All Star Trek

Started by Shasvre, Jan 09, 2010, 09:26:47 PM

Author
All Star Trek (Read 341,502 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 02, 2023, 12:43:28 PMStill need to watch that version; The Motion Picture is my favorite Trek film as well

If I could I'd like your post twice.

Watch it on a real good quality TV and Sound system if you can. The visual and audio details I've never seen or heard before are amazing.

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 02, 2023, 04:12:32 PM

Pine makes a valid point. Why are they always trying to make Trek blockbusters. Go for what the fanbase want - the film can be made on a smaller budget but focus on the serious, intelligent sci-fi that us Trekkies do love.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah, I'd be all for a smaller, more introspective Star Trek on the big screen again. I think the 2009 film works for what it's going for - the cast is phenomenal and it's exciting, very much the blockbuster it set out to be - but if you look hard enough, you can really see the seams starting to show. Into Darkness is awful, probably my least favorite Trek film bar none. I do really love Beyond though, mostly because it feels like it could just be a big, extended episode of TOS in a lot of ways.

I would LOVE to see something more akin to The Motion Picture on the big screen again, though.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 04, 2023, 02:55:00 AMI would LOVE to see something more akin to The Motion Picture on the big screen again, though.

Funnily enough, one of my favourite Trek movies. I haven't even seen the director's cut, only the slower theatrical version. I really like glacial films, haha.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 04, 2023, 08:44:07 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 04, 2023, 02:55:00 AMI would LOVE to see something more akin to The Motion Picture on the big screen again, though.

Funnily enough, one of my favourite Trek movies. I haven't even seen the director's cut, only the slower theatrical version. I really like glacial films, haha.

You need to watch the Director's Cut.

So great to see so much love for The Motion Picture on here.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Prez on Mar 05, 2023, 11:35:22 AM
Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 04, 2023, 08:44:07 AM

You need to watch the Director's Cut.

So great to see so much love for The Motion Picture on here.

I hear it just got a bluray release, so I'm looking to see it soon!

Wweyland

Wweyland

I will share the love for The Motion Picture, enjoyed the slowness.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Prez on Mar 05, 2023, 11:35:22 AMSo great to see so much love for The Motion Picture on here.

I have a soft spot for it too.  It's definitely not perfect, but it's in the pantheon of late-70s sci-fi renaissance classics for me.  It also feels more epic than any Star Trek movie that came afterward.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 06, 2023, 03:01:44 AM
Quote from: Prez on Mar 05, 2023, 11:35:22 AMSo great to see so much love for The Motion Picture on here.

I have a soft spot for it too.  It's definitely not perfect, but it's in the pantheon of late-70s sci-fi renaissance classics for me.  It also feels more epic than any Star Trek movie that came afterward.

Absolutely nailed it!

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

How many Star Trek continuities / universe are there?

I mean...there is the original, the mirror universe (although that is like a pocket dimension of the original😅) the one by J.J Abrams...but any more?

Forgive my ignorance. It's just that I tend to be more Star Wars, and even there I don't know almost anything lol

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 07, 2023, 11:29:55 PMHow many Star Trek continuities / universe are there?

I mean...there is the original, the mirror universe (although that is like a pocket dimension of the original😅) the one by J.J Abrams...but any more?

Forgive my ignorance. It's just that I tend to be more Star Wars, and even there I don't know almost anything lol

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 07, 2023, 11:29:55 PMHow many Star Trek continuities / universe are there?

Too many!!

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

With the exception of the Abrams movies, all of the TV series and movies ostensibly take place in the same continuity.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 11, 2023, 04:25:59 AM

With the exception of the Abrams movies, all of the TV series and movies ostensibly take place in the same continuity.

Clear as a crystal skull ;D

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

The Star Trek film and television media I would recommend:

Number 1: Star Trek The Original Series, (Completely optional Animated Series if you loved that and just want more) then Star Trek the original films.

Number 2: TNG, First Contact, DS9.
(Voyager, I do not like it but some do, Enterprise you might as well at that point, if you have got this far)

Number 3: Star Trek 09, Into Darkness, Beyond.

Current stuff: Strange New Worlds, Picard Season 3, avoid 2 and 1, hopefully both shows fulfill their potential.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed