The Cinemacon Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 26, 2018, 03:37:39 PM

Author
The Cinemacon Thread (Read 76,750 times)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Petr Švancara on Apr 30, 2018, 06:35:29 PM
Oh, and they will be using human weapons? Jesus Christ how can I accept this nonsense.

You wanna hear a good one ? The main captured pred also use human weaponry in one scene... Dual wielded machine gun precisely ! Have fun !  ;)

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: Master on Apr 30, 2018, 12:19:48 AM
Spoiler
The script also touches alien invasion. Done to the death s-f thrope. Predators (not only upgrade) mutate themselves to better cope with our atmosphere. Their planet is dying due to global cooling, so, out of all planets in the universe, they are going to invade earth.
[close]

This is starting to become physically painful. The ideas of this movie thus far are giving me thunderclap migraines.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

The more I read, the less I think Black and Fox knew what made the first two great.

The Wolverine Predator

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I remember when the first photos of the set getting let out had a
Spoiler
Bar Fight Scene
[close]

I read the script and don't recall that in there unless I was just reading it too fast because I had to get to work, if this is the case, then everyone who is all stressed out about the plot needs to just wait to see the movie and not worry so much about the terrible synopsis or script being the actual finished product. it's mot like this movie is being directed by the same directors as AVP and AVPR or even Predators.

But if I'm Wrong, someone please point me in the right direction

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

Quote from: skull-splitter on Apr 30, 2018, 09:27:24 PM
The more I read, the less I think Black and Fox knew what made the first two great.

The first one was great because of a good cast of characters, great action, and great suspense. who's to say The Predator won't have any of these?

Ramjet311

Ramjet311

Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on Apr 30, 2018, 10:33:44 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I remember when the first photos of the set getting let out had a
Spoiler
Bar Fight Scene
[close]

I read the script and don't recall that in there unless I was just reading it too fast because I had to get to work, if this is the case, then everyone who is all stressed out about the plot needs to just wait to see the movie and not worry so much about the terrible synopsis or script being the actual finished product. it's mot like this movie is being directed by the same directors as AVP and AVPR or even Predators.

Yep, there was no bar fight in the original script. Im still not sure people understand that the script was the original draft written years ago.

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: Ramjet311 on May 01, 2018, 12:06:30 AM
Spoiler
Bar Fight Scene
[close]

Yep, there was no bar fight in the original script. Im still not sure people understand that the script was the original draft written years ago.
Yeah, I don't see why so many wanna be so negative about a draft that's old and seems to have changed in some ways, I'm betting this movie is gonna be pretty damn good and Shane has been trying to keep it as quiet as possible

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Yeah iv read the script quite a few times now, i still have it if anyone wants it , i don't think it was changed that much considering the official plot. I suspect a large chunk of it in fact , does remain intact. When they say they have changed the entire third act, it's pretty obvious the old script isn't as old as people wished it would be, and that the core build of the script is still being used.

CelticP

CelticP

I'm down with all this weird stuff to be honest. I really want to see this series go to new places, whether they work or not. I think just doing the same story about a Predator hunting people, and then some random guy fights it and kills it is really boring and I love the idea of human teamed up Predators. It's kind of a rad, campy concept that develops the creatures in a unique way. That they are intelligent and will go after threats that affect them, including their own kind.

Plus like, a Predator riding a tank is the best kind of pulpy comic book style this series needs. I like Predators a lot, but it does tread water a bit. I like the things they added, but I want to them to go harder.

Even if it doesn't work, I'd rather someone try and evolve the series than keep it stagnant. It's a movie at the end of the day.

The Wolverine Predator

I'm a fan from day 1, I saw Predator in the theater the night it came out and have been hooked since. Time has gone by and I'm cool with some changes, I definitely don't wanna keep doing the same story, The Original is a classic and it's untouchable in my mind.

I wanna see some excitement, some humor, but not too overboard. I can say without a doubt I'm not worried, because it's in Shane's hands and I think they have a pretty good cast that will carry this franchise to new heights.

Ramjet311

Ramjet311

Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on May 01, 2018, 01:13:06 AM
Quote from: Ramjet311 on May 01, 2018, 12:06:30 AM
Spoiler
Bar Fight Scene
[close]

Yeah, I don't see why so many wanna be so negative about a draft that's old and seems to have changed in some ways, I'm betting this movie is gonna be pretty damn good and Shane has been trying to keep it as quiet as possible

100% Agree!!

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

Quote from: CelticP on May 01, 2018, 01:16:01 AM
I'm down with all this weird stuff to be honest. I really want to see this series go to new places, whether they work or not. I think just doing the same story about a Predator hunting people, and then some random guy fights it and kills it is really boring and I love the idea of human teamed up Predators. It's kind of a rad, campy concept that develops the creatures in a unique way. That they are intelligent and will go after threats that affect them, including their own kind.

Plus like, a Predator riding a tank is the best kind of pulpy comic book style this series needs. I like Predators a lot, but it does tread water a bit. I like the things they added, but I want to them to go harder.

Even if it doesn't work, I'd rather someone try and evolve the series than keep it stagnant. It's a movie at the end of the day.

I've been saying this forever. we don't need another movie about another clueless group of humans running around being hunted. It's time to take risks.

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

The thing is we are not being completely negative, we are being completely fair and rational, and most of us have already said we will give the film it's fair shot  regardless of expectations, but the fact of the matter is you don't have to deliberately mess up the original lore and contradict it , just to appear fresh and appeal to a new audience.

You can still pay homage to the originals  without being cliched,  yet have a fresh take on things.

There was plenty the original two films established and set up that could be built and expanded on. That isn't the case with The Predator. It's choosing to do its own thing.

Personally for me , I don't like how the classic predators are being down graded and how they would suddenly work with its prey because it is now being hunted itself , the predator I have always known would blow itself up long before people had the chance to capture it or when facing defeat. P1 and P2 both showed this self destructive attitude when they were cornered. The Predator isn't consistent with that , and this is just one of many hick ups and gripes that I see going on , that's why I'm worried.and I think it's legit to have lowered expectations at this point.

Highland

Highland

You can do team ups and friendly predators without dressing them up in army gear. There's story changes then there's going too far with it. We will have to see how it pans out.

I don't mind the team up angle if the Predator is still the bad guy, but he's choosing the lesser of the two evils. If we get scenes with predators getting butt slaps and high fives to Metallica sandman though....

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Highland on May 01, 2018, 03:38:39 AM
You can do team ups and friendly predators without dressing them up in army gear. There's story changes then there's going too far with it. We will have to see how it pans out.

I don't mind the team up angle if the Predator is still the bad guy, but he's choosing the lesser of the two evils. If we get scenes with predators getting butt slaps and high fives to Metallica sandman though....

What about "babe I'm gonna leave you" by Zeppelin? Some butt slaps might just work perfectly with the timing of that tune.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed