Started by ikarop, Mar 17, 2012, 11:39:42 PM

Author
Full Trailer (HD) (Read 249,684 times)

cmdcnqr

cmdcnqr

Oops. I meant it is a map... duh

Naissus

Naissus

Didn't one of the crew say the ship is going back to earth?  I wonder if that goo is the instrument the SJ or Engineers or a yet unseen lovecraftian god use to take other lifeforms and craft them in their own image or bind them to the creators.  Maybe the goo can create life use to pilot the ship, actually create the ship, create weapons ala xenomorphs, etc.  perhaps being able to create or recreate using organic and inorganic matter.

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: Bakurenoh on Mar 18, 2012, 02:04:49 AM
Also the one king dies and another takes over i think that Mr Blue's time is at an end and that one of the new crew will end up being our new pilot (David).

I've actually thought quite a few times that the new Jockey would be Weyland hunting for immortality.

Which also fits in with the King thing.  He seems the type that believes he should be blessed with eternal life.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: arogony on Mar 18, 2012, 02:10:59 AM
David is VERY intrigued with that alien baby thing.

Weird.

David just seems like a very creepy character. That actor has done it again. He's one of the best actors working today.

silentassasin47

silentassasin47

Quote from: Naissus on Mar 18, 2012, 02:14:47 AM
Didn't one of the crew say the ship is going back to earth?  I wonder if that goo is the instrument the SJ or Engineers or a yet unseen lovecraftian god use to take other lifeforms and craft them in their own image or bind them to the creators.  Maybe the goo can create life use to pilot the ship, actually create the ship, create weapons ala xenomorphs, etc.  perhaps being able to create or recreate using organic and inorganic matter.

That seems a bit far fetched imo. Ridley always had the idea that the ship was carrying biological weapons and that the SJ was its pilot. There was never any implication about the ship being created out of nowhere. What I'd assume this goo can do is mess with the DNA of an already existing species.

Given all we've seen so far I don't think we'll get to see a proper alien god or engineer of sorts. If anything, I'd say the closest we'll get is a SJ/human hybrid that ends up being the tall man we see in the trailers.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: echobbase79 on Mar 18, 2012, 02:16:03 AM
Quote from: arogony on Mar 18, 2012, 02:10:59 AM
David is VERY intrigued with that alien baby thing.

Weird.

David just seems like a very creepy character. That actor has done it again. He's one of the best actors working today.

It's awesome watching this man's stardom rise.

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

Omg...well guys time to leave the board to avoid any more spoilers, this is my most anticipated movie ever, first time i registered for a board just because of a movie, i NEVER analyzed a trailer or even pressed the pause button...so don't want to cross a signature or avatar or whatever that contains any more spoilers.

This godlike trailer already reveals more than enough but there is still 1% of the plot missing and i want to keep it that way -  and i'm glad that the Diablo 3 release is close ... as distraction until the movie's release :D

So thx for the nice time, have fun while revealing the missing % of the story and cya after the release  ;)

PS: Ikarop, just contact me with live messenger when you got the textures for the Skyrim suit ready, i will finish the mesh then (shapes for _0/_1 and male/female) - i will PM you my ID once more as safety 'cause i will skip PMs as well  ;)

Bakurenoh

Bakurenoh

I totally now think the goo IS our "space Jockey". The more i logically thing about it is that the Goo has never been able to take form such as a human or any other creature. But it is intelligent in that it knows only one thing. To populate and spread its genes as far and wide as possible. So it probably had enough of its own planet and evolved the ability to form bio mechanical parts to help itself get around, then be able to form ships and such so it could planet hop. But it still needs a host or a tool creature in order to work optimally.

So i reckon all these "maps" that have been left all over the place in these ancient civilisations are to constantly notify where the goo is. If Mr Blue dies or refuses to do the goo's bidding it would cease to be so by giving away its location its constantly got a new source of hosts/pilots.

But im maybe thinking wayyy too hard about this.

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Never say no to Panda! on Mar 18, 2012, 02:22:55 AM
Omg...well guys time to leave the board to avoid any more spoilers, this is my most anticipated movie ever, first time i registered for a board just because of a movie, i NEVER analyzed a trailer or even pressed the pause button...so don't want to cross a signature or avatar or whatever that contains any more spoilers.

This godlike trailer already reveals more than enough but there is still 1% of the plot missing and i want to keep it that way -  and i'm glad that the Diablo 3 release is close ... as distraction until the movie's release :D

So thx for the nice time, have fun while revealing the missing % of the story and cya after the release  ;)

PS: Ikarop, just contact me with live messenger when you got the textures for the Skyrim suit ready, i will finish the mesh then (shapes for _0/_1 and male/female) - i will PM you my ID once more as safety 'cause i will skip PMs as well  ;)

Me too. I'm outta here. The investigations are getting ridiculous. No stone unturned.

silentassasin47

silentassasin47

Quote from: Bakurenoh on Mar 18, 2012, 02:24:31 AM
I totally now think the goo IS our "space Jockey". The more i logically thing about it is that the Goo has never been able to take form such as a human or any other creature. But it is intelligent in that it knows only one thing. To populate and spread its genes as far and wide as possible. So it probably had enough of its own planet and evolved the ability to form bio mechanical parts to help itself get around, then be able to form ships and such so it could planet hop. But it still needs a host or a tool creature in order to work optimally.

So i reckon all these "maps" that have been left all over the place in these ancient civilisations are to constantly notify where the goo is. If Mr Blue dies or refuses to do the goo's bidding it would cease to be so by giving away its location its constantly got a new source of hosts/pilots.

But im maybe thinking wayyy too hard about this.

That seems way more lovecraftnian than what the movie implies (thinking of shoggoths a la Mountains of Madness). Either way, I myself do believe the SJ is an entity capable of changing its anatomy in such a way that it can take any form it wants, but that does not necessarily mean it's just a semi-conscious goo.

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

interesting.

cmdcnqr

cmdcnqr

I hope that mural/image of the classic xeno on the ceiling/wall is part of a series of scenes where the crew sees different murals of different xenos/beasts... that would be sick.

Cvalda

Cvalda

After seeing this trailer four times today in 3D format, I've gotta say--the 3D really distracts from the beautiful visuals. My eyes hurt ten seconds in. I'll see it once in 3D, as Ridley intended, but after that I think I'll stick to 2D, thank ye very much.

shadowedge

shadowedge

My eyes are watering. I have never cried from happiness....until now.

Brilliant trailer.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 18, 2012, 02:42:31 AM
After seeing this trailer four times today in 3D format, I've gotta say--the 3D really distracts from the beautiful visuals. My eyes hurt ten seconds in. I'll see it once in 3D, as Ridley intended, but after that I think I'll stick to 2D, thank ye very much.

I'll try and see this in 2D if given the chance. I don't see the big 'who-ha' behind 3D films. More of a gimmick really, that needs to go away.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed