The Cinemacon Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 26, 2018, 03:37:39 PM

Author
The Cinemacon Thread (Read 76,750 times)

Daz1999

Daz1999

Quote from: skull-splitter on Apr 26, 2018, 09:36:37 PM
Quote from: Daz1999 on Apr 26, 2018, 09:33:20 PM
I hope the predators have the tribal look from the first two films, avp really fkd that up
This. But knowing todays design fads, they probably wont.

It's such a big part of what made them interesting imo, Aliens are always depicted as sleek shiny etc in movies, seeing this creature that obviously has tech far beyond our own but still obviously steeped in their own history and culture amazed me as a child and still does, the scene at the end of P2 was incredible, here's hoping this film builds on that rather that taking a dump on it

Ramjet311

Ramjet311

The logo for the film looks good too,nice and simple, yet effective 👍👍

http://comicbook.com/horror/2018/04/26/the-predator-movie-logo-2018-shane-black/

CIAPredFan

CIAPredFan

Really looking forward to this film for some reason. Black isnt a bad director but dekkers work with robocop 3 was awful. However im thinking to catch this in dubai mall.

Huggs

Huggs

Sounds like "Major Payne" meets "The Watch". I'm staying positive though. It's still too easy to be critical at this point. Give us the trailer.

Stealth_Hunter

Stealth_Hunter

Quote from: Ramjet311 on Apr 26, 2018, 09:45:26 PM
The logo for the film looks good too,nice and simple, yet effective 👍👍

http://comicbook.com/horror/2018/04/26/the-predator-movie-logo-2018-shane-black/

It looks badass!

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Sounds pretty amazing to me, cant wait to see that trailer.

I like the story/synopsis.

aliens13

aliens13

This sounds crappy has hell. This could be worst than AvP and AvPR. Schwarzenegger must be crying.

Highland

Highland

"genetically upgraded"

Can't help but think of the scene in Jurassic World where he says - "you wanted more teeth!!"

If it's not broken an all that...hopefully they still look like Predators.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Trouble is, it might appeal to many but not to fans of the original two. No more tribes, tech nouveau, suspence just more generic and less mystery.

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

Yes, if this whole synopsis will be centered on a different exotic planet, totally without humans but with Predators against another Predators as a clan war or something, perhaps with other animal creatures in the mix, than it could be interesting even with the whole global invasion aspect. But when this is happening on the Earth, esspecialy with this size of global conflict? I just dont like it. . it sounds like that "our cities are in danger and everyone should rather stay at home" this reminds me a martial law or something, stay away until the army fix the problem cliche, similar to AVP2, just BS that could still end up by using an Atomic bomb. . no surprise. I truly like some of the leaked scenes from the forests, but still. . it sounds more like war between human soldiers and many, many Predators. Maybe that I just dont understand that the way I should, but still, it looks like this time Predators will made their own conflict with us in a bigger scale, instead of using actual human conflict for their silent hunt as like before in previous movies.

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

Another surprise is why no one mentioned the music style from the actual trailer, no wonder. . without Alan Silvestri? It would be just generic.

SiL

SiL

Trailer music is never from the film.

dallevalle

dallevalle

Quote from: SiL on Apr 27, 2018, 12:35:41 AM
Trailer music is never from the film.

that's not true sil.

Thedutchpredator

Thedutchpredator

I don't think it's to much of a stretch to believe that not only do predators keep trophy's but they keep the DNA from their kills as well. It's not just our DNA they are mixing with but all kills from all planets they hunt it could explain the different looks and style of the predators we are getting with different movies could also explain a little why they hunt the strongest of our species so they can gain the attributes of their kill. I love the predator franchise but I for one don't want to see another team go against the predator and guess what a guy and girl survives and the predator dies and the We can't change the way fox are going we just need to enjoy it.
Now where is this trailer........

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Thedutchpredator on Apr 27, 2018, 01:40:00 AM
I don't think it's to much of a stretch to believe that not only do predators keep trophy's but they keep the DNA from their kills as well. It's not just our DNA they are mixing with but all kills from all planets they hunt it could explain the different looks and style of the predators we are getting with different movies could also explain a little why they hunt the strongest of our species so they can gain the attributes of their kill. I love the predator franchise but I for one don't want to see another team go against the predator and guess what a guy and girl survives and the predator dies and the We can't change the way fox are going we just need to enjoy it.
Now where is this trailer........

What was wrong with them just having different subspecies? Why does it have to be f*cking genetic dabbling bullsh*t?

Ah, this screams of BAD NEWS all over the place.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed