Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,332,571 times)

nanison

nanison

Well ok then if you all think Scarlett is necessary for this franchise then so be it.
I hope they make it worthwhile and do a Hitchcock and kill her off violently halfway through

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: nanison on Mar 26, 2024, 10:12:39 PMWell ok then if you all think Scarlett is necessary for this franchise then so be it.
I hope they make it worthwhile and do a Hitchcock and kill her off violently halfway through

That's cold. :p

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Pictured Scarjo with Nanison.

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: E. Shaw on Mar 26, 2024, 09:36:04 PM
Quote from: aliens13 on Mar 26, 2024, 08:39:55 PM
Quote from: E. Shaw on Mar 26, 2024, 07:52:49 PM
Quote from: aliens13 on Mar 26, 2024, 06:11:39 PM
Quote from: E. Shaw on Mar 26, 2024, 03:36:04 PMI have confess that I really am not excited for any more JP/JW films. I fall asleep almost every viewing of Dominion; those locusts pit me to sleep. :D
Me too, I was really excited for Dominion and it was a huge disappointment for me. I think that this movie will fail hard

They need to get back to the Crichton horror roots, "theme park monsters." (Alan Grant, JPIII)
They won't do that, since the first JW it's obvious that they are focusing in the more younger audiences and then you see the pet called Blue, the T Rex being an hero, the dinosaurs in general even less animals and more monsters (or in the case like the Sinoceratops or Stygimoloch comic relif). I can't see the OG trilogy and the JW trilogy and think that they are the same universe, and I don't going to talk about Camp Cretaceous. That show it's beyond of ridiculous

I agree. JW has turned into Godzilla's Monsterverse with match ups and smash downs. The exception was the first JW, with that scene of the raptor (Charlie or Delta) tearing into the InGen soldier as he yells at Claire to leave in her hospital vehicle, the blood flying on the window and his death cries was so good! I also thought The Indominus Rex despite ripping off Toho mutation ideas was creepy and horror worthy. Why Trevorrow said the Giganotosaurus in Dominion was The Joker makes no sense, Indominus was The Joker, it wanted to see the whole Jurassic World burn or well more accurately covered in his teeth and claw marks.
Even worst they give the Giganotosaurus an more animal-like behaviour but an monster-like design, the Giga didn't do anything to be the antagonist of the movie... Another wasted opportunity. And speaking of wasted opportunity's, we have the OG trio back and they only use them to make jokes. I always say that Dominion for me it's the best of the JW trilogy but some days I really hate that movie

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 26, 2024, 09:19:13 PM

After this movie, Guillermo Del Toro should do a Victorian-looking Jurassik Park reboot and add stuff like a dinosaur hunter with steampunk tech⚙️👀👉👈

What a cool image that one of the Megalosaurus "Victorian Jurassic Park". I always love to read The Lost World of Arthur Conan Doyle, and the depictions of the dinosaurs back in the day

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: aliens13 on Mar 26, 2024, 10:28:44 PM
Quote from: E. Shaw on Mar 26, 2024, 03:36:04 PMI have confess that I really am not excited for any more JP/JW films. I fall asleep almost every viewing of Dominion; those locusts pit me to sleep. :D
Me too, I was really excited for Dominion and it was a huge disappointment for me. I think that this movie will fail hard

They need to get back to the Crichton horror roots, "theme park monsters." (Alan Grant, JPIII)
They won't do that, since the first JW it's obvious that they are focusing in the more younger audiences and then you see the pet called Blue, the T Rex being an hero, the dinosaurs in general even less animals and more monsters (or in the case like the Sinoceratops or Stygimoloch comic relif). I can't see the OG trilogy and the JW trilogy and think that they are the same universe, and I don't going to talk about Camp Cretaceous. That show it's beyond of ridiculous

I agree. JW has turned into Godzilla's Monsterverse with match ups and smash downs. The exception was the first JW, with that scene of the raptor (Charlie or Delta) tearing into the InGen soldier as he yells at Claire to leave in her hospital vehicle, the blood flying on the window and his death cries was so good! I also thought The Indominus Rex despite ripping off Toho mutation ideas was creepy and horror worthy. Why Trevorrow said the Giganotosaurus in Dominion was The Joker makes no sense, Indominus was The Joker, it wanted to see the whole Jurassic World burn or well more accurately covered in his teeth and claw marks.
Even worst they give the Giganotosaurus an more animal-like behaviour but an monster-like design, the Giga didn't do anything to be the antagonist of the movie... Another wasted opportunity. And speaking of wasted opportunity's, we have the OG trio back and they only use them to make jokes. I always say that Dominion for me it's the best of the JW trilogy but some days I really hate that movie

Yeah the OG cast doesn't shine except for Ian Malcom when he delivers, "you rapacious rat b*st*rd!" line. The Extended Edition is much better, having the Jurassic Period Prolouge and Rexy at the drive in, which was featured in so many trailers and commercials but did not make the theatrical cut. I also like Blue attacking hunters in the snow. 

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: E. Shaw on Mar 26, 2024, 10:33:55 PM

Yeah and OG cast doesn't shine except for Ian Malcom when he delivers, "you rapacious rat b*st*rd!" line. The Extended Edition is much better, habing the Jurassic Period Prolouge and Rexy at the drive in, which was featured in so many trailers and commercials but did not make the theatrical cut. I also like Blue attacking hunters in the snow. 
Yes, the extended cut it's a big improvement. I think that the extended cut was the theatrical version at first but they cut it down because the movie it will be to long, and that's why the theatrical cut that we saw in cinemas feels very weird and incomplete. Having saying that, while I liked the prologue, it always bothered me that they mixed dinosaurs of different ages and places together. For a paleonerd like me it's hard to see an T Rex and a Giganotosaurus livings together when in reality there's a gap of almost 40 million of years between them, and even different continents. But it's a movie, not a documentary so I can forgive that. I reeeeally loved the Oviraptor design

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: aliens13 on Mar 26, 2024, 10:41:01 PM
Quote from: E. Shaw on Mar 26, 2024, 10:33:55 PM

Yeah and OG cast doesn't shine except for Ian Malcom when he delivers, "you rapacious rat b*st*rd!" line. The Extended Edition is much better, habing the Jurassic Period Prolouge and Rexy at the drive in, which was featured in so many trailers and commercials but did not make the theatrical cut. I also like Blue attacking hunters in the snow. 
Yes, the extended cut it's a big improvement. I think that the extended cut was the theatrical version at first but they cut it down because the movie it will be to long, and that's why the theatrical cut that we saw in cinemas feels very weird and incomplete. Having saying that, while I liked the prologue, it always bothered me that they mixed dinosaurs of different ages and places together. For a paleonerd like me it's hard to see an T Rex and a Giganotosaurus livings together when in reality there's a gap of almost 40 million of years between them, and even different continents. But it's a movie, not a documentary so I can forgive that. I reeeeally loved the Oviraptor design

I'd have cut out most of Locust arch, and kept those scenes. The Prologue is the only thing that makes Rexy versus Giga have some weight, that there is literal bad blood between them because of their ancestors; still though, the fight feels so forced and pointless to the narrative.

nanison

nanison

For what it's worth I have absolutely nothing against ScarJo, I just don't get her inclusion.

SiL

SiL

You could say that about any actor not in the franchise being attached.

ace3g

aliens13

aliens13

Looks interesting, I was let down after Season 4 and 5 of CC but I will give this show a chance. It's good that they are using the Atrociraptor, a lot of the new Dominion dinos had very little screen time. I hope to see more of the Pyroraptor

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Looking forward to the Jurassic Park Classic Game Collection:

Huntsman

Huntsman

I'd be interested in a Scarlett led JP movie especially if it was Trespasser influenced, and set during the 90s on Sorna. I highly doubt that will happen though.

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: ace3g on Mar 28, 2024, 03:29:13 PMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZMLpmBwQf4
https://twitter.com/EW/status/1773369157171511300

https://twitter.com/DreamWorksTV/status/1773386061026078848

That poster with the Carnivore mouth looks very much like Alien Romulus poster.. hmmm...

I am referring to position of jaw, saliva, and color.

Immortan Jonesy

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed