Peter Weyland video ! ^^

Started by Snowdog, Feb 28, 2012, 07:16:01 PM

Author
Peter Weyland video ! ^^ (Read 150,401 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

That video was really, really great! Has me wondering about Pearce's role now. I remember he said that it was small...maybe he won't be alive at all (or simply very old) in Prometheus. Maybe the characters will see videos similar to this at a few points in the film/

All I know is, this is an excellent way to kick off the viral marketing! Hype levels for Prometheus rising!

Valaquen

Valaquen

Because Charles Weyland is wiped from the canon. Peter Weyland founded the company and he seems to have all of the credit in technology that Charles was initially saddled with. Ergo ... work it out from there.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 28, 2012, 08:06:36 PM
I just don't see how or why we can eliminate AVP from continuity, especially when they make a very specific reference to those films.
How? Ridley Scott, that's how. Why? Because it must be done.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Valaquen on Feb 28, 2012, 08:08:16 PM
Because Charles Weyland is wiped from the canon. Peter Weyland founded the company and he seems to have all of the credit in technology that Charles was initially saddled with. Ergo ... work it out from there.

There's no evidence that Peter Weyland founded Weyland Industries, it just says that he spawned an empire which could very well be another company.  Once that's done, he could have bought out or merged with Weyland Industries to make Weyland Megacorp that we see in Prometheus.  Also, I don't think his physical similarity to Lance Henriksen was done by accident.

First Blood

First Blood

Did you vist the site?

Considered a seminal moment in the career of our founder Peter Weyland, this 2023 TED Talk launched Weyland Corp into the international spotlight.

https://www.weylandindustries.com/

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 28, 2012, 08:10:52 PM
There's no evidence that Peter Weyland founded Weyland Industries, it just says that he spawned an empire which could very well be another company.  Once that's done, he could have bought out or merged with Weyland Industries to make Weyland Megacorp that we see in Prometheus.  Also, I don't think his physical similarity to Lance Henriksen was done by accident.
Oh my dear lord. Face facts: AVP is no longer canon (as if it ever really was). If you like it, fine, but it is not part of the ALIEN universe started by Ridley. He has just made sure of that. If for no other reason, PROMETHEUS will at least be a boon to the series in that respect.

Also, it looks like we may be getting more viral stuff, possibly this week!
"Interested parties can expect to find out more within the next few days."

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 28, 2012, 08:10:52 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Feb 28, 2012, 08:08:16 PM

You didn't read the page, did you? Peter Weyland is fingered as the founder. Please read.

I am the last person on Earth that wants AVP to be connected to Prometheus but...

There is nothing in the info presented so far that eradicates the notion that Charles Weyland WASNT Peter's father. Self taught software engineer...I do recall that in AVP Weyland Industries were involved in cybernetics?

Perhaps Weyland Megacorp took the knowledge one step further!

Also the growling 'Faux Queen's English' voice hints at AVP Henrikson...

Aaaaarrrrrgggghhhh!  :(

nendo

nendo

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 28, 2012, 07:44:38 PM
Then how is Peter Weyland alive in both 2023 and in Prometheus?  Maybe they already invented cryotubes by then?  On a side note, it looks like Prometheus isn't ignoring the AVP films after all if Ridley is still using the title "Weyland Industries." :)

https://www.weylandindustries.com/

who says he's alive in the film? We know he's only in it for a minute or so. This scene will more than likely be his only appearance in prometheus.

having the word Industries doesn't mean its connected to avp. Industries is a very common word, as is corp. so it doesn't warrant enough to say its connected

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: 180924609 on Feb 28, 2012, 08:21:41 PM
I am the last person on Earth that wants AVP to be connected to Prometheus but...

There is nothing in the info presented so far that eradicates the notion that Charles Weyland WASNT Peter's father. Self taught software engineer...I do recall that in AVP Weyland Industries were involved in cybernetics?
If Charles was his father, why not point it out, ala the Starks? There is no Charles Weyland. Additionally, Peter founds the company, not Charles, etc.

QuoteAlso the growling 'Faux Queen's English' voice hints at AVP Henrikson...
No. Ever since ALIEN's release, Weylan-Yutani was a merged British/Japanese company.

Wobblyboddle77

Wobblyboddle77

Awesome find just visited the link, really enjoyed looking over this, hopefully the foul stench of the avp films can be sidelined now and replaced with prometheus.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Feb 28, 2012, 07:29:57 PM
QuoteSir Peter Weyland was born in Mumbai, India at the turn of the Millennium. The progeny of two brilliant parents; His mother, an Oxford Educated Professor of Comparative Mythology, his father, a self-taught software Engineer, it was clear from an early age that Sir Peter's capabilities would only be eclipsed by his ambition to realize them. By the age of fourteen, he had already registered a dozen patents in a wide range of fields from biotech to robotics, but it would be his dynamic break-throughs in generating synthetic atmosphere above the polar ice cap that gained him worldwide recognition and spawned an empire.

In less than a decade, Weyland Corporation became a worldwide leader in emerging technologies and launched the first privatized industrial mission to leave the planet Earth. "There are other worlds than this one," Sir Peter boldly declared, "And if there is no air to breathe, we will simply have to make it."

Mmm, that retcon tastes delicious.

It does.

Building Better Worlds. :)

Cvalda

Cvalda

I wonder how Paul WS Anderson feels, now that Sir Ridley has given his "contributions" to the series a big middle finger. Ouch :P

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

Timeline people timeline. With what we've just seen Charles Weyland is no more. THERE IS NO CHARLES WEYLAND.

Peter Weyland is the founder. End of debate. There will always be a 'what if' but we're dealing with 'what's presented to us' not 'what ifs.'

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

You know, I really don't mind AVP. In fact, I quite enjoy it. But I do much prefer keeping it separate fro the Alien films. Prometheus is shaping up to be great, and based on the trailer and this video, has the potential to be the Alien prequel we've all been waiting for! Even without the Alien itself, I'm excited to see just what this film has to offer.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed