Full Trailer (HD)

Started by ikarop, Mar 17, 2012, 11:39:42 PM

Author
Full Trailer (HD) (Read 249,707 times)

Arcyarc

Arcyarc

Something I've noticed in the new trailer that's a bit odd...

In the new trailer, we see this scene;

Whereas in the previous trailer, it looked like this;

I wonder why this difference exists. It's clearly the same scene (I think?) so the difference we're seeing must have been done in post-production, unless there's another explanation?

It's just one of a great many questions I'm left pondering after viewing todays releases.

Oh, and that's a great find with the stomach staples, Redleader...

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: Xenomoron on Mar 18, 2012, 03:28:39 AM
At around 2:08-2:09, where Shaw is making her way through the halls of the ship, slowly and painfully, we get a glimpse of a massive figure just around the corner, perhaps chasing her.  But this looked to be something large and reddish -- or my eyes are playing tricks on me.  It didn't strike me as the blue guy, but I can be wrong.  If someone can get a clear freeze frame..... ;). I think this can be very interesting.

Its just a suit.  I did a frame by frame, it doesn't move at all.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: First Blood on Mar 18, 2012, 03:11:44 AM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Mar 18, 2012, 03:07:37 AM
Quote from: osiris. on Mar 18, 2012, 02:32:18 AM

interesting.

There's DEFINITELY alien in this image. There's no disputing that. But I doubt it will have a bearing on the overall plot. There is talk of a second film so maybe this film leads into the Alien universe a bit more.

When does she make reference to it? The part when she says "Prometheus are you seeing this?" If so I didn't realize that's what she was referring to.
Yes, it's going to be very interesting to see if this mural plays any part in the movie, whether it being a tangible object, or simply for display. Shaw does make reference to it in the trailer though.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: Arcyarc on Mar 18, 2012, 03:30:15 AM
Something I've noticed in the new trailer that's a bit odd...

In the new trailer, we see this scene;

Whereas in the previous trailer, it looked like this;

I wonder why this difference exists. It's clearly the same scene (I think?) so the difference we're seeing must have been done in post-production, unless there's another explanation?

It's just one of a great many questions I'm left pondering after viewing todays releases.

Oh, and that's a great find with the stomach staples, Redleader...

Yeah I noticed this too, it almost seems like a bad case of CGI to cover up something, yet the previous trailer shows us nothing we can really know about anyway.... very strange!

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

It wasn't a invitation, it was a trap! HAHA!

Good god, alien murals, the structure itself is straight out of gigers head. An huge eel like thing that become purple somehow come out of shaw, dead space jockey's everywhere. Best of all there is no way Scott would blow the surprise and show off his monsters! I have faith that this will be one f**ked up movie!

Arcyarc

Arcyarc

At around 2:08-2:09, where Shaw is making her way through the halls of the ship, slowly and painfully, we get a glimpse of a massive figure just around the corner, perhaps chasing her.  But this looked to be something large and reddish -- or my eyes are playing tricks on me.  It didn't strike me as the blue guy, but I can be wrong.  If someone can get a clear freeze frame..... ;). I think this can be very interesting.

Looks like an empty spacesuit I reckon  :(

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Yes, and we see other ones hanging in the background too.

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: Arcyarc on Mar 18, 2012, 03:40:37 AM

Looks like an empty spacesuit I reckon  :(

As soon as the HD video was up on youtube i went right for that scene cause i thought it might be a jockey in a suit with how quickly it flashed.  I was very disappointed when it was just a suit.

ADC

ADC

Quote from: RoaryUK on Mar 18, 2012, 03:27:45 AM
This is certainly one of the most interesting images for me, there's so much seemingly going on in there, yet it could be nothing at all....

I agree. I wonder if the SJ's are a long extinct race and the Ian Whyte 'humanoid' is something else...

And the Alien in the wall/ceiling? Has to be!! Even if it's only a reference of some kind, it's pretty neat.
But as someone else said, it seems out of place with what we already know.
It is all looking amazingly amazing and there seems to be so many dynamics at work here – I can't imagine any dead space in this movie. And to be honest, at least visually, it surpasses what I had hoped for.
But I hope that's the last trailer! We've seen a lot now.

xii22loop

xii22loop

theory:

so in the trailer it shows that somehow they figure out the ship (which is contained in the pyramid silo thing) is going to be on its way to Earth. Reminds me of a shitty movie called Supernova (with James Spader and Angela Bassett). Where in space, the characters find this glowing orb thing that changes the biological properties of people in close proximity to it (makes one guy an super strong crazy sorta monster, makes others super strong) and I can't remember how but its purpose is actually to explode on a cosmic nuclear scale and Angela Bassett's character's theory is that some gods created it so whenever any species gets too advanced enough (space travel) and find it.... it gets rid of them, maybe population control so humans or whatever species don't spread too much through the universe.

so is that what this silo does, built for when human's achieve space travel and stumble upon it, and once they enter it activates the ship full of bioweapons to go to earth and extinguish the problem?

Arcyarc

Arcyarc

So another thing I noticed that I found interesting was this scene in the new trailer;

It's obviously some kind of 3d model of a Derelict-type craft, which is pretty neat in itself, but what I noticed that's particularly interesting is that I think that it also shows crew members location inside the ship itself, displayed as small yellow graphics. I've highlighted their location in this pic;

Now, if that is a representation of crew members inside the craft, what it must mean is that in Alien, the egg silo that Kane is lowered into is not part of the ship itself, but is rather some kind of cave complex that the derelict is sitting atop.

There could, of course, be different sizes and functions of derelict-design craft, some being larger transport vessels, and some being smaller multi-purpose craft, but given that they appear outwardly identical, I think that that's unlikely.

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: Arcyarc on Mar 18, 2012, 04:07:14 AM
So another thing I noticed that I found interesting was this scene in the new trailer;

It's obviously some kind of 3d model of a Derelict-type craft, which is pretty neat in itself, but what I noticed that's particularly interesting is that I think that it also shows crew members location inside the ship itself, displayed as small yellow graphics. I've highlighted their location in this pic;

Now, if that is a representation of crew members inside the craft, what it must mean is that in Alien, the egg silo that Kane is lowered into is not part of the ship itself, but is rather some kind of cave complex that the derelict is sitting atop.

There could, of course, be different sizes and functions of derelict-design craft, some being larger transport vessels, and some being smaller multi-purpose craft, but given that they appear outwardly identical, I think that that's unlikely.

I was actually thinking that while watching the trailer, that the underground cavern is obviously not part of the ship.

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

the cavern in which the alien eggs were was too huge for the ship in the first place. it was also placed below the pilot's chamber which was in the very center, and it ran very long both ways. we don't see that in this map. it would fit in the left arm, but that would mess up the location.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Arcyarc on Mar 18, 2012, 04:07:14 AM

Thats pretty much what Giger said it is: '[W]e had to combine the derelict ship and the hatchery silo. I thought we could place the egg silo under the ship, a bit like termites do.'

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: echobbase79 on Mar 18, 2012, 03:31:13 AM
When does she make reference to it? The part when she says "Prometheus are you seeing this?" If so I didn't realize that's what she was referring to.

In one part she says "Overhead, they're changing" and I thought it was in reference to the alien looking mural on the ceiling. But, at the rate these theories are flying out of these threads, who knows.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed