AvP Officially Gains PG13?

Started by Darkness, Jul 23, 2004, 02:21:27 PM

Author
AvP Officially Gains PG13? (Read 22,279 times)

KAlien

KAlien

All of you have made some really good points on the R vs PG-13 debate. I Hope the movie does really well but for that to happen it has to be R. Im a fan of PA's work Mortal Kombat was good but and R rated version would have been better. But let's remember that was 1995 and MK was one of the most popular games out there. I think Anderson was limited on what he could do with that film. It was just a classic case of the the studio wanting to make more money. And we all know what a piece of carp MK annilation was. Because PG-13 and made for kids. Remember Event Horizon graphic as hell. Soldier ok but it could have been better. Resident Evil good movie but again video game movie. Cut away shots, studio money. Now AVP the movie we've all been waiting for. The Rating unknown. Ah hell just blame the dame kids of today.

WessDaMess

WessDaMess

Even though there hasn't even comfirmed that AVP is PG-13 at http://movieweb.com they have AVP Rated PG-13  (for violence, language, horror images, slime and gore)

CelticPredator

CelticPredator

what about 13 year olds? anyway dont blame the kids blame the parents...if they let there kids to see r films (like me) then we would have a r film. but like someone said we'll find out next week, or posibly tommorow.   ;D  

SaNdMaNxX

SaNdMaNxX

wessdamess:  hey man ur rite and the thing iz that it looks pretty damn official    >:D  

Vliegertron5000

Vliegertron5000

The 1997 SPAWN live-action movie was rated PG-13, and the DVD version was rated R.  The same could happen for Aliens Vs. Predator.

Pvt Hudson

Pvt Hudson

hey guys im going away for a week to my cousins cottage, itll definitely getmy mind off of avp for a while! its consumed my life i cant go anhour without thinking about it! i need a favor from someone, perhaps you darkness, i need someone to e-mail any NEW information about AVP as it comes in! can anyone do that?  my e-mail is gangsta1138@hotmail.com   (IF THE OFFICIAL rating comes out, dont put it in the subject, i want it to be a surprise wheni open it so just put rating iss...)   thanks guys im looking forward tocoming back to talk avp! GO RATED R!  ILL Be Back!

JustAnotherAlien

JustAnotherAlien

Just the theme alone of this movie is enough to warrant it an R rating. Aliens and predators: both scary as hell. There is no way the MPAA will give it a PG-13. Look at signs. No blood, gore, violence, or language (if i can remember) of any kind, but it was the scare factor of that movie. It still scares the shit out of me. It got a PG-13 just because it was scary. Now if they add the traditional violence of the Alien and Predator sagas, you have an R rated film. Not to mention the language and innuendo. I simply cant imagine the MPAA allowing any kids to see this movie. Remember in the end it isn't FOX that rates this movie, its the MPAA.

leftcoastpunk08

leftcoastpunk08

Look, I don't get how a movie is going to suck making it pg 13.  Look at Hellboy, Lord of the Rings, Spider man, The Bourne Identity.    Those were all pretty good films.  Pg 13 or R, I don't care...As long as it is entertaining, it will be fine with me.

CelticPredator

CelticPredator

was hellboy sposed to be r?

Jose

Jose

GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!  Listen, PG-13 is BETTER for AvP. What are you people? 9 years old? Who the hell cares about gore, blood and whatever? The most important piece of the movie is the movie itself and if it's entertaining.  I rather have AvP make TWICE more in the boxoffice than to see 3 more mins of gore and chainsaw.

JustAnotherAlien

JustAnotherAlien

Actually, some of the people here probably ARE 9 years old.  All I want to see is the movie EXACTLY how the director envisioned it. If PA is okay with the final cut, then so am I.

predizzle

predizzle

i think u all should shut the f**k up!!!  if the movie is r it will be r.if those little shit want 2 see it so bad they will probly just sneek in or they will go with there parents u just cant stop it SHIT HAPPENS. but i do want 2 know wats its rated 2   :)  

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

i want gore lol

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

THIS FILM IS NOT GOING TO BE PG 13 LOL

BKB

BKB

Hate to say this folks, but where in this link did it say the film was in fact, PG-13??? http://www.visimag.com/shivers/h114_feat01.htm  I've read it twice and it doesn't say anything about the rating at all and sounds like more bullshit stirred up for nothing courtesy of DARK HORIZONS who don't know anymore than the rest of us.. All this bitching and whining has been for nothing..LOL!!!!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed