the poster??

Dangerous Days

Dangerous Days

Quote from: SiL on Mar 26, 2017, 11:36:31 AM
The first film explicitly shows the Alien bleeding when hit by the harpoon gun. There was no contradiction in intention: you shoot the thing, it's shot. The end.

The film also explicitly shows the creature remaining physically intact when being hit by plasma blast from the engines of a spaceship, which obviously creates a logical contradiction with the harpoon scene. A contradiction that RS himself recognises, hence him feeling the need to explain what he would of done if he had the time and technology.

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: Evanus on Mar 26, 2017, 03:38:16 PM

I've wondered about that myself. Perhaps Hicks knows the answer?

Anthony

Anthony

I think we'll get an IMAX poster when we get closer to release.

Alien&PredatorFanBoy

Looks awesome

Adorianu

Adorianu

Quote from: Evanus on Mar 26, 2017, 03:45:57 PM
Yep, I think so too. Maybe it'll be similar to the first one, but with a Neomorph instead of a Xenomorph.

I think on the first poster it was Protomorph.

bioweapon

bioweapon

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Mar 26, 2017, 03:02:06 PM
    DECODING THE ALIEN COVENANT POSTER IN COLOR!!     .  (By Gavin Singleton of scified)

The legend for the colors used is as follows: 
Yellow - Protomorphs (3)
Light Turquoise Blue - Xenomorphs (9)
Dark Blue - Engineers (4)
Purple - Trilobite (at least 1)
Red - Queen (at least 1)
Green - Facehuggers (2)

Quote      Some have suggested that what I have identified as the Queens crown carapace may in actuality be the body of a Trilobite. I postulate that is instead both, as the body section of the Trilobites back shares some similar markings to that of the Queens crown carapace.

You will also notice that the three Protomorphs are shown almost unobstructed and unrestrained, whereas the numerous Xenomorphs seem to be overwhelmed, with only their heads visible among the mass. Most interesting are the four engineers, the three males of which are being subjugated, two by (differing) Facehuggers, and one by the Trilobite. The female engineer (the bosom/breast is too full to be male, the upper arm is less muscular and the hand is more feminine) is the only Engineer not being attacked, though like the other three Engineers her face is obscured.

The monochrome, untreated areas are where the mystery remains. Although there is an arm visible in the top left quadrant with an accompanying rib cage, whatever this figure is meant to be has been morphed into the surrounding mass. More interesting is the pelvic shaped mass above this arm and the inhuman mass beneath the lowermost Engineer.

As for the inferred meaning of all of this one can only speculate, as the best art even that which is memorial in nature is meant to be open to the interpretation of the audience. Even when the artist is clearly depicting something identifiable the best examples of art, especially renaissance pieces can be viewed from a different perspective.

My interpretation of this piece would be that the Engineers and Xenomorphs are being subjugated by the Trilobite with the Protomorphs rising from the chaos. The Queen/Trilobites crown being displayed top and center is possibly symbolizing said creatures position in the hierarchy of the hive mass depicted, possibly inferring that the Queen is closer related to the Protomorph than the classic Xenomorph.   

http://www.alien-covenant.com/topic/43817 

Good work, I´ll give another view:

The red one is a original Space Jockey.

Infected

Infected

Quote from: bioweapon on Mar 26, 2017, 05:44:02 PM
Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Mar 26, 2017, 03:02:06 PM
    DECODING THE ALIEN COVENANT POSTER IN COLOR!!     .  (By Gavin Singleton of scified)

The legend for the colors used is as follows: 
Yellow - Protomorphs (3)
Light Turquoise Blue - Xenomorphs (9)
Dark Blue - Engineers (4)
Purple - Trilobite (at least 1)
Red - Queen (at least 1)
Green - Facehuggers (2)

Quote      Some have suggested that what I have identified as the Queens crown carapace may in actuality be the body of a Trilobite. I postulate that is instead both, as the body section of the Trilobites back shares some similar markings to that of the Queens crown carapace.

You will also notice that the three Protomorphs are shown almost unobstructed and unrestrained, whereas the numerous Xenomorphs seem to be overwhelmed, with only their heads visible among the mass. Most interesting are the four engineers, the three males of which are being subjugated, two by (differing) Facehuggers, and one by the Trilobite. The female engineer (the bosom/breast is too full to be male, the upper arm is less muscular and the hand is more feminine) is the only Engineer not being attacked, though like the other three Engineers her face is obscured.

The monochrome, untreated areas are where the mystery remains. Although there is an arm visible in the top left quadrant with an accompanying rib cage, whatever this figure is meant to be has been morphed into the surrounding mass. More interesting is the pelvic shaped mass above this arm and the inhuman mass beneath the lowermost Engineer.

As for the inferred meaning of all of this one can only speculate, as the best art even that which is memorial in nature is meant to be open to the interpretation of the audience. Even when the artist is clearly depicting something identifiable the best examples of art, especially renaissance pieces can be viewed from a different perspective.

My interpretation of this piece would be that the Engineers and Xenomorphs are being subjugated by the Trilobite with the Protomorphs rising from the chaos. The Queen/Trilobites crown being displayed top and center is possibly symbolizing said creatures position in the hierarchy of the hive mass depicted, possibly inferring that the Queen is closer related to the Protomorph than the classic Xenomorph.   

http://www.alien-covenant.com/topic/43817 

Good work, I´ll give another view:

The red one is a original Space Jockey.
So you are saying engineers are xenomorphs once they are facehugged, because they use the hosts.
So therefor the xeno is part bio mechanical because the engineer suits are also bio mechanical and that would explain the skull xenomorph, its all based on an engineer suit.
And the crest on top of the jockey is some kind of king queen suit and when its facehugged or morphed into a xeno it becomes an egg laying queen.
Im not saying its possible but in a weird way it could be the answer to it all, but wouldnt Ridey retcon every movie with this?

zoidy

zoidy

I'll give another view.

It's art. And its not representative.

Well, it's representative of alieny stuff.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed